04-16-2008, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
Who had the best Oline in 07

a logical answer to me would be Liberty Hill or Celina.:clap: :clap:

orange machine
04-16-2008, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
a logical answer to me would be Liberty Hill or Celina.:clap: :clap:

Just becaue they were the state champs doesnt mean they had the best Olines. There are other teams that had great Olines, but the backs were not all that great. Snyders Oline was big and very physical. I think Snyders Oline was probably the best Celina saw all year. The thing that Celina had going against them was the best defense in 3a.

yoemenkracker30
04-16-2008, 08:35 PM
i know you're looking for 07 but in 02 i'd definitely say that Jasper had the best o-line....
Jorrie Adams(A&M then Angelo State)
SirVincent Rogers(Houston)
and I think Red Bryant (A&M)

nobogey72
04-16-2008, 09:23 PM
Just becaue they were the state champs doesnt mean they had the best Olines. There are other teams that had great Olines, but the backs were not all that great. Snyders Oline was big and very physical. I think Snyders Oline was probably the best Celina saw all year. The thing that Celina had going against them was the best defense in 3a.

I agree 100%. But given the question, it's pretty hard to answer. As far as college interest and physical tools, it also would be hard to argue with Gilmer. And, I think you are right about Snyder. When the opponent knows you are going to run, and you can do it anyway, that's pretty impressive.

Centextrash
04-16-2008, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
I agree 100%. But given the question, it's pretty hard to answer. As far as college interest and physical tools, it also would be hard to argue with Gilmer. And, I think you are right about Snyder. When the opponent knows you are going to run, and you can do it anyway, that's pretty impressive.

Kinda like Liberty Hill?

Averaging over 430 yrd rushing a game? hard to argue against the '07 Panthers

pirate4state
04-16-2008, 09:31 PM
The thing that Celina had going against them was the best defense in 3a. :confused: huh?

BobcatBenny
04-16-2008, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:confused: huh?
Now you've gone and let p4s back into her natural environment.

Confusion. :D

orange machine
04-16-2008, 11:00 PM
Celina had a solid Oline, but i dont think it was the best they have ever had. Celina's Oline this year was good at fundamentals, but were not the most physical.

lakers
04-16-2008, 11:04 PM
Celina had a solid Oline, but i dont think it was the best they have ever had. Celina's Oline this year was good at fundamentals, but were not the most physical.

They were monsters in the trenches and yes I saw them play. By far the best O-line in my opinion.

Any time you can follow the big guys down after down and keep pounding out first downs you have one hell of a line

orange machine
04-17-2008, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by lakers
They were monsters in the trenches and yes I saw them play. By far the best O-line in my opinion.

Any time you can follow the big guys down after down and keep pounding out first downs you have one hell of a line

They were good, but not as dominating as we have been in the past.