PDA

View Full Version : Your Best Play

kepdawg
04-16-2008, 02:30 PM
I have to credit Gobbla for this idea.

I'm sure you all have one or two special plays you'll remember your whole life.

What was your best play on the football field?

crzyjournalist03
two midgets and a hooker

PPHSfan
I had an unassisted triple play in baseball. Does that count?

crzyjournalist03
04-16-2008, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
I had an unassisted triple play in baseball. Does that count?

was it on one of those combo fields?

PPHSfan
04-16-2008, 02:32 PM
YES!!:D

Sweetwater Red
04-16-2008, 02:33 PM
Mine would be the time I almost made a tackle on a kick off.:D

jason
04-16-2008, 02:36 PM
the time i caught a 'hot' route pass and turned around and got leveled and fumbled - they never threw to me the rest of the year....

the worst part was, it was against kemp....

PPHSfan
04-16-2008, 02:38 PM
My best play CLOSE to the football field was with Brian Bosworth's girlfriend behind the snack bar.

STANG RED
04-16-2008, 02:39 PM
As a catcher, I made a diving catch into the visitors dug out to end the game, which we won by one run. 30 years later I still have the scares on my elbows, but it was worth it.

LH Panther Mom
04-16-2008, 02:49 PM
Maybe not the "best", but one of my favorites my son had this past season was his block in the Gilmer game that not only took out the LB, but also the ref...who did a backwards somersault. :)

coach
04-16-2008, 02:53 PM
today on mvp baseball my created player robbed a homerun from arod...does that count?

crzyjournalist03
04-16-2008, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by coach
today on mvp baseball my created player robbed a homerun from arod...does that count?

not unless you did it in Miami or Oakland.

Maroon87
04-16-2008, 02:55 PM
Not just one play but I remember a game vs. Rockport-Fulton where I must've pancaked the MLB no less than 20 times.

The best part about that is that he was running his mouth before the game about how he was gonna be in my face all night. What a doofus...:doh:

DU_stud04
04-16-2008, 03:01 PM
i caught a perfect game. i threw 7 runners out at 2nd base in one game. broke a guys no hitter in the 6th inning...... i dove for 4 balls one game playing 1st and didnt get one of them.... defiantly has to be my best sports moment ever. hahaha

c-town_balla
04-16-2008, 03:04 PM
I pancaked Andrew Wolridge....rivals 4* and A&M signie
or
When I hit a CB from Fredriskburg and he fell got up screamed and then colapsed and layed on the field for about 10 mins

kaorder1999
04-16-2008, 03:06 PM
I was sick all day one game day and on our first series on offense I broke loose for a 92 yard td run and went to the sidelines and threw up for like 10 mins and didnt get to play anymore.

jason
04-16-2008, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
I was sick all day one game day and on our first series on offense I broke loose for a 92 yard td run and went to the sidelines and threw up for like 10 mins and didnt get to play anymore. you outran the other team? who was it, eustace???

FutureAD
04-16-2008, 03:12 PM
i caught a 2 yard slice route pass on inglesides 45 broke a tackle and turned it into a ,diving hitting the pylon just getting missed my joel johnsons out reached arm touchdown at the end of the half, and we had the momentum going into the next half and won the game...

also my first game i got to start my sophomore year i returned a 82 yard kickoff for a touchdown and i had the flu that game...

kaorder1999
04-16-2008, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by jason
you outran the other team? who was it, eustace???

you forget I was fast(er) in HS!!

kaorder1999
04-16-2008, 03:15 PM
in fact...i think i have it on tape somewhere. Of course it was JV football...i never ran the ball on the Varsity level....just played D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-16-2008, 03:28 PM
When I scored a TD and the 2pt. conversion against Smithville back-to-back. They were the only two times I was ever thrown the ball my Varsity career and I scored on both of them.

BreckTxLonghorn
04-16-2008, 03:30 PM
1) First game of my senior year against Ballinger I ran down on a kickoff and blew up the end guy on the wedge so hard he flew backwards and knocked the ball carrier down.

2) On a game we had to win to even have a chance at playoffs, we were down 14 at half. They had the ball to start and their running back countered to my side on the first play from scrimmage. I hit him decent, but punched the ball out on the wrap-up. We recovered and ended up outscoring them by 20 in the half to win the game by 6....had to win by 14 to guarantee playoffs though. Kinda bittersweet now thinking about it.

trojan37
04-16-2008, 03:40 PM
In a scrimmage against Fairfield, I was to get the ball on a handoff to the right side. I had a bad habit about looking where I was going to run the ball before the play. Anyway, I look in that direction and there stands Winfred Tubbs, future LB for the University of Texas. I get the handoff, and it seemed like the O line parted ways and let him right through. I'm thinking to myself, this is the end. He literally picks me up and slams me into the ground. I look up and have a circle of players and coaches around me, barking like dogs! One of our assistant coaches comes up to me and says, " How many fingers am I holding up?" I simply replied, "I don't care how many fingers you're holding up, take me out!" :D

yoemenkracker30
04-16-2008, 07:37 PM
ummm lets see....

Senior year of football:
1. @ Caldwell I blocked a punt to give us the momentum back and we beat em 41-17

2. vs. Rice Consolidated had 3 fumble recoveries

3. vs. La Grange was initial hit to stop 3 different 4th down attempts

nobogey72
04-16-2008, 07:49 PM
My best play on the football field would have to be the time I snuck Betty Jo Ledbetter into Shotwell stadium at about 3:00 in the morning and then, well n/m it's off topic. But it was a dang good play!:D

PHS Wildcats
04-16-2008, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
My best play on the football field would have to be the time I snuck Betty Jo Ledbetter into Shotwell stadium at about 3:00 in the morning and then, well n/m it's off topic. But it was a dang good play!:D
:clap:

Mine was:
1. A WR screen against Whitehouse 87yds for TD
2. 3 TD in a game against Athens that will forever be the highest scoring game that ended in a tie 41-41.
3. 2 TD in a game against Henderson

IHStangFan
04-16-2008, 08:25 PM
My best "play" was well after high school in the US Army.....(I was a late bloomer and was not nearly as fast or strong at 18 as I was at 21 yrs old) While timing the 40 yd at Fort Bragg I ran a 4.52....twice in a row. I also managed 28 pull ups, 112 push ups in 2 mins, 97 sit ups in 2 mins, a 12:00 min 2 mile, and a 2 hour 17 min. 15K ruck march w/ 70 lbs on my back in full battle rattle w/ a rifle.

I know...I was a STUD! :D

AH those were the days.....10 yrs ago and 30 lbs ago, LOL.

tigerpride_08
04-16-2008, 08:32 PM
mine happened this year against Stafford...picked off a pass, took it 77 yards and flipped into the endzone, also a local pee wee team was there and i ran and jumped in the stand to them...in the end i recieved 2 unsportsmanlike conducts and got ejected... our team had to kick from the 10 yard line :D

Fal44
04-16-2008, 08:37 PM
umm ill always remember... When I caught a ten yard pass and carried two guys on my back for another ten yards against orange grove...

Tin Cup
04-16-2008, 09:38 PM
i played golf with a guy one time who made 16 pars and shot 79!!!...it was hard to watch

as far as my best day...i once hit all 18 greens and shot a lousy 67...the score wasnt my best but hitting all 18 greens is a record i will never break LOL

48minutes
04-16-2008, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
i played golf with a guy one time who made 16 pars and shot 79!!!...it was hard to watch

as far as my best day...i once hit all 18 greens and shot a lousy 67...the score wasnt my best but hitting all 18 greens is a record i will never break LOL

you were playing mini putt obviously, where you start on the green? haha 67 putts is horribe.

jokin

buff4life
04-16-2008, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
I pancaked Andrew Wolridge....rivals 4* and A&M signie
or
When I hit a CB from Fredriskburg and he fell got up screamed and then colapsed and layed on the field for about 10 mins

was that your amazing "ACL tearing skills" all the giddings kids heard about a couple of years ago?

48minutes
04-16-2008, 09:52 PM
my favorite play in highschool would have to be on the basketball court actually, sophmore year I was throwing the ball in at the end of the half from the opposite end of the court. (after a made basket) I was trying to get it to a guy down court and I made it. It was awesome..

FutureAD
04-16-2008, 09:55 PM
o another play ill always remember is when we were playing beeville and we were losing and we had to punt well the call was to punt the ball well our punter who was also our quarterback asks everyone in the huddle if we should go for it on a fake...and the fake was to me and i said no we should punt it well he didnt listen he called the direct snap play to me and i had to push forward as hard as i could for two yards and got the first down by about 2 inches...when i got to the sideline guess who go the ass chewing ya me...but we ended up winning that game...

buff4life
04-16-2008, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by 48minutes
my favorite play in highschool would have to be on the basketball court actually, sophmore year I was throwing the ball in at the end of the half from the opposite end of the court. (after a made basket) I was trying to get it to a guy down court and I made it. It was awesome..

right...i could think of a couple better plays for you

piratebg
04-16-2008, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by FutureAD
o another play ill always remember is when we were playing beeville and we were losing and we had to punt well the call was to punt the ball well our punter who was also our quarterback asks everyone in the huddle if we should go for it on a fake...and the fake was to me and i said no we should punt it well he didnt listen he called the direct snap play to me and i had to push forward as hard as i could for two yards and got the first down by about 2 inches...when i got to the sideline guess who go the ass chewing ya me...but we ended up winning that game...

Goetzel?

FutureAD
04-16-2008, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
Goetzel?

yup...

48minutes
04-16-2008, 09:58 PM
????

LH Panther Mom
04-16-2008, 09:59 PM
You suck! I had a best play on the court I was going to share, but you beat it. :taunt:

48minutes
04-16-2008, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
You suck! I had a best play on the court I was going to share, but you beat it. :taunt:

Share it anyways :)

LH Panther Mom
04-16-2008, 10:05 PM
Share it anyways :)
It's not as good as yours, but.....

7th grade year, first basketball game - I think we were playing Bledsoe. :confused: I actually got in with :52 left, when the ball was on the other end. :02 left, the ball was passed across court to me in the circle, so I shot as hard as I could and made it.

Yours is still better. :p

48minutes
04-16-2008, 10:07 PM
atleast yours counted. lol

michaelp23
04-16-2008, 10:07 PM
Year:1996
Place: Snyder, TX.
Score: Wylie 35 Snyder 7

Snyder used to play us on their homecoming because they were a big bad 4A and we were puny 3A. I sent their quarterback to the hospital with a concussion after I sacked him. That was the second time in a row we beat them. They don't play us on homecoming anymore.:D ;)

rockdale80
04-16-2008, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
When I scored a TD and the 2pt. conversion against Smithville back-to-back. They were the only two times I was ever thrown the ball my Varsity career and I scored on both of them.

The only game I didnt make.:( :(

yoemenkracker30
04-16-2008, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
was that your amazing "ACL tearing skills" all the giddings kids heard about a couple of years ago?

no i think that was against grace prep 2 years ago