PDA

View Full Version : Statewide Playoff Game History sorted by individual school

WOS87
04-16-2008, 06:53 PM
This is really an offshoot of my original, larger database which can be found near the bottom of the first page in the following thread:

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80559&

But when I used the original database to compile this one, I found it so useful I thought I'd post it on it's own...

What you have is an alphabetical listing of every school, and every playoff game ever played listed in chronological order. The file should open in any browser run on a Windows based machine as long as you have Excel or a program that can read Excel files.

There are 28,049 individual games listed and the final scores are only entered for 14,686 so far, but that number is increasing daily and I should soon have every final score included. I can say that all Playoff game scores for all classifications back to 1996 are complete and ALL Largest Classification Playoff Games back to the very beginning in 1920 are complete.

I still have to proofread it because the way it was sorted, if there is even one letter misspelled in a name of a school it will count that school as a completely separate school and will not include it in the overall tally of that school. I fully expect there to be errors but they are easily fixed if pointed out. One problem I know about already is how the program reads "TIE" games. It essentially duplicates them and has each team as the winner once and the loser once. I will have to go in and manually take out the duplicates.

Click Here ---->Complete Chronologic 11-man UIL Football Playoff History by Individual Program (http://idisk.mac.com/cboehme69-Public/playoffs/chronologicplayoff.xls)

Each row represents one individual game played. The columns are mostly self-explanatory but just to make sure what everything is each of the columns from left to right is:

Year - The year that particular game was played
Class - The Classification (B, 1A, 2A, 3A, 4A or 5A) in which the game was played
Div - For playoff games since 1990, this is which Playoff bracket the game was played (Division 1 or Division 2)
Rnd - Which round in the playoffs the game was played (1 = 1st round, 2 = 2nd round, etc.)
# - The number of individual playoff games the school in question has played up through that game counting in chronological order
Winner/Loser - whether the school in question was the winner or loser of the game in question
School - The school in question
Playoff round (not labelled) - the next column tells which round of the playoffs the game was (Bi-District, Area, etc.)
Winner/Loser (opponent) - whether the opponent was the winner or loser of the game
Opponent - The opponent in the game
PF - Points scored for the School in question
PA - Ponts scored against the school in question (or points scored by the Opponent)
Margin - Margin of victory or loss by the School in question

PHS Wildcats
04-16-2008, 08:04 PM
great job

Old Dog
04-16-2008, 09:48 PM
Mercy, I've rarely seen so much work in one spreadsheet ! Thanks for sharing with us!

g$$
04-17-2008, 12:31 AM
Great work as always. Thanks for compiling this extensive info.