District 29AAA

Baseball
Goliad 1
Cuero 13
game called in 6 innings Mark Herrera pitched for Cuero

Softball
Goliad 13
Cuero 13 -
going into the bottom of the 7th (Goliad batting)
Chelsea Hoffman started pitching for Cuero - Desi Poth now pitching..

pirate4state
04-15-2008, 11:17 PM
any update on the softball game?

Could you get me the district standings for softball?

44INAROW
04-15-2008, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
any update on the softball game?

Could you get me the district standings for softball?

Cuero lost in extra innings.. 15-14 (I think) :( before this game - Yoakum was in 1st
Cuero in 2nd
not sure what this does ........

pirate4state
04-15-2008, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Cuero lost in extra innings.. 15-14 (I think) :( before this game - Yoakum was in 1st
Cuero in 2nd
not sure what this does ........

bummer :( let me see if there are updated standings on 18handicap's sight...brb

from his site, standings thru 4/8

Yoakum 5-0
Cuero 3-3
Gonzales 3-2
Palacios 2-3
Goliad 0-5

44INAROW
04-15-2008, 11:23 PM
bummer :( let me see if there are updated standings on 18handicap's sight...brb
can you please change my score in your quote - I found the correct score thanks

also. you can get scores and records at the victoria advocate site.... not sure how updated it is

pirate4state
04-15-2008, 11:24 PM
can you please change my score in your quote - I found the correct score thanks sure and i edited my post with the standings...do you have the results from your games on 4/11??

44INAROW
04-15-2008, 11:26 PM
sure and i edited my post with the standings...do you have the results from your games on 4/11??
cuero won 11-0 (pretty sure on that one)

Yoakum beat Palacios tonight 15 to 0

pirate4state
04-15-2008, 11:33 PM
cuero won 11-0 (pretty sure on that one)

Yoakum beat Palacios tonight 15 to 0

Do you know who ya'll have left on your schedule?

Ray_BearKat
04-16-2008, 02:06 AM
Raymondville just wrapped up its 4th consecutive district title with a 3-0 win over Lyford...

Here is an article from the paper...

Raymondville earns fourth straight district title
Lady Kats down Lyford 3-0 to wrap up crown
By ARMANDO GARZA/Valley Morning Star

Apr 15, 2008 10:45 pm

LYFORD - Champions get clutch hits.
Champions get great pitching.
And champions play terrific defense.
In the case of the Raymondville Lady Kats, you can now call them four-time champions.
Behind another solid outing from pitcher Adrianna Barron and great defensive play, Ray-mondville clinched its fourth consecutive district title with a 3-0 win over Lyford Tuesday night at Lady Bulldog Field.
The win gives the Lady Kats their second straight District 31-3A crown after winning two straight (one shared with Lyford) in 32-3A and it also marks a sea-son sweep of their Willacy County rivals.
"I don't even know what to say," said Raymondville coach Pete Soria, who in his second season has won back-to-back titles. "I do have a very special group here. The 12-13 girls on the varsity are special in their own way. Everybody knows their role and what to do."
The Lady Kats (6-1 district, 16-8 overall) have one game remaining on the schedule, against San Diego, while Lyford (5-3, 15-10) is idle and will likely be the No. 3 seed behind No. 2 Falfurrias.
Soria said this year's champi-onship wasn't an easy one to win.
"For this title, things started off a little rocky with the loss to Fal," Soria said. "It came down to guts and these girls dug deep down. It could've hurt us, but in the end, it might have made us stronger."
Raymondville got started early on to give Barron a lead they never relinquished.
With one out in the first, Nora Torres reached on an error and Ashley Alfaro walked, setting up Monica Torres, whose single scored Nora Torres to make it 1-0 Lady Kats.
But the way Barron pitched and the way her defense played, that run was more than enough.
After allowing a single to Maria Lopez in the first, Barron gave up only one more hit, a single to Marlina Rivera in the third. In all, Barron allowed the two hits and struck out two on 78 pitches. Perhaps the most important statline of Barron's night: 12 fly ball outs.
"We played very solid defen-sively," Soria said. "In a ballgame of this caliber, it's phenomenal. They're all good ballplayers."
And when Lyford didn't pop up, they fell victim to great gems by Monica Torres and Deborah Barnhart.
"They did a good job of making the routine plays," Lyford coach Andy Peņa said of Raymondville. "We hit her (Barron) a little better this time, but they made some great plays."
Lyford displayed some solid defense of its own in the third when Diznee Orozco made one of the season's best plays, diving and snagging a foul ball along the fence near third base.
Raymondville's Ashley Alfaro then slammed a ground-rule double that could've turned into a run; however, the Lady Bulldogs turned a 6-3-5 double play to end the threat.
And Barron's counterpart, Ly-ford's Katrina Zamorano, wasn't too shabby herself. The phenom freshman scattered seven hits, walked three and struck out four, taking the loss.
Raymondville later added two insurance runs when Liz Alvarez singled and scored in the fifth, and Nicole Garcia's single be-came a run in the sixth to make it 3-0.
Also with the win, the Lady Kats will earn a bye in the bi-district round next week. As for the Lady Bulldogs, they will likely face Hidalgo in the bi-district round of the playoffs next weekend.
"We're in the playoffs, and we're gonna start working toward that," Peņa said.

District 31-3A
RAYMONDVILLE at LYFORD
RV 100 011 0 - 3
LY 000 000 0 - 0
WP: Adrianna Barron
LP: Katrina Zamorano
Leading hitters - Raymondville: Liz Alvarez 1-for-3, single, run; Ashley Alfaro 1-for-3, 2B; Monica Torres 1-for-3, Nicole Garcia 1-for-3, single, run; Brittany Flores 1-for-3; Isela Constante 1-for-3. Lyford: Maria Lopez 1-for-3, single; Marlina Rivera 1-for-2.
Note - Raymondville clinches the district title.
Records - Raymondville 6-1, 16-8. Lyford: 5-3, 15-10.

Ray_BearKat
04-16-2008, 02:08 AM
anyone know how 30-3A & 29-3A are shaping up since we'll be playing in the second round?

31-3A is:

W-Raymondville
R-Falfurrias
T-Lyford

Phil C
04-16-2008, 09:25 AM
Softball

Last night in District 30AAA it was Sinton 15 West Oso 0 in 3 innings. As reported Sinton has cinched the district.

In other 30AAA games according to the Corpus Christi Caller/Times it was Orange Grove 8 Aransas Pass 6. Aransas Pass was ahead 6 - 2 going into the last inning but Orange Grove scored six runs to go ahead and held on to win the game. The loss eliminates Aransas Pass from the playoffs.

Ingleside won over Mathis 10 - 0 in five innings.

The fight now is for second place between Ingleside and Orange Grove and they face each other this Friday. If Orange Grove wins they win second place outright with Ingleside third. If Ingleside wins they will both be tied for second and third and since they would have split their two games they would probably either play a tie breaker or a coin flip.

So in Summary it is Sinton W
Orange Grove and Ingleside fighting it out for R and T.

Phil C
04-16-2008, 09:27 AM
In District 30 AAA baseball Sinton is ahead 7 - 0 with three games to go. Mathis is second with a 6 - 1 record and Ingleside third with a 7 - 3 record. The big game is this Friday when Sinton plays in Mathis.

pirate4state
04-16-2008, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
In other 30AAA games according to the Corpus Christi Caller/Times it was Orange Grove 8 Aransas Pass 6. Aransas Pass was ahead 6 - 2 going into the last inning but Orange Grove scored six runs to go ahead and held on to win the game. The loss eliminates Aransas Pass from the playoffs.

:( That's a tough loss for AP. Congrats to OG for fighting back.

Good Luck Friday.

trojan37
04-16-2008, 09:29 AM
Baseball
Glen Rose 2
West 1

Softball
West 21
Glen Rose 2