PDA

View Full Version : Hardin-Jefferson 11-1 over Jasper

j_dog
04-15-2008, 09:31 PM
Hardin-Jefferson 11-1 over Jasper.

Jasper ten run ruled in six innings. a Shock to me!

Now Jasper's back is REALLY to the wall. Has to win last two games just to make playoffs. And with the way they played tonight, that is no sure thing.

No wonder it is so hard to repeat as state champion. Can't even count on getting out of the district. :mad:

kepdawg
04-15-2008, 09:37 PM
:doh:

j_dog
04-15-2008, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
:doh:
errors, errors, errors. :mad: And HJ played just about a perfect game. Jasper cannot beat a good team playing the way they played tonight.

But for Jasper, if they win their last two district games, they will still make the playoffs. Right now, I just hope they suck it up and get their act together.

Friday night will tell the tale against Silsbee at Jasper. Jasper whipped them 15-0 first time around. Don't expect such a cakewalk this time. Silsbee will be smelling Dog blood. :eek: :mad:

kepdawg
04-15-2008, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
errors, errors, errors. :mad: And HJ played just about a perfect game. Jasper cannot beat a good team playing the way they played tonight.

But for Jasper, if they win their last two district games, they will still make the playoffs. Right now, I just hope they suck it up and get their act together.

Friday night will tell the tale against Silsbee at Jasper. Jasper whipped them 15-0 first time around. Don't expect such a cakewalk this time. Silsbee will be smelling Dog blood. :eek: :mad:

I sure am glad they got that ring last year! It seemed like for years being in the same region with LCM and Nederland they never had a chance to even get out of the region!

j_dog
04-15-2008, 10:10 PM
I sure am glad they got that ring last year! It seemed like for years being in the same region with LCM and Nederland they never had a chance to even get out of the region!
Jasper is better than what they have shown these last few games. If they win these next two games and make the playoffs, they still should be competitive. It is too soon to write they off! :)

kepdawg
04-15-2008, 10:14 PM
Jasper is better than what they have shown these last few games. If they win these next two games and make the playoffs, they still should be competitive. It is too soon to write they off! :)

Yeah, there have been so many talented teams in various sports that never got it done though. Hopefully they win the next two and can make a run to defend the championship!

j_dog
04-15-2008, 10:23 PM
Yeah, there have been so many talented teams in various sports that never got it done though. Hopefully they win the next two and can make a run to defend the championship!
It was a wild finish in this district last year also. You know it is hard to remember now, but up to the last few games in district last year, Jasper did not have a playoff spot cinched. That is just how tough this district was, and is.

But yes, winning state is something so very special that you are lucky if it happens even once in your lifetime.

pirate4state
04-15-2008, 11:05 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Didn't expect this! Hopfully, ya'll can rebound and make a good run! Good Luck!

Ranger Mom
04-15-2008, 11:10 PM
OMG!! I just read a baseball thread.....ON PURPOSE!!!!:eek: :eek:

j_dog
04-16-2008, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Didn't expect this! Hopfully, ya'll can rebound and make a good run! Good Luck!
This just means the playoffs start a little early for Jasper. They still have about the same talent that won state last year. Talk about gut check time. Win the next two games, and they get to advance to the first round of the playoffs. Lose Friday night to Silsbee and it is probably all over for them this year.

pirate4state
04-16-2008, 09:25 AM
This just means the playoffs start a little early for Jasper. They still have about the same talent that won state last year. Talk about gut check time. Win the next two games, and they get to advance to the first round of the playoffs. Lose Friday night to Silsbee and it is probably all over for them this year.

That's just crazy! Good Luck Friday!!