PDA

View Full Version : The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

LH Panther Mom
04-15-2008, 11:04 AM
AKA: The evolution of 3A Downlow (and a bunch of crap no one cares about) :p

Okay, so the "What is wrong with 3ADL" thread got me to doing some research. I am not so bored that I felt like I needed to go through every year, but maybe I should. :thinking: It was also a trip down memory lane for me, so if my estrogen :rolleyes: comes out, too bad. Don't say I didn't warn you!

*Estrogen moment* - It makes an estrogen-filled human proud and happy, in a bittersweet kind of way, to go back and read some of the early threads on here. Not that I need a reminder of how far our team has come since the beginning of the DL (post-bravenet {is that right?}), but it's kind of cool knowing that I have 2 sons that have been instrumental in this change. It literally cracked me up to read a post from an LH person in 2002 that said "slow, small, mean as hell". Seriously, our team hasn't changed all that much. We're still "slow, small & mean as hell" (comparatively speaking). :D Another LOL'ing post was something about "it makes you wonder just how good they would be if they still had the Southlake QB". All I can say to that is: Praise the Lord that we didn't! :)

***The Good*** (or is it?) - The first two years on here, there was ZERO, NADA, ZILCH one-upping from the UT/A&M "faithful". You know why? There were ZERO, NADA, ZILCH threads posted about them! No football, no basketball, no baseball, no "we own you in the Lone Star standings".....nothing. There were no NCAA discussions, no NBA, no NFL, no MLB. There were only a small handful of threads that were not devoted to 3A high school sports. Okay, so there were a couple of band threads during competition, but they were 3A bands. Now, the flip side...

***The Bad*** (or is it?) - Like I said, the first two years were threads about 3A sports. No, I did not actually make a physical count, just estimated based on # pages & threads/page.
* 2001, the inception: from day 1 through the state championship games, there were roughly 1375 threads, almost exclusively football. From the DII state championship through the state baseball tourney, there were roughly 400 threads, again almost exclusively 3A sports. (And when I say "almost exclusively", I'm not counting the so-and-so is ROM threads.....maybe 5 or so were NOT sports.) During the summer months (post-state bball tourney, pre-zero week games), there were another roughly 400 threads filled with "our team is gonna be so great, no we are" threads about the hypothetical greatness of football teams, along with the Regional rankings, etc.
* 2002, the "second" year: From Zero week games, through the DII state championship game, there were about 3675 threads :eek: (wow, we "grew") devoted almost 100% to 3A football. From the DII game through the baseball state tourney, roughly another 1200 3A sports threads. During the summer of 2003, there were about 800 threads with "our team is gonna be so great, no we are" about the hypothetical greatness of football teams, Regional rankings, state rankings, etc.
** By comparison, since April 1 (that's 1/2 a month for those who are math-challenged), there have been about 625 threads, with approximately 50% related to OVERALL sports (high school, college, professional, etc). Now, maybe the thread does not discuss "who is going to win what game", but rather something stupid an athlete did (i.e. the DUI dude).

And now......

***The UGLY*** (or is it?) - :eek: :eek:
* I see some of the same people from 2001/2002 that were getting all booty-hurt over their perception of a post that had nothing to do with the actual post, are still in 2008 getting booty-hurt over the exact same stuff that was never posted. :thinking:
* If you (hypothetical/collective "you") think the mods/admins are rough now, you really need to spend some time looking at the thread titles from 2001/2002. There were a few pages that 4 or 5 folks got rommed. Jacket/Matthew might give you :15 to get your act together and then you were out of there. There weren't any "let's don't not embarrass them by doing warnings via pm", they were public....if there was a warning.
* There were no "posted" rules. Those were born of necessity.

The above thoughts are neither good nor bad, just stuff I looked at the last couple of days. And if you actually read this entire thread, then you're bored too....might I suggest you go back to read the "PissonU is ROM" thread. :p

STANG RED
04-15-2008, 11:16 AM
This has nothing to do with sports or LH Panther Mom's estrogen induced rant:D :kiss: , but I just bought a double feature CD at WalMart for $1 of "The Good The Bad & The Ugly" and "Hang em High". Havent watched them yet. For $1 Im just hoping it plays.

LH Panther Mom
04-15-2008, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
This has nothing to do with sports or LH Panther Mom's estrogen induced rant:D :kiss: , but I just bought a double feature CD at WalMart for $1 of "The Good The Bad & The Ugly" and "Hang em High". Havent watched them yet. For $1 Im just hoping it plays.
:p I watched (sort of) GB&U this weekend and started on Hang 'em High before going to the store.

NastySlot
04-15-2008, 11:30 AM
I love the Good, the Bad and the Ugly.........................the standoff in the cemetery is great then my favorite line..........blondie to toco...."you see my friend there are two types of people in this world those with loaded guns and those who dig...........you dig."

DDBooger
04-15-2008, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
I love the Good, the Bad and the Ugly.........................the standoff in the cemetery is great then my favorite line..........blondie to toco...."you see my friend there are two types of people in this world those with loaded guns and those who dig...........you dig." Spaghetti westerns...Clint Eastwood is king! He's my all-time favorite except for that lil chic flic Bridges in Madison County. I'll never see Eastwood the same after seeing tears! He should have blazed some pistols on that ladies husband and ended the movie correctly!:mad: lol j/k

NastySlot
04-15-2008, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Spaghetti westerns...Clint Eastwood is king! He's my all-time favorite except for that lil chic flic Bridges in Madison County. I'll never see Eastwood the same after seeing tears! He should have blazed some pistols on that ladies husband and ended the movie correctly!:mad: lol j/k

say i like eastwood....but haven't seen madison county...and you shouldn't let people know you have.....jk.

NastySlot
04-15-2008, 11:36 AM
another eastwood quote.........from unforgiven............"well if he's going to decorate his bar with my friend he should arm himself."

DDBooger
04-15-2008, 11:53 AM
say i like eastwood....but haven't seen madison county...and you shouldn't let people know you have.....jk. shut up:rolleyes: i had to be consistent! :p

pirate4state
04-15-2008, 11:54 AM
Deb, probably not the best title for your rant ;)

DDBooger
04-15-2008, 11:54 AM
another eastwood quote.........from unforgiven............"well if he's going to decorate his bar with my friend he should arm himself." my favorite is when they ask "are you william money" and he goes off on how he's killed just about everything thats lived crawled or walked. something to that effect. Great movie!

LH Panther Mom
04-15-2008, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Deb, probably not the best title for your rant ;)
Hey, it got attention, didn't it? :p

DDBooger
04-15-2008, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Hey, it got attention, didn't it? :p maybe you would have done better with "the string on my tampon has been lit!" :D j/k dont rom me
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m155/angelito3o5/owned-1.gif

Ranger Mom
04-15-2008, 12:03 PM
maybe you would have done better with "the string on my tampon has been lit!" :D j/k dont rom me

Hey!!! Don't be stealing my line!!!

I talked about that way back when!! (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=65955&highlight=tampon+fuse) :D :D

LH Panther Mom
04-15-2008, 12:03 PM
maybe you would have done better with "the string on my tampon has been lit!" :D j/k dont rom me
Hahahahaha! :D :clap:

DDBooger
04-15-2008, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Hey!!! Don't be stealing my line!!!

I talked about that way back when!! (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=65955&highlight=tampon+fuse) :D :D uh:rolleyes: no you didn't;)

and its still funny

Sweetwater Red
04-15-2008, 12:18 PM

***The UGLY*** (or is it?) - :eek: :eek:

* If you (hypothetical/collective "you") think the mods/admins are rough now, you really need to spend some time looking at the thread titles from 2001/2002. There were a few pages that 4 or 5 folks got rommed. Jacket/Matthew might give you :15 to get your act together and then you were out of there. There weren't any "let's don't not embarrass them by doing warnings via pm", they were public....if there was a warning.

Maybe that's what the one's who are complaining want. If that's
the case maybe they should spend a little more time on this
board.:thinking:

http://texashsfootball.com/board/index.php?showtopic=30915&hl=mandy+admin

sinton66
04-15-2008, 12:23 PM
Gosh, we're soooooooo mean.:rolleyes:

I_DONT_CARE
04-15-2008, 12:27 PM
PISSONU? THAT'S DRAGGING UP SOME MEMORIES. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sweetwater Red
04-15-2008, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Gosh, we're soooooooo mean.:rolleyes:

That's why I have 5K posts here and 400(?) over there. I prefer
to be surrounded by people I can relate to.:devil:

nobogey72
04-15-2008, 01:58 PM
Spaghetti westerns...Clint Eastwood is king! He's my all-time favorite except for that lil chic flic Bridges in Madison County. I'll never see Eastwood the same after seeing tears! He should have blazed some pistols on that ladies husband and ended the movie correctly!:mad: lol j/k

I love spaghetti. Especially from Spano's in Abilene. But, I think the breadsticks are better at Olive Garden. Clint Eastwood is the Mayor of Carmel, CA. I don't know if they have an Olive Garden there or not.:confused:

Matthew328
04-15-2008, 03:35 PM
I didn't give much time for people to get it together...mods now are much nicer....:)

pirate4state
04-15-2008, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
I didn't give much time for people to get it together...mods now are much nicer....:) I can only imagine the OUTRAGE if we were as quick to ROM as you were!!! :eek: :eek:

Matthew328
04-15-2008, 03:39 PM
P4S you have to remember though, I'd hem and haw a bunch and put the fear in people....I ruled w/an iron fist

pirate4state
04-15-2008, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
P4S you have to remember though, I'd hem and haw a bunch and put the fear in people....I ruled w/an iron fist LOL LOL

kepdawg
04-15-2008, 03:43 PM
I can only imagine the OUTRAGE if we were as quick to ROM as you were!!! :eek: :eek:

There wouldn't be any outrage! There wouldn't be anybody to be outraged!

pirate4state
04-15-2008, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
There wouldn't be any outrage! There wouldn't be anybody to be outraged! You might be on to something. Maybe in the future we can give each of you a ROM this person for a day card. Kinda like the monopoly "get out of jail free" card. :thinking:

Matthew328
04-15-2008, 03:46 PM
tis true

Phil C
04-15-2008, 03:54 PM
I love the Good, the Bad and the Ugly.........................the standoff in the cemetery is great then my favorite line..........blondie to toco...."you see my friend there are two types of people in this world those with loaded guns and those who dig...........you dig."

Clint Eastwood was very good in the movie as The Man with No Name (even though he was called Blondie in this one). Lee Van Cleef was also very good as Angel Eyes but Eli Wallach stole this movie in the role of Tuco.

LH Panther Mom
04-15-2008, 03:55 PM
You might be on to something. Maybe in the future we can give each of you a ROM this person for a day card. Kinda like the monopoly "get out of jail free" card. :thinking:
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: That's not a bad idea!

sinfan75
04-15-2008, 07:36 PM
I remember Jacket stopped a thread I was arguin with him about. Don't remember what it was about but he got ticked. I also remember Matt on here after the Everman-Sinton game "WHERE ARE ALL THE SINTON PEOPLE AT"!! LOL!!

lostaussie
04-15-2008, 07:42 PM
[i] "PissonU is ROM" thread. :p [/B] i was kinda hoping you could post a link:D as i might enjoy some reading from the past:thumbsup:

LH Panther Mom
04-18-2008, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
i was kinda hoping you could post a link:D as i might enjoy some reading from the past:thumbsup:
here ya go (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=12062) :D

Ranger Mom
04-18-2008, 08:55 AM
here ya go (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=12062) :D

Haha!! I forgot about the "killerbee" name!!

LH Panther Mom
04-18-2008, 09:04 AM
Haha!! I forgot about the "killerbee" name!!
Ranger Mom getting feisty... :D

Feisty # 1 (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=5080)

Feisty # 2 (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=10226)

Ranger Mom
04-18-2008, 09:09 AM
Awwww!!! That brought back so many memories.....the very first thread I had closed....and my very first (and last) reprimand from Matthew328!!!:p :p

LH Panther Mom
04-18-2008, 09:09 AM
Awwww!!! That brought back so many memories.....the very first thread I had closed....and my very first (and last) reprimand from Matthew328!!!:p :p
Jesus Pep Rally - LMAO!!!!!!!! :D

Ranger Mom
04-18-2008, 09:11 AM
Jesus Pep Rally - LMAO!!!!!!!! :D

Refresh my memory.....isn't this the same poster who sent an email a few months back calling me a "white trash whore?"

wookinpanub??

He has hated me for a long time!!:eek:

LH Panther Mom
04-18-2008, 09:14 AM
Refresh my memory.....isn't this the same poster who sent an email a few months back calling me a "white trash whore?"

wookinpanub??

Your memory is working quite well. :1omg!:

Ranger Mom
04-18-2008, 09:24 AM
Your memory is working quite well. :1omg!:

LOL!!

Remember this one day??? (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=63181&highlight=whore)

LH Panther Mom
04-18-2008, 09:36 AM
LOL!!

Remember this one day??? (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=63181&highlight=whore)
ROFL! Squeegees.... :D

Ranger Mom
04-18-2008, 09:39 AM
ROFL! Squeegees.... :D

It's weird.....that seems like such a LONG time ago when that happened.

But yet...it was 4 days before my grandbaby was born.

She turned 1 yesterday and it doesn't seem like it's been 6 months much less an entire year that she's been here!

:thinking: :thinking:

pirate4state
04-18-2008, 09:40 AM
Ranger Mom getting feisty... :D

Feisty # 1 (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=5080)

Feisty # 2 (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=10226)

:spitlol: :spitlol: :spitlol:

That's the first time I ever read the "fiesty #2" thread.

HAHAHAHAHA

DaHop72
04-18-2008, 09:40 AM
LOL!!

Remember this one day??? (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=63181&highlight=whore) Great quote from big daddy russ

"This is why God doesn't want us to gamble."

:D

Curly
04-18-2008, 10:24 AM

wookinpanub??

Was that your friend Lewis????????

Ranger Mom
04-18-2008, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Curly
Was that your friend Lewis????????

No....HE called me pathetic, a dumb ass and fat! :vrycnfsd:

pirate4state
04-18-2008, 11:07 AM
Ranger Mom making friends all over the wide world web! :D

ProudHornetMom
04-18-2008, 09:15 PM
Sigh...wouldn't you know...that the fiesty1 and fiesty2 links are addressing a Caldwell poster. Every village has an idiot. Thank heavens he's an ex Caldwell idiot.

Good reaming job Ranger Mom.