PDA

View Full Version : ---------Great Names-----------------------

nobogey72
04-15-2008, 09:41 PM
Having done 10 yrs of radio for HS football, my radio partner and I are always coming up with the opposing team's "best name". Then we would have a name of the year, and then we always have a standing name of all time. A few years ago either Llano or Early (can't remember which) had a big 'ol #44 that played FB-LB and played extremely hard named COOPER HOGG. He remained our all-time favorite name until Gainesvill's DARCELL McBATH (who ended up being a 2 or 3 yr starter at FS for Tech), with Decatur QB CHANDLER DANE running a close 2nd. But, 2 or 3 yrs ago all of them fell to IMO the coolest name ever in the history of sports......Graham's WR/DB-----PECOS McCOOL. With a name like that, he could have had hairy moles all over his face and still had every girl in Young County. Ranks right up there with Johnny Bravo.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :cool: :cool: :cool:

kepdawg
04-15-2008, 09:43 PM
I liked: Ty Kuhn

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-15-2008, 09:43 PM
We had a guy from Rockdale who currently plays at Missouri named Stryker Sulak. I thought that name was pretty cool.

nobogey72
04-15-2008, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
We had a guy from Rockdale who currently plays at Missouri named Stryker Sulak. I thought that name was pretty cool.

I remember seeing him play, and being new on this board, I thought he was you, BBDE, untill I figured out you were at A&M. That is a cool name Stryker Sulak. He would have made our list.

LH Panther Mom
04-15-2008, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
I liked: Ty Kuhn
I liked the name - hated hearing it on the PA all night! :D

IHStangFan
04-15-2008, 10:13 PM
I don't know the kid's first name, but Needville had a kid last year by the name of Krobot. He was my favorite player on the team just because of his name, LOL.

Ranger Mom
04-15-2008, 10:14 PM
I liked Ty Kuhn too!!

I think we had a thread kinda like this one once before, which is where I first heard that name!!

Found one!! (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=65896&highlight=kuhn)

IHStangFan
04-15-2008, 10:24 PM
I'd like to add.....

I ran across several good ones while in the Army. Let's see...

There was the dental officer in Korea...
Captain Colon....yes..seriously...

There was Private Sergeant, Sargeant Major....although..I never did run across an actual Major Woody.

There was Job Handcock in basic...yes..this one got lots of snickers and laughs....

And at Fort Bragg, NC...there was old Brigade Sergeant Major Jordan......as in Michael Jordan....SGM Jordan was his older brother.

coach
04-16-2008, 01:55 AM
rusty nail the coach at mart

RMAC
04-16-2008, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Having done 10 yrs of radio for HS football, my radio partner and I are always coming up with the opposing team's "best name". Then we would have a name of the year, and then we always have a standing name of all time. A few years ago either Llano or Early (can't remember which) had a big 'ol #44 that played FB-LB and played extremely hard named COOPER HOGG. He remained our all-time favorite name until Gainesvill's DARCELL McBATH (who ended up being a 2 or 3 yr starter at FS for Tech), with Decatur QB CHANDLER DANE running a close 2nd. But, 2 or 3 yrs ago all of them fell to IMO the coolest name ever in the history of sports......Graham's WR/DB-----PECOS McCOOL. With a name like that, he could have had hairy moles all over his face and still had every girl in Young County. Ranks right up there with Johnny Bravo.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Pecos was one of my first friends in Graham Nobogey. He's one the best and nices guys in the world. I moved there from Wylie after my 9th grade year and as much as he hated Wylie, he gave me a chance and now we're best friends. I want to name one of my kids after him if my wife will allow it. If you know Ad is my brother then you might remember me. I'm pretty sure I played on your fall-ball team one year, but I might be mistaken. I know for sure I played against you in majors though and while I don't remember the team name, I'm almost certain you guys were terquiose(sp) and purple.

nobogey72
04-16-2008, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by RMAC
Pecos was one of my first friends in Graham Nobogey. He's one the best and nices guys in the world. I moved there from Wylie after my 9th grade year and as much as he hated Wylie, he gave me a chance and now we're best friends. I want to name one of my kids after him if my wife will allow it. If you know Ad is my brother then you might remember me. I'm pretty sure I played on your fall-ball team one year, but I might be mistaken. I know for sure I played against you in majors though and while I don't remember the team name, I'm almost certain you guys were terquiose(sp) and purple.

UH OH, now you are going to tell your parents what an idiot I am, yeah I remember you and Adidas very well. We were Teal and Purple and were the "Outlaws". Tell Pecos that one year for Christmas I made up this fancy desert and my radio partner (Trace) really liked it and told me I ought to name it. So I named it Pecos McCool Blueberry Surprise. True story!::)

RMAC
04-16-2008, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
UH OH, now you are going to tell your parents what an idiot I am, yeah I remember you and Adidas very well. We were Teal and Purple and were the "Outlaws". Tell Pecos that one year for Christmas I made up this fancy desert and my radio partner (Trace) really liked it and told me I ought to name it. So I named it Pecos McCool Blueberry Surprise. True story!::)

I'll make sure and do that.:)

watz4dinner
04-16-2008, 07:43 AM
CHINA SPRING

DB/REC ---- Bric Walls

Sweetwater Red
04-16-2008, 08:07 AM
I thought it was prophetic of Skye Green's parents given his first name. :thinking: :D

Phantom Stang
04-16-2008, 08:20 AM
Back in the 70s, Graham's star running back was named "Rusty Spring".

Fotbol
04-16-2008, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I thought it was prophetic of Skye Green's parents given his first name. :thinking: :D
To Bad you didn't get to face Tank Smith RB from Marlin Country Boi!

pero chato
04-16-2008, 08:40 AM
A few years ago, Brady had a player named Rhett Baron.

injuredinmelee
04-16-2008, 09:00 AM
Breck had a kid a few years ago named Cash Langford. I love that name. But Ty Kuhn is still my favorite. I remember sittig in the bleahers at Burnet when they opened against Reagan the yrs , Jordan, and McGee were srs and my ex wife kept asking Are they saying Tycoon? That kids name is Tycoon? She was dumb like that.

espn1
04-16-2008, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by pero chato
A few years ago, Brady had a player named Rhett Baron. I remember playing against a kid from Brady named Ira Route he was their QB.

LH Panther Mom
04-16-2008, 09:12 AM
When I was in school, there was a player from Spur named Rooster Rainbolt.

trojan37
04-16-2008, 09:18 AM
There used to be a kid from Mart named Tarnish Pride, and John Henry from Lorena.

injuredinmelee
04-16-2008, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

Hey I know a Rooster Rainbolt.

injuredinmelee
04-16-2008, 09:48 AM
Nobogey hosted a golf tourney once that had a guy named Booger playing.

LH Panther Mom
04-16-2008, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Hey I know a Rooster Rainbolt.
Was his dad Pinky?

nobogey72
04-16-2008, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

I know Rooster! And I remember him telling me he was from Spur. Well I be dog gone!!! :)

Texasfootball2
04-16-2008, 10:23 AM
Wouldn't excatley call this a great name but I had a kid on my roll sheet several years ago who's name was Richard Head. I had to bite my tongue when I met his parents at open house. Come to find out his Dad's name was Richard also. I guess that would make him a second generation .......................well you know:thinking:

Even though it's funny, you gotta feel for someone with a name like that.

injuredinmelee
04-16-2008, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
Wouldn't excatley call this a great name but I had a kid on my roll sheet several years ago who's name was Richard Head. I had to bite my tongue when I met his parents at open house. Come to find out his Dad's name was Richard also. I guess that would make him a second generation .......................well you know:thinking:

some parents just dont get it.

CheerMom
04-16-2008, 10:33 AM
Weimar's new HC has two sons named Brixx and Lynx. Very different, indeed. Of course, my favorite is our own Ziggy Foster.

Buffgal
04-16-2008, 10:33 AM
Wish he had the 4.3 speed to go with his name........
Rush from the Giddings Buffaloes

Not as quick as his name sounds but pretty good all around athlete.
Name makes for a great sign for his Mom & sister to hold up @ games

FEEL THE RUSH

AP Panther Fan
04-16-2008, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2

There's a Richard Head here too...needless to say, he goes by Rich.

Ranger Mom
04-16-2008, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
some parents just dont get it.

That's kinda like "Dick Trickle"...I guess he choses to go by that name.

I remember 3 or 4 years ago reading about some people who named their little boy Drew Peacock.....it was a couple of months before someone pointed out what it sounded like when you said it really fast!

Poor kid!!

Gobbla2001
04-16-2008, 11:39 AM
I think Cuero's best would have to be Trooper Taylor... always thought that was a cool name...