PDA

View Full Version : Will My Beloved Rockets make it out of the ....

Fotbol
04-17-2008, 12:57 PM
First round,with Home filed advantage against the Jazz?
Damn, I sure hope so!

jason
04-17-2008, 12:58 PM
heck no, the jazz had one of (if not THE best) home record this year - TMAC is once again, one and done...

Fotbol
04-17-2008, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by jason
heck no, the jazz had one of (if not THE best) home record this year - TMAC is once again, one and done...
Jazz has home court Advantage, or the Rockets?
I thought the Jazz had to hit the road?:confused:

coach
04-17-2008, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Fotbol
Damn, I sure hope so!

home court

jason
04-17-2008, 01:05 PM
thought higher seeds had home court??

doesnt matter - houston will not win....

Fotbol
04-17-2008, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by coach
home court
:doh: Getting the Football and Basketball lingo mixed-up!

crzyjournalist03
04-17-2008, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by jason
thought higher seeds had home court??

doesnt matter - houston will not win....

the NBA is so goofy.

They set up brackets instead of having top seeds face the lowest seed left after the first round.

Winning a division championship only guarantees that you get a top four seed, but has nothing to do with home court advantage. Whichever team had the better record, even if they are the lower seed, gets the home court.

JasperDog94
04-17-2008, 01:50 PM
The only way for Houston to win is to take care of business at home. Utah only lost 4 games at home this year. (best in the NBA)

Phil C
04-17-2008, 02:15 PM
If Utah plays like they did against the Spurs I think the Rockets have a good chance. Of course the Spurs were playing great and hopefully will continue to do so.

kepdawg
04-17-2008, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Fotbol
Damn, I sure hope so!

Give me the Jazz

Bull's-eye
04-18-2008, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
If Utah plays like they did against the Spurs I think the Rockets have a good chance. Of course the Spurs were playing great and hopefully will continue to do so.

The Jazz play so great at home, but not so good on the road. Not sure why they have that big of difference from playing at home than being on the road, maybe it's all those white people wearing powder blue. :D

IMO, Rockets must hold home court advantage, but winning 1 game in Utah would be huge.