PDA

View Full Version : If you were in charge of the UIL?

kepdawg
04-15-2008, 12:59 PM
If you were in charge of the UIL how would the classifications be set up? How would the playoffs be setup?

STANG RED
04-15-2008, 01:02 PM
I would add a 6A, but stay with the DI DII setup, but only have 2 from each district making the playoffs.

I_DONT_CARE
04-15-2008, 01:10 PM
IF I WERE IN CHARGE, ALL TEAMS WOULD MAKE THE PLAYOFFS AND THERE WOULD BE NO LOSERS BECAUSE ALL WOULD BE WINNERS. ALL GAMES WOULD END IN A TIE AND THE NEXT WEEK'S OPPONENT WOULD BE DETERMINED BY THE FLIP OF A COIN.

tigerpride_08
04-15-2008, 01:11 PM
keep it the way it is but add one final game with the D1 and D2 champions...

AP Panther Fan
04-15-2008, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08

I like that idea, then we wouldn't have to endure the BS about which one is the better team.....for months and months and months.

tigerpride_08
04-15-2008, 01:16 PM
i really wished all the championships (1A-5A) would take place at one site...i really like how i get to go watch the 5A games at San Antonio...

kepdawg
04-15-2008, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08

I understand what you are saying, but it just doesn't make sense! If you are going to play that game then you should just start with everyone in the same bracket and end up with one champion!

PPHSfan
04-15-2008, 02:07 PM
I would move to six classes. Do away with D1 D2. I would take the top 64 teams in the state regardless of district and seed them into a playoff bracket. Then I would make the underdog travel and play the higher seed at home, with the exception that if an underdog team won on the road, they would get to play at home the following week, unless both teams had done the same. Then I would play all six state championships at the same stadium over Saturday and Sunday. I would rotate the state game annually between, Dallas, Houston, Austin, and San Antonio. Nobody would want to go to El Paso to see a football game.:D

Brahma84
04-15-2008, 02:25 PM
I know you are talking football, but in baseball I would like for UIL to decide either best 2 of 3, or a one game playoff. Then it would not have to be decided on a flip. This can change an entire playoff series. Either way, just pick one, then you know going in what to expect.

pirate4state
04-15-2008, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Brahma84
I know you are talking football, but in baseball I would like for UIL to decide either best 2 of 3, or a one game playoff. Then it would not have to be decided on a flip. This can change an entire playoff series. Either way, just pick one, then you know going in what to expect. Not a bad idea. I'd also like to see a best 2 of 3 series for the championship game, like the CWS.