PDA

View Full Version : Bellville Brahmas 23aaa District Champs!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-15-2008, 10:47 PM
Bellville beats Giddings tonight to win the District Crown 11-4, Bellville is 8-0 with 2 games left, Caldwell and Navasota. Looks that Navasota beat Caldwell tonight 3-2. looks all the rest of the district will be fighting it out for 2nd and 3rd. Anyone have a Smithville vs La Grange score

Way to go Bellville 2 years in a row #1 Seed!!

Bull's-eye
04-15-2008, 10:54 PM
Give us some details about the game.

Brahma84
04-15-2008, 11:10 PM
Tallerine pitched tonight the bulls, moving to 4-0 in district. Big hitter for Bellville was SS, Gaffey. He had a solo home run in the 1st and a grand slam in the 5th. Bellville made the plays on defense and Giddings did not.

Bellville --2 1 1 0 7 0 0
Giddings -1 2 0 0 1 0 1

Bull's-eye
04-15-2008, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Brahma84
Tallerine pitched tonight the bulls, moving to 4-0 in district. Big hitter for Bellville was SS, Gaffey. He had a solo home run in the 1st and a grand slam in the 5th. Bellville made the plays on defense and Giddings did not.

Bellville --2 1 1 0 7 0 0
Giddings -1 2 0 0 1 0 1

Thanks Brahma84, posters like you make this board informative and worth reading.

State_In_08
04-15-2008, 11:30 PM
Congrats Bellville for being so consistent in a very inconsistent district.

Navasota - 3
Caldwell - 2
(8 innings)

I (Sechelski #27) pitched 5 innings, 4 innings with a no-hitter. Hadley came in to pitch the rest and did a great job holding Caldwell where they were. We didnt score any runs until the top of the 7th, when we tied it, then eventually pushed across go-ahead run in the top of the 8th. Hats off to Caldwell, they played hard but we just got some breaks in the late innings as the momentum shifted.

Bull19
04-15-2008, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Thanks Brahma84, posters like you make this board informative and worth reading.

:rolleyes: c'mon

Bull19
04-15-2008, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Brahma84
Bellville made the plays on defense and Giddings did not.

im pretty sure giddings can still make the playoffs though. somebody correct me if im wrong here.

I_DONT_CARE
04-15-2008, 11:40 PM
http://pixiestixkidspix.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/cookie-bite-web.jpg

rancher
04-16-2008, 06:52 AM
Looks like Tallerine had a rough night on the mound, thank goodness the bats came alive. Dont think Bellville will go far in the playoffs, the hitting is not there. This is a weak district.

zebrablue2
04-16-2008, 07:07 AM
congrats to the brahmas..

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-16-2008, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by State_In_08
Congrats Bellville for being so consistent in a very inconsistent district.

Navasota - 3
Caldwell - 2
(8 innings)

I (Sechelski #27) pitched 5 innings, 4 innings with a no-hitter. Hadley came in to pitch the rest and did a great job holding Caldwell where they were. We didnt score any runs until the top of the 7th, when we tied it, then eventually pushed across go-ahead run in the top of the 8th. Hats off to Caldwell, they played hard but we just got some breaks in the late innings as the momentum shifted.

Who pitched for Caldwell, the 92 plus pitcher or the one going pro?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-16-2008, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by rancher
Looks like Tallerine had a rough night on the mound, thank goodness the bats came alive. Dont think Bellville will go far in the playoffs, the hitting is not there. This is a weak district.

How many games have you seen? Bellville can hit the ball, and why do you say everyone is weak?

rancher
04-16-2008, 07:47 AM
I have seen several, only two district games, the district overall is very weak, look at what happens when Bellville plays the better level teams, the hitting is not there. I watched a double hitter at Sealy, and Bellville split with a team in 24 3a that will not make the playoffs. However, Bellville does have the edge by having one of the best coaches in the state.

trg
04-16-2008, 08:59 AM
Congratulations to the Bulls on their District Championship. Great game last night.

Good luck in your last 2 district games and carry it into the playoffs!!!!

We luv ya #5.

State_In_08
04-16-2008, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Who pitched for Caldwell, the 92 plus pitcher or the one going pro?

Neither. The 95-plus pitcher who is already pro. ;)

But seriously, Corey Ochs pitched for the Hornets.

Bulligator
04-16-2008, 09:35 AM
Can someone post the updated district standings?

Reds fan
04-16-2008, 09:45 AM
Congratulations to the Bulls!!

Good luck in the playoffs!

Buffgal
04-16-2008, 09:48 AM
Close game til walks/hit batter led to bases loaded and then credit to SS who hit the grand slam. I think it was late in the game 5th inning, hard for the Buffs to believe that they could overcome 7 run deficit. Pitcher Kmoch was throwing strikes and making the best of a bad situation but credit goes to the great hit.

Giddings defense was sloppy a couple of times. If these plays could have been executed, momentum change would probably have lifted Buffs heads. I know people have commented on the lack of Bellville offense, but last night, I was more impressed with Bellville bats than anything else. Never got to see much defense from them since Giddings were giving them pretty easy fly balls most of the time. Pitching was good enough to make the Buffs unproductive at the plate, so I guess that's all that really counts. I thought Tallerine lacked the control we saw in 1st game. I have no radar gun or have ever seen the numbers on any pitcher in this district but I would bet alot of $$$ that Hornets Eubanks throws harder & my opinion is he is the most improved pitcher in the district.

dock did a great job at the plate going 3 for 3, 1 HR. Also made a great relay to SS from CF, throwing out a runner @ 3rd. Good execution that time.

congrats Brahmas on your district championship.

Go Buffs, Bring the sticks, hammer out some runs, Beat Smithville Friday night.

nette_mom
04-16-2008, 09:59 AM
CONGRATULATIONS BRAHMAS!!!!
Good Luck in the playoffs!

Buffgal
04-16-2008, 10:00 AM
Navasota 3, Caldwell 2
and If La Grange Win over Smithville can be confirmed
THEN
Updated District 23 standings per 3abaseball:
Bellville 8-0
Caldwell 4-4
Giddings 4-4
La Grange 3-5
Smithville 3-5
Navasota 2-6

Friday games:
Giddings @ Smithville
La Grange @ Navasota
Bellville vs Caldwell (where?, discrepancy on location on 3abaseball)

Bull's-eye
04-16-2008, 10:25 AM
Caldwell @ Bellville

trg
04-16-2008, 11:03 AM
So any predictions for the way 23-3a is going to play out for 2nd & 3rd place. Am I right? Mathematically everyone but Navasota has a shot?

Bull's-eye
04-16-2008, 11:07 AM
If Smithville, LG & Bellville all win on friday, there would be 4 teams tied for second with a 4-5 record. :thinking:

Bull19
04-16-2008, 11:07 AM
If Smithville, LG & Bellville all win on friday, there would be 4 teams tied for second with a 4-5 record. :thinking: it would then go down to who beat who.

buffbaseball
04-16-2008, 12:49 PM
If Smithville, LG & Bellville all win on friday, there would be 4 teams tied for second with a 4-5 record. :thinking:

or if giddings, navasota and bellville all win, giddings has 2nd all to themselves:D

XMan
04-16-2008, 01:08 PM
Congrats to the Brahmas on the championship. The boys in red have played good solid, fundamentally sound, smart baseball to win all their games. The fact of the matter is, other than Bellville, the rest of the district is really bad. Im just hoping the lack of competition during district doesnt hurt the Brahmas down the line. The Cardinals from the City of Bridges loom not too far off! Also, all I had to do was mention the lack of home runs and Bellville hits a few. Guess I should have mentioned it earlier!

go Bulls

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-16-2008, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Buffgal
Navasota 3, Caldwell 2
and If La Grange Win over Smithville can be confirmed
THEN
Updated District 23 standings per 3abaseball:
Bellville 8-0
Caldwell 4-4
Giddings 4-4
La Grange 3-5
Smithville 3-5
Navasota 2-6

Friday games:
Giddings @ Smithville
La Grange @ Navasota
Bellville vs Caldwell (where?, discrepancy on location on 3abaseball)

Next weeks games.

Navasota @ Bellville
What are the rest?

Buffgal
04-16-2008, 01:18 PM
Caldwell @ Smithville
Giddings @ La Grange

buffbaseball
04-16-2008, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by XMan
Congrats to the Brahmas on the championship. The boys in red have played good solid, fundamentally sound, smart baseball to win all their games. The fact of the matter is, other than Bellville, the rest of the district is really bad. Im just hoping the lack of competition during district doesnt hurt the Brahmas down the line. The Cardinals from the City of Bridges loom not too far off! Also, all I had to do was mention the lack of home runs and Bellville hits a few. Guess I should have mentioned it earlier!

go Bulls

i think 4 home runs in the game, it really was a slugfest, especially for bellville shortstop...bellville really does not have a stud or a standout guy. they play as a team, and when the other team makes an error or walks a guy, they capitalize on it. i think thats what has led to their success, teamwork and capitalizing on other team's mistakes.

Bull19
04-16-2008, 01:19 PM
word from bellville is that friday against caldwell the bulls are gunna play all freshman.:eek:

KL3
04-16-2008, 01:25 PM
What grade is the Gaffey kid in? I don't think I've heard of him before this year.

Bull19
04-16-2008, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by KL3
What grade is the Gaffey kid in? I don't think I've heard of him before this year. soph? this was my first year hearing of him as well.

Bulligator
04-16-2008, 03:53 PM
Gaffey is a junior. He moved into the district last year and was on JV. Bellville starts two seniors, Luetge the DH, and Conley in right field.

It appears that Smithville could play the spoiler in the standings. They play both Caldwell and Giddings, and if they win both of them they would be in the playoff hunt. Am I right?

They lost to Caldwell 2 -1 and Giddings 12 - 3 the first round.

Smithville has beaten Navasota twice and LaGrange once.

Brahma84
04-16-2008, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by buffbaseball
bellville really does not have a stud or a standout guy. they play as a team, and when the other team makes an error or walks a guy, they capitalize on it. i think thats what has led to their success

The Bulls have really come together as a team. Most of the starters have played together for a while, through little league or summer ball. I agree that we do not really have a true standout player. We have had different players step each game on either offense or defense. Last night it was Gaffey. He is a junior that moved to Bellville last year and plays SS. This Bellville team has only two players in the same defensive position as they were last year, Mueller at 1B and Tallerine in CF. Defense has been suprisingly solid sofar for the Bulls. There were lots of question marks at the start of the season.

KL3
04-16-2008, 04:08 PM
Brahma84, what is the usual starting lineup and order for Bellville?

Bulligator
04-16-2008, 04:45 PM
Now that Bellville has wrapped up the top spot in district, will Coach Cerny rest Tallerine and Huebner? Mueller has only pitched in one or two games in District play, so it would seem logical that he would start against Caldwell Friday. This game and the Navasota game are both in Bellville. Tallerine has looked a little weaker the last two outings, while Huebner has looked very good. Tallerine has still pitched good games though. I think the District champ gets a bye week, but will probably scrimmage someone the off week. That would give the other pitchers on staff some work should they be needed during the playoffs.

Bulligator
04-16-2008, 04:56 PM
Brahma84, what is the usual starting lineup and order for Bellville?

I’ll fill in for 84; this is what it looks like when Tallerine pitches.

Grimell – 2nd
Gaffey – short
Tallerine – pitcher
Luetge – DH for Williams - center
Hacekmack – catcher
Huebner – 3rd
Mueller – 1st
Picket – left
Conley - right

Bull19
04-16-2008, 05:00 PM

go Bulls

bellville would not play bridge city until the regional quaterfinal round. the brahmas are gunna have a tough enough time getting out of the area round.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-16-2008, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
word from bellville is that friday against caldwell the bulls are gunna play all freshman.:eek:

Some 8th graders were brought up also to play.

zebrablue2
04-16-2008, 09:36 PM

go Bulls

:stirpot:

I_DONT_CARE
04-16-2008, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Some 8th graders were brought up also to play.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: