PDA

View Full Version : Since it's kinda slow today

44INAROW
04-17-2008, 10:36 AM
and the majority of my office staff is at a funeral - I'll spend some "downlow time"...

The local liquor store/western novelty store "BUCKY'S" has a marquee out front and each morning they post birthdays, anniversaries and upcoming local events. Well, this morning it says
Happy Birthday Dave

I immediately thought of Jason's dog............ :D

We've got a new Gobbler in town - one of the coaches and his wife had a little boy yesterday - a little early, but he's going to be fine.. Welcome to the world Colt!

How about this lovely weather we've been having? OMG, it's been Chamber of Commerce weather in Cuero this week. A little cool at the baseball and softball games, but otherwise perfecto!

jason
04-17-2008, 10:38 AM
http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/1367/davedf6.jpg

he is 6 months and a week old now...

AND he has a 5 month old rottweiler girlfriend named zip...

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/446/zipbe5.jpg

Ranger Mom
04-17-2008, 10:41 AM
Good morning 44!!!!

The economy in Midland is BOOMING! It stinks to even go to a restaurant (fast food or otherwise) because they can't get anyone to work for them!! It's amazing..... Burger King is starting out at $10 an hour!!

Anyway....I drove by a Chevron Station yesterday and saw a big sign posted......"MACHANIC NEEDED!" I got a big laugh out that for some reason. I guess all the "scholars" are working elsewhere!!

That made me think....we need this smilie here too: http://www.graffe.com/forums/images/smilies/grammar.gif

Ranger Mom
04-17-2008, 10:41 AM
OMG Jason!!!

Is Dave squatting to pee????:eek:

Txbroadcaster
04-17-2008, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
and the majority of my office staff is at a funeral - I'll spend some "downlow time"...

The local liquor store/western novelty store "BUCKY'S" has a marquee out front and each morning they post birthdays, anniversaries and upcoming local events. Well, this morning it says
Happy Birthday Dave

I immediately thought of Jason's dog............ :D

We've got a new Gobbler in town - one of the coaches and his wife had a little boy yesterday - a little early, but he's going to be fine.. Welcome to the world Colt!

How about this lovely weather we've been having? OMG, it's been Chamber of Commerce weather in Cuero this week. A little cool at the baseball and softball games, but otherwise perfecto!

For some reason this sounds like a part of Greater Tuna

jason
04-17-2008, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
OMG Jason!!!

Is Dave squatting to pee????:eek: lol no, that is his 'attentive stance' - that is a trait of the blue heeler, to be attentive and standing as such....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Cattle_Dog

scroll down just a tad and there is a pic on the right and the paragraph kind of explains it better...

44INAROW
04-17-2008, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
For some reason this sounds like a part of Greater Tuna

have you ever see Greater Tuna? It is great - We've seen several of them @ the Majestic in San Antonio- Red, White and Tuna and the Christmas Tuna.. ;)

OMG Jason!!!

Is Dave squatting to pee????:eek:

kinda looks like it but maybe he is practicing his "bird stance":p

Txbroadcaster
04-17-2008, 10:48 AM
have you ever see Greater Tuna? It is great - We've seen several of them @ the Majestic in San Antonio- Red, White and Tuna and the Christmas Tuna.. ;)

kinda looks like it but maybe he is practicing his "bird stance":p

BuffyMars and I performed Greater Tuna in College with our Theatre

Buffy played the lead female( Parts were broken up, not just two people) and she was friggin awesome

BuffyMars
04-17-2008, 11:05 AM

Buffy played the lead female( Parts were broken up, not just two people) and she was friggin awesome

you make me sound like i am awesome at everything. :lies:

44INAROW
04-17-2008, 11:09 AM

sounds like that was fun........... I had to literally drag Mr44 to the 1st one and he's the one that bought the tickets for the 2nd one :D

pirate4state
04-17-2008, 11:55 AM
A little cool at the baseball and softball games, but otherwise perfecto!

Isn't it just like Texas to have to bundle up to watch baseball & softball and watch football in shorts?!! :doh: :(

Oh well....

44INAROW
04-17-2008, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Isn't it just like Texas to have to bundle up to watch baseball & softball and watch football in shorts?!! :doh: :(

Oh well....

ain't it the truth....... I take my blanket and light jacket to all the games - (well the night games anyway - daytime usually isn't too bad but once the sun goes does - it gets pretty chilly on the hill in Cuero)

pirate4state
04-17-2008, 12:44 PM
ain't it the truth....... I take my blanket and light jacket to all the games - (well the night games anyway - daytime usually isn't too bad but once the sun goes does - it gets pretty chilly on the hill in Cuero) In Feb & March I have to take gloves!!! :eek: :eek: LOL

I have 2 blankets, 2 jackets and 2 hoodies in the truck all the time, "just in case" ROFL!

It'll start to warm up in May and then we'll be complaining about it being so hot! :p

Ranger Mom
04-17-2008, 01:20 PM
In Feb & March I have to take gloves!!! :eek: :eek: LOL

I have 2 blankets, 2 jackets and 2 hoodies in the truck all the time, "just in case" ROFL!

It'll start to warm up in May and then we'll be complaining about it being so hot! :p

I am already warning Ashton about hot it will be at the track meet! She is NOT a sun seeker and I don't think she is able to grasp the concept of what hot really is!!!

pirate4state
04-17-2008, 01:29 PM
I am already warning Ashton about hot it will be at the track meet! She is NOT a sun seeker and I don't think she is able to grasp the concept of what hot really is!!! I was gonna mail her a Sinton softball shirt, but I think I'll just wait and hopefully I can just hand it to her at the track meet. I'm really hoping if we're still playing that I can still make the meet.

Ranger Mom
04-17-2008, 01:31 PM
I was gonna mail her a Sinton softball shirt, but I think I'll just wait and hopefully I can just hand it to her at the track meet. I'm really hoping if we're still playing that I can still make the meet.

How sweet!! She loved her Sinton shirt and she thinks her brother stole it from her....it strangely disappeared anyway!!

pirate4state
04-17-2008, 01:32 PM
How sweet!! She loved her Sinton shirt and she thinks her brother stole it from her....it strangely disappeared anyway!! LOL I remember you telling me that. I don't remember which shirt she had before, but the softball shirt is really cute.