PDA

View Full Version : Tough Predistrict Schedule, Who Has The Most Chanenging In reg 1?

Ram
06-18-2002, 02:35 PM
Im looking to see if there is a team in region 1 or others that has a more challenging preseason than http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/eek.gif SNYDER http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/eek.gif this year. Here is thier schelule.

1) Friendship 4A ( Ranked #3 in state, semifinals in 2001 )

2) Wylie 3A (11th Ranked 3A team, Play-offs in 2001 )

3) Midland Greenwood 3A ( 9-1 in 2001 +playoffs . picked to win their district)

4) Fort Stockton 3A (Play-off team in 2001 picked second in their district)

5) Leveland 4A

District opener with Sweetwater http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/biggrin.gif played in http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/eek.gif SNYDER http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/eek.gif

who do you think has a tough 2002 preseason schedule and why?

[This message has been edited by Ram (edited June 18, 2002).]

vet93
06-18-2002, 05:04 PM
Abilene Wylie usually has a tough predistrict schedule. They play you guys, Sweetwater, Lakeview, Graham and somebody else. Also Sweetwater has a tough schedule.

Matthew328
06-18-2002, 05:47 PM
I duno but Everman's schedule is pretty tough....

Crowley: 10-2 4A team.....ranked in DCTF pre-season 4A Top 25

Lawton, Oklahoma Eisenhower: Top 10 Oklahoma 6A school....

FW Eastern Hills: 4A playoff team last year..

then they open district with Kennedale! Of course if you ask me no one has tougher non-district schedule than Atlanta..and how bout the marbles by Marlin's coaching staff scheduling Ennis!

VWG
06-19-2002, 03:10 PM
Graham plays Sweetwater, Wichita Falls Hirschi (4A), Abilene Wylie, and Fort Worth South Hills (4A).
Pretty challenging, but I agree that Snyder has a very tough schedule. Everman... well I don't think that Eastern Hills is that tough of a 4A school, but Lawton Ike will definitely be a test.

LeopardPride
06-19-2002, 03:53 PM
Liberty Eylau region 2
Warren Central Vicksburg Miss----5a same as 4a in Texas -State Contender in Miss

Arkansas High Texarkana Ark School----5a same as 4a in Texas also a State contender in Arkansas.

Carthage--move from 4a to 3a this year.DCTP has them ranked # 10

Texas High in Texarkana Tex----4a school
8-3 2001 playoff team Should make it into top 10 in 4a

Ram
06-19-2002, 05:30 PM
I don't think Everman's pre-district openers are that tough. I think they could have picked up some tougher opponents than that. I feel like the Oklahoma school is more of a tough game on paper than in reality. Equivalent to (MAYBE) a top 25 4A school. Crowly is a tough one but thats it as far as I can tell. Not a scedule a #1 ranked team and returning state champ gets . Gram does have a tough schedule. Sweetwater and wylie are good . Sweetwater is a little overated in being in the top 25 but not much. they are reloading bigtime in the O line area.

evebulldog01
06-19-2002, 06:00 PM
Hey for those of you dissing Evermans predistrict schedule I should inform you that there was not a single 3A school that wanted to play us in preseason we had to scrounge around just to find three predistrict games. As for Easternhills not being that tough I wouldn't say that they beat us two years ago and then had to forfit that game because of an inelgible player and they played us very tough again this past year we only won thanks to a punt return for a touchdown. Sounds tome that you guys don't know what you are talking about. We tried to schedule stephenville but their coach claimed they didn't want to play us and ennis claimed it would hurt there rankings to much to play us. Guesss they figured we would beat them. You know it says a lot a bout a team when you have to schedule out of state schools just to make sure you can play ten games in the season. Not because your that bad but because your that good.

SintonFan_inAustin
06-19-2002, 06:40 PM
Sinton Pirates want to play ya'll on last game of the year. Ya'll i can see how some 4a teams might not want to play a 3a team espically if they might get whipped. hope both teams meet again. good luck everman and see u at the state title game.

sm51
06-26-2002, 11:33 AM
sweetwater has a pretty tough predistric schedule they play grham,vernon,andrews,wylie, and greenwood, then we open distric w/ snyder there so its not an easy road

Ranger Mom
06-26-2002, 01:50 PM
I know Greenwood's pre-season should be a lot tougher than their regular season. I am not sure who they play though, I think I remember Snyder, Sweetwater, and maybe Andrews. Anyone else on here from Greenwood that might know?? My boys are too young to play at the Varsity level, and I haven't seen a definite schedule!!

Matthew328
06-26-2002, 09:46 PM
Ram you gotta remember something...top 3A schools have close to an impossible time finding teams to play them in non-district...no 3A schools would even touch Everman in non-district...either they had their schedules set already or they just didn't want to play..and 4A's won't play 3A's because if they lose it looks bad...and Everman blew a couple of 4A's out last year and that looks even worse...that being said Everman does have a tough schedule....Crowley was 10-2 last year in 4A and beat Stephenville, Brownwood and Burleson...yeah they lost some to graduation but they'll be tough...FW Eastern Hills is a decent 4A that makes the playoffs about every year..and Lawton Ike is a good 6A Oklahoma school ranked in their top 10 every year...I'd say they are a lil better than a Top 25 4A maybe Top 15...but if Everman was in a 6 team district they wouldn't have 10 games because no one wanted to play them...they would maybe have 8 or 9..

wildstangs
06-27-2002, 01:27 AM
Sweetwaters is very tough.

spiderman
06-27-2002, 11:20 AM
Wylie also plays Aledo in the preseason.