PDA

View Full Version : On a serious note from Futbol...

Fotbol
04-15-2008, 01:45 PM
I'm at work most of the time when I'm typing, or reading this board. Back in 02' this board was really kool, I would get on this site at home, and parents house, and everywhere.
Now with these little Cliques, (if its mispell, don't worry about it)
You have this group, and that group that kicks people off, censor posts, and all for what, if a person doesn't agree, or goes against the grain, fine. Most of the time I look on here and say what happened to this board, it use to be a useful tool for info, meeting new friends, and enjoyable. I start a lot of controversy just to get a kick out of some of you posters, I litterally cry and some remarks. Truth of the Matter is I would love to meet each and everyone of you and just talk about anything. Lately I've been so busy at work, I can only keep up so much.
What's has happened to the Downlow?
Is it because we have too many Women mods?
Is it because we have to many whining posters?
Is it because we have Controversial posters like myself?
Is it that you can't speak your mind?
Is it that the cliques rule this board?
If you feel me, let me know give me your reason for what happend to the Downlow. I have tough skin, so if it's me let me know, but don't be afraid to say what has really happened
lets this board know, and let's try and fix it. One love, I'm out
Let me have it you Couch QB's....LMAO

c-town_balla
04-15-2008, 01:55 PM
why do you even post?
you add nothing to any type of disscussion we have on this board

Fotbol
04-15-2008, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
why do you even post?
you add nothing to any type of disscussion we have on this board You from Cameron, what do you know...LOL

pirate4state
04-15-2008, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Fotbol
Is it because we have too many Women mods? Some will answer yes. Pay attention to those that are answering "yes" and those will be the posters that everytime they step over the line have a ready made excuse as to why they did nothing WRONG & we are out to get them. GMAB! I can tell you that I've received numerous PMs from guys that tell us they'd have already ROM'd xyz poster and that we are too soft. So which is it? Are we too mean or too soft? You can't have it both ways!

vet93
04-15-2008, 02:19 PM
Fotbol...sometimes you post and it makes me mad, sometimes you make me think and wonder if I am only seeing things just from my little window of the world. Cliques are inevitable with a community that has been here for a while because like-minded people tend to gravitate toward and agree with each other. The close monitoring of the board comes in line with wanting to keep the board family friendly and non-controversial so that members are not unnecesarily run off. This may make for a more bland board, but it also makes for a more stable board. Think of it this way...if you add too much spice to your entrees at a restaurant, then you will please some and run off more. Instead, make your meals a little more bland so that more palettes are included. The secret to adding spice to the board is to know how to use your brain to discuss stimulating topics without getting yourself or others banned. Anyone can be a jerk and say off the wall things...but a real thinking person knows how to communicate without alienating others. This is a good board with lots of great people. It may not always be as friendly to some, but, if you treat people with respect and try not to be controversial just for the sake of being controversial...most people are going to give you a fair shake. Just my 2 cents (which is about what it is worth!)

jason
04-15-2008, 02:19 PM

you are not controversial, you just try and turn everything into a race issue, which is a controversial subject.....

pirate4state
04-15-2008, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by vet93
Fotbol...sometimes you post and it makes me mad, sometimes you make me think and wonder if I am only seeing things just from my little window of the world. Cliques are inevitable with a community that has been here for a while because like-minded people tend to gravitate toward and agree with each other. The close monitoring of the board comes in line with wanting to keep the board family friendly and non-controversial so that members are not unnecesarily run off. This may make for a more bland board, but it also makes for a more stable board. Think of it this way...if you add too much spice to your entrees at a restaurant, then you will please some and run off more. Instead, make your meals a little more bland so that more palettes are included. The secret to adding spice to the board is to know how to use your brain to discuss stimulating topics without getting yourself or others banned. Anyone can be a jerk and say off the wall things...but a real thinking person knows how to communicate without alienating others. This is a good board with lots of great people. It may not always be as friendly to some, but, if you treat people with respect and try not to be controversial just for the sake of being controversial...most people are going to give you a fair shake. Just my 2 cents (which is about what it is worth!)

:clap: Nicely done sir

and on a side note - sent the dog to the vet today and he gave us medicated shampoo & 2 different pills for him. took some blood and we should have results in 5 days as to whether there is something else going on. thanks again for your help.

Phil C
04-15-2008, 02:22 PM
OH WOE IS ME!!!

ALAS! ALAS! SURELY THERE WILL BE MORE HAPPIER DAYS THAN THIS!!

:(

Bull19
04-15-2008, 02:32 PM
I'm at work most of the time when I'm typing, or reading this board. Back in 02' this board was really kool, I would get on this site at home, and parents house, and everywhere.
Now with these little Cliques, (if its mispell, don't worry about it)
You have this group, and that group that kicks people off, censor posts, and all for what, if a person doesn't agree, or goes against the grain, fine. Most of the time I look on here and say what happened to this board, it use to be a useful tool for info, meeting new friends, and enjoyable. I start a lot of controversy just to get a kick out of some of you posters, I litterally cry and some remarks. Truth of the Matter is I would love to meet each and everyone of you and just talk about anything. Lately I've been so busy at work, I can only keep up so much.
What's has happened to the Downlow?
Is it because we have too many Women mods?
Is it because we have to many whining posters?
Is it that you can't speak your mind?
Is it that the cliques rule this board?
If you feel me, let me know give me your reason for what happend to the Downlow. I have tough skin, so if it's me let me know, but don't be afraid to say what has really happened
lets this board know, and let's try and fix it. One love, I'm out
Let me have it you Couch QB's....LMAO

i think everybody knows where i stand on this subject and why this board has turned south in recent years. its pretty obvious why it has gone down hill

LH Panther Mom
04-15-2008, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
i think everybody knows where i stand on this subject and why this board has turned south in recent years. its pretty obvious why it has gone down hill
It's easy enough to find a board that fits a person's wants/needs. :)

kaorder1999
04-15-2008, 02:35 PM
who is futbol? I know who fotbol is but who is futbol?

Bull19
04-15-2008, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
It's easy enough to find a board that fits a person's wants/needs. :)

you're right. i once knew of a place, but......

PPHSfan
04-15-2008, 02:38 PM
http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/7540/fotbolzx1.jpg

Fotbol
04-15-2008, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
who is futbol? I know who fotbol is but who is futbol? I spelled the name wright, just for you. Last week, you were tripping on my spelling, now you tripping again!

Fotbol
04-15-2008, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by jason
you are not controversial, you just try and turn everything into a race issue, which is a controversial subject.....
don't worry Jason, I can never take your title!, but What does Race have to do with anything, you will never know what it is to walk in my shoes.

Ranger Mom
04-15-2008, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Bull19

Since I don't think is has turned south, please PM me with your reasons.....it still isn't obvious to me!!

Ranger Mom
04-15-2008, 03:08 PM
but What does Race have to do with anything

Just remember that!!

Most of the time, on here anyway, it doesn't have ANYTHING to do with it until someone MAKES it have something to do with it!!

Fotbol
04-15-2008, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Just remember that!!

Most of the time, on here anyway, it doesn't have ANYTHING to do with it until someone MAKES it have something to do with it!! I know, but glad you'll all made my work day go by superfast, C U Guys.......and Gals for Jason's sake....LOL Tomorrow!:D

kaorder1999
04-15-2008, 03:43 PM
I spelled the name wright, just for you. Last week, you were tripping on my spelling, now you tripping again!

i believe that was Toro Chingon correcting your spelling! Not I!