PDA

View Full Version : Celina Question

Necks_Fan
04-16-2008, 08:54 PM
How does Celina make the 10-1 and 9-2 stacked defense work? I just don't understand how they can play such hardcore defense and not get burnt over the top. If we EVER put 9-10 people in the box, it would be 6 so quick we wouldn't know what happened. I don't understand how they are so tough defensivley with so few mistakes. Really amazes me to tell ya the truth.

Emerson1
04-16-2008, 09:01 PM
Anyone have video of it? I didn't think they had 10 in the box, just 10 up near the line.

Matthew328
04-16-2008, 09:13 PM
They do a lot of different things out their famed 10-1 D which some Celina fans say is a myth...LOL it's not a 10-1 like you think...but they do a great job of disguising what they do

orange machine
04-16-2008, 09:13 PM
Coach Ford Celina head coach states the idea is simple: The defense lines up in gaps and plays man-to-man cover. "There's no great secret to it," he says. "It's giving a player a simple assignment and turning him loose to go play. We don't put reins on them—we believe in being very, very aggressive."

trojan37
04-16-2008, 09:31 PM
This is actually a highlight video of D'anton Lynn, but if you go about 2 minutes into the video you'll see some shots of their defensive alignment. It takes about 7 seconds for the video to start.

Celina defense (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBc0MyGV7Uc)

bobcat1
04-17-2008, 05:01 AM
I can see how #1 would have not made a difference in the China Springs game with 2 shoulders.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I_DONT_CARE
04-17-2008, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
I can see how #1 would have not made a difference in the China Springs game with 2 shoulders.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
http://pixiestixkidspix.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/cookie-bite-web.jpg
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

kaorder1999
04-17-2008, 08:50 AM
it doesnt mean they put 10 in the box.

Spaceman_Spiff
04-17-2008, 10:18 AM
I personally don't think it's a 10-1, but I do think it's 11 kids playing their hind parts off every snap. If you pick up a first down against them, they just turn up the heat another notch. Good athletes that are very well coached are hard to beat.

kaorder1999
04-17-2008, 10:20 AM
what it looks like is a 4-3 with both outside lb'ers on the LOS and the DB's playing Cover 0...at least that is what it looked like to me!

jason
04-17-2008, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
what it looks like is a 4-3 with both outside lb'ers on the LOS and the DB's playing Cover 0...at least that is what it looked like to me! what do you know about defensive alignments though....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:fnypost:

gatordaze
04-17-2008, 10:31 AM
The key is gap control along the line with quick and low penetration. Defense rairly engages the o-line as they penetrate the gaps. 3A QB's are not typically good enough to evade the pressure (someone gets through) and complete the pass. 10-1 is just a formation that is used in appropriate situations and is very effective when mixed up with a typical 3-4 type defensive alignment.

10-1 would probably not work at all levels but works well in 3A

Txbroadcaster
04-17-2008, 10:32 AM
what it looks like is a 4-3 with both outside lb'ers on the LOS and the DB's playing Cover 0...at least that is what it looked like to me!

Or a 4-4

kaorder1999
04-17-2008, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Or a 4-4
but dont they just play with 1 in the middle?

gatordaze
04-17-2008, 10:39 AM
Or a 4-4

it is an odd man front with nose shading the center. can't be a 4-3 or 4-4. Looks more like a 3-5 with outside lb's walked up responsible for the D gap as well as contain

Txbroadcaster
04-17-2008, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by gatordaze
it is an odd man front with nose shading the center. can't be a 4-3 or 4-4. Looks more like a 3-5 with outside lb's walked up responsible for the D gap as well as contain

Yea 3-5 was my next one..But difference between 4-4 and 3-5 is basically does a OLB put a hand down to the ground or not

That IMO is one of the hard parts of blocking the Celina D, they show so much, but to the core it is basic football, but they confuse the heck out of the OL and their line calls

kaorder1999
04-17-2008, 10:42 AM
some even fronts have 1's and 3's. A 1 technique would be a nose shade...

gatordaze
04-17-2008, 10:50 AM
Yea 3-5 was my next one..But difference between 4-4 and 3-5 is basically does a OLB put a hand down to the ground or not

That IMO is one of the hard parts of blocking the Celina D, they show so much, but to the core it is basic football, but they confuse the heck out of the OL and their line calls

The OLB's look like stand up DE's. I have not seen them put a hand down.

The reason that I dont think it is ever an even front is that the ILB's penetrate the B gap when they come and their is a nose in one or the other A gaps. MLB seems to take the otehr A gap. Tackles have the C and OLB's the D. This is a gap control defense with everything accounted for.

Txbroadcaster
04-17-2008, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by gatordaze
The OLB's look like stand up DE's. I have not seen them put a hand down.

The reason that I dont think it is ever an even front is that the ILB's penetrate the B gap when they come and their is a nose in one or the other A gaps. MLB seems to take the otehr A gap. Tackles have the C and OLB's the D. This is a gap control defense with everything accounted for.

An AGRRESIVE Gap control...Some Gap Control D play read and react only..Celina fills the Gap and then some

kaorder1999
04-17-2008, 10:53 AM
i was under the impression that their tackles were B gap players and the Mike Backer played the A gaps but I dont know what made me think about that. Ive always heard Coach Ford talk about his B gappers hitting the guards in the shin....I just assumed they were tackles

gatordaze
04-17-2008, 11:29 AM
i was under the impression that their tackles were B gap players and the Mike Backer played the A gaps but I dont know what made me think about that. Ive always heard Coach Ford talk about his B gappers hitting the guards in the shin....I just assumed they were tackles

Maybe the tackles line up head up and pinch to the B gap.

BILLYFRED0000
04-17-2008, 05:29 PM
The thing is about the gap even against the spread. Puts a lot of pressure on our cover guys. As far as how it works against better competition 4a I think it still works. If your cover guys can redirect for even a second that throws the timing out the window and gives the boys a chance to hit the QB. Ya got to mix it up some.

orange machine
04-17-2008, 06:31 PM
I love the defense not only does it work very well, but when you are a qb and you see all of that orange in the box you must say to yourself get rid of the football fast.