PDA

View Full Version : Pacman won't apply for reinstatement to NFL until he's traded

kepdawg
04-15-2008, 02:34 PM
Pacman won't apply for reinstatement to NFL until he's traded

01:32 PM CDT on Tuesday, April 15, 2008

By CALVIN WATKINS / The Dallas Morning News
cwatkins@dallasnews.com

Pacman Jones said on the Michael Irvin radio show Tuesday that he would wait until he's traded before applying for reinstatement from his year-long suspension from the NFL.

Jones was expected to apply for reinstatement Tuesday.

Jones, a cornerback for the Tennessee Titans, has been suspended since last April for violations of the NFL conduct policy.

The Dallas Cowboys continue to be in trade talks with Titans.

"I'm hoping it will be done this week, but that's just agent talk," Jones said on the radio show of reports that his agents believe a deal can be completed. "We'll see how it goes and I'll be tuning in and I'm going back to my house and get in front of the TV and hope it will get done today."

The Cowboys increased their offer for Jones, according to a source, and Jones has made some financial concessions, including forgoing some incentive money due to him, to help facilitate a deal.

But things remain at a standstill.

"I just can't wait and hopefully it can get done," Jones said. "I'm anxiously waiting. I've been working out three days a week and I've slowed it down a little bit to give my body a rest, so I can make sure I'm not too wore out when camp and the season starts."

LINK (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/041608dnspocowboyspacman.6824e9a3.html)