PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to argue with me about...

Macarthur
04-15-2008, 10:19 AM
the Rangers and their defense?

I was actually more worried about the defense than I was pitching.

They've had something like 12 unearned runs in 13 games. That's just unacceptable for a major league team.

eppy 12
04-15-2008, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Macarthur
the Rangers and their defense?
no.

jason
04-15-2008, 10:22 AM
none of this will matter until they are 150 games into the (way too long and drawn out) season....

Silverback 04
04-15-2008, 10:24 AM
I prefer not to argue against the facts. Heres to hoping they get it together.

yoemenkracker30
04-15-2008, 10:37 AM
you can blame last nights game on marlon byrd...i think he had a few errors, didn't do much at the plate either

48minutes
04-15-2008, 11:15 AM
rangers are horrible, always will be!

STANG RED
04-15-2008, 11:19 AM
Typical Rangers will get red hot at some point, get our hopes up, then come crashing back down to reality soon thereafter.:(

48minutes
04-15-2008, 11:21 AM
Astros all the way baby!

I wish...

DaHop72
04-15-2008, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by 48minutes
Astros all the way baby!

I wish... http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/2817/hijaktf1.gif

Macarthur
04-15-2008, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by jason
none of this will matter until they are 150 games into the (way too long and drawn out) season....

Except for the fact that we have last year to draw from too. They were awful defensively last year, too.

michaelp23
04-15-2008, 01:15 PM
I was raised a Rangers fan and used to watch them almost every night growing up. But I stopped watching a long time ago. I figure, why should I care when it's obvious the ownership/management doesn't seem to care if they ever win anything or not. They trade away their best players (Mark Tex.), and refuse to sign any decent pitchers. They are a joke and an embarassment. I didn't watch one game last year and doubt that I will this year either.:( :doh:

Necks_Fan
04-15-2008, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by michaelp23
I was raised a Rangers fan and used to watch them almost every night growing up. But I stopped watching a long time ago. I figure, why should I care when it's obvious the ownership/management doesn't seem to care if they ever win anything or not. They trade away their best players (Mark Tex.), and refuse to sign any decent pitchers. They are a joke and an embarassment. I didn't watch one game last year and doubt that I will this year either.:( :doh: Your thinking is flawed. Yea, sure they traded away Teixeira,(sp.) but don't you think what they got was good compared to nothing because Tex was gone at the end of the season anway, so they went and got something for him. Really did the best they could with the given situation. It's also not that they refuse to sign free againts, it's just hard to get good players to go to a sub .500 team via free agency. The reason most people go to free agency is to be a winner. That simple.

And, honestly, the Rangers aern't that bad and they do have a good farm system and they are young. you obviously know little about them as a whole. They are progressing.

michaelp23
04-15-2008, 03:53 PM
I hope you are right about them progressing. But I've been hearing that for 15 years now. And you are correct, I don't know much about them anymore. But it doesn't take long to look at the standings and see that they have already assumed their rightful place at the bottom of the division. I'll always pull for the Ranger's. I'm just beyond frustration to the point of resignation that they will always be the loveable losers.