PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else as tired of this guy as me?

Maroon87
04-16-2008, 04:23 PM
Cincinnati has had to endure a plethora of issues over the last two years. But this may be the Bengals' biggest problem yet.

Three-time All-Pro wide receiver Chad Johnson, who has been selected to the Pro Bowl the last five seasons, wants out of Cincinnati and will not report to any Bengals team functions.

"I want to be traded before the draft," Johnson told ESPN.com's John Clayton. "And if that doesn't happen, I want to be traded as soon as possible. I don't intend on reporting to anything.''

Johnson's comments come on the heels of Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer saying that Johnson indicated he would be at Cincy's mandatory minicamp in June, Clayton reported.

"I want to make this very clear,'' Johnson told Clayton on Wednesday. "I don't know where he got that. I made no assertion to Carson that I would do that. Nothing has changed from what I've been saying for three months that I don't want to play for the Bengals."

In regard to Palmer, Johnson said, "I wish he would stay out of my business."

The Bengals have up until now indicated that they have no plans to trade Johnson. The team has not yet commented on Johnson's latest remarks.

crzyjournalist03
04-16-2008, 04:25 PM
I couldn't stand him for his first few years, then he grew on me.

Now, I don't know what to think...there have been rumblings out of Cincy for about a year now that the coaches and some of his teammates wanted him gone, long before he first spoke of being traded.

g$$
04-16-2008, 04:27 PM
Just trying to force a trade...but act is growing old, agreed.

Sweetwater Red
04-16-2008, 04:27 PM
My question is why is it always the WR with loads of talent. Why
do you never here about a Pro Bowl guard or a Full back with
this kind of attitude.:confused:

BobcatBenny
04-16-2008, 04:32 PM
So, are you telling me that this guy is going to be playing for the Cowboys this next season? :D

crzyjournalist03
04-16-2008, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
My question is why is it always the WR with loads of talent. Why
do you never here about a Pro Bowl guard or a Full back with
this kind of attitude.:confused:

My guess is that WRs have probably the most amount of variables going into their play. If the line sucks, the QB doesn't have time to get them the ball. If the QB sucks, he can't get them the ball. If the other WRs suck, they're getting double-teamed.

Fullbacks, guards, and RBs get the ball regardless of most of those variables. They're getting their touches, so they feel responsible or like they're contributing. Wide outs can run perfect routes, and if they don't get the ball, they feel like they're not.

crzyjournalist03
04-16-2008, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
So, are you telling me that this guy is going to be playing for the Cowboys this next season? :D

I've heard rumors for months about a potential trade of pick #28 for Johnson straight up. In fact, I think there was an interview he did somewhere recently where he talked about wanting to play with T.O.

Maroon87
04-16-2008, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I've heard rumors for months about a potential trade of pick #28 for Johnson straight up. In fact, I think there was an interview he did somewhere recently where he talked about wanting to play with T.O.

Ocho Cinco, T.O., and Pacman?!?!?! Talk about the Island of Misfit Toys...:doh:

Sweetwater Red
04-16-2008, 04:38 PM
My guess is that WRs have probably the most amount of variables going into their play. If the line sucks, the QB doesn't have time to get them the ball. If the QB sucks, he can't get them the ball. If the other WRs suck, they're getting double-teamed.

Fullbacks, guards, and RBs get the ball regardless of most of those variables. They're getting their touches, so they feel responsible or like they're contributing. Wide outs can run perfect routes, and if they don't get the ball, they feel like they're not.

Very good points. Kind of like when a WR is wide open and the
QB doesn't see him. After the play the WR will show up the QB
in some way so that everyone watching knows it was the QB's
fault not theirs.

Sweetwater Red
04-16-2008, 04:39 PM

Truthfully I hope the Cowboys do get Johnson. That will end all the
Roy Williams to Dallas talk.:D

crzyjournalist03
04-16-2008, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87

well, let's all remember that the misfits helped take down the abominable snowman.

g$$
04-16-2008, 04:44 PM

And so appropriate for JJ & the Boys. Lots of talent & lots of headaches too. And not enough footballs to go around.

Maroon87
04-16-2008, 05:05 PM
well, let's all remember that the misfits helped take down the abominable snowman.

True. The abominable snowman was a stud. That was no small feat.;)

jlg043
04-16-2008, 05:56 PM
FB's and Lineman do all the hard work and are humble in the first place... they have had to deal w/ it they're whole life... a running back gets the ball and takes it to the house and everyone notices what the running back just did but if it wasn't for those lineman and fullbacks picking up those blocks that play would have never happened... so they are use to being overlooked but they still get in there and make plays happen... so those guys arent going to be very vocal they just want to play some ball and knock some heads ya know! i mean thats just what i think

zebrablue2
04-16-2008, 06:07 PM

:ditto:--- LOL

pirate4state
04-16-2008, 06:37 PM
well, let's all remember that the misfits helped take down the abominable snowman. :fnypost: :iagree:

PPHSfan
04-16-2008, 06:40 PM
I thought this was gonna be a thread about Fotbol

STANG RED
04-16-2008, 06:41 PM

Yea but I dont remember them winning any playoff games either.:(