PDA

View Full Version : Carter 88-89

Gsquared
04-16-2008, 09:19 AM
anybody know how many D1 signees that team had?

trojan37
04-16-2008, 09:28 AM
The only person I remember from that team was Jesse Armstead, an absolute beast. I think a lot of the others got in trouble....for something.....:thinking:

injuredinmelee
04-16-2008, 09:35 AM
were several of those guys pulling convenience store robberies?

PPHSfan
04-16-2008, 09:36 AM
I remember most of the team walking around the Red Bird Mall wearing their uniform shirts and Bling Bling all season long.

kaorder1999
04-16-2008, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
were several of those guys pulling convenience store robberies?
i think they were robbing cleaners....

trojan37
04-16-2008, 10:17 AM
I read on another forum where one of the Carter players did an interview from a hottub when he announced he was signing to play with Tennessee. It never happened I believe, as he was one of the individuals arrested in connection with the armed robberies.

NastySlot
04-16-2008, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by trojan37
I read on another forum where one of the Carter players did an interview from a hottub when he announced he was signing to play with Tennessee. It never happened I believe, as he was one of the individuals arrested in connection with the armed robberies.

That was Derrick Evans....a very good DB.....signed with Tennessee.........they had a few LaSai Maston was another on the defense I remember.....he went on to play at Baylor...think a rec...went to Houston and the QB I believe was Robert Hall played at Tech...might be wrong on the that one.................that was one of the fastest defenses I had ever seen..........................Evans and a guy named Williams were the ring leaders of that group robbing the cleaners and video stores......I believe they might have been the only football players convicted with connections with the the hold ups....may have been the only involved.

WOS87
04-16-2008, 11:41 AM
Most Division 1-A Recruits from the 1989 Graduating class in Texas:

Dallas Carter - 7
Jesse Armstead (Miami), Derric Evans (Tennessee), Le'Shai Maston (Baylor), Greg Hill (SMU), Gary Edwards (Houston), Marcus Grant (Houston) and one other.

They had 14 players total to actually sign with colleges.

Garland Lakeview - 5

Ft Bend Clements, La Marque, Ft Bend Willowridge, Arlington and Houston Stratford - 4 each

Gsquared
04-17-2008, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by WOS87
Most Division 1-A Recruits from the 1989 Graduating class in Texas:

Dallas Carter - 7
Jesse Armstead (Miami), Derric Evans (Tennessee), Le'Shai Maston (Baylor), Greg Hill (SMU), Gary Edwards (Houston), Marcus Grant (Houston) and one other.

They had 14 players total to actually sign with colleges.

Garland Lakeview - 5

Ft Bend Clements, La Marque, Ft Bend Willowridge, Arlington and Houston Stratford - 4 each
Thanks WOS. I remember that Lakeview team being pretty salty, though, I dont think they went very deep in the playoffs that year

Txbroadcaster
04-17-2008, 07:49 AM
The Other Carter Cowboy from that year was Robert Hall the QB who went to Tech

NastySlot
04-17-2008, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Thanks WOS. I remember that Lakeview team being pretty salty, though, I dont think they went very deep in the playoffs that year

maybe the third round????? lost to Marshall in Waco....know they beat Plano in first round....but can't remember first round...........Carter beat Marshall the next week.........with a last second td pass to Jessie Armstead...who was playing TE....the only time he lined up their that season.

Roosevelt....Lakeview beat them in the first round.

Txbroadcaster
04-17-2008, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
maybe the third round????? lost to Marshall in Waco....know they beat Plano in first round....but can't remember first round...........Carter beat Marshall the next week.........with a last second td pass to Jessie Armstead...who was playing TE....the only time he lined up their that season.

Roosevelt....Lakeview beat them in the first round.

Yep Marshall beat Lakeview, the Carter beat Marshall

another tidbit of the Carter game...Our (Marshall) LB Michael Todd was hurt in the Lakeview game, His replacement was who was on Armestead on the TD play...Todd was screaming from the sideline to watch out for Jesse