PDA

View Full Version : Astros vs. Phillies (merged)

yoemenkracker30
04-15-2008, 08:47 PM
Anybody catch the end of the game? Ridiculous! Chacon pitches 8 innings of shutout ball then Valverde gives it all up in the 9th & the phils win on a double down the line 4-3.....pathetic

Buccaneer
04-15-2008, 08:51 PM
Shawn Chacon had a shutout through 8 innings. Valverde came on to close in the 9th. He gave up 2 homeruns. The winning run scored after he struck out but got on by a passed ball on Ausmus.

Final Phillies 4 Astros 3

SWMustang
04-15-2008, 09:08 PM
I've only seen him pitch twice this year and he wasn't all that impressive with either outing. Maybe closing games is harder than it looks. I saw Wags put the go ahead run on base plenty of times when he was here.

Necks_Fan
04-15-2008, 09:09 PM
He managed to get 1 out, count em 1 out. By far the most pathetic finish to a game yet. I feel really bad for Chacon because he pitched a hell of a game.

Valverde is going to have to change something if he hopes to stay around. Why does our bullpen always suck? Year after year, never changes.

I honestly can't believe we lost this game. Makes me sick.

zebrablue2
04-15-2008, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
He managed to get 1 run, count em 1 run. By far the most pathetic finish to a game yet. I feel really bad for Chacon because he pitched a hell of a game.

Valverde is going to have to change something if he hopes to stay around. Why does our bullpen always suck? Year after year, never changes.

I honestly can't believe we lost this game. Makes me sick.

Agreed-Agreed-Agreed-Agreed-Always does- And finally AGREED, makes me sick also...

Necks_Fan
04-15-2008, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
Agreed-Agreed-Agreed-Agreed-Always does- And finally AGREED, makes me sick also... Just for the record, I meant one out, not one run. Lol.

yoemenkracker30
04-15-2008, 09:53 PM
I'm startin to think no good closer can play in Houston since they moved from the dome.....Dotel, Lidge, now Valverde