PDA

View Full Version : Updated Big 12 Baseball & Softball Standings...

g$$
04-14-2008, 04:52 PM
Big 12 / All

Baseball

Texas A&M 12-3-0 30-6-0
Nebraska 11-3-1 25-6-1
Missouri 7-5-0 25-9-0
Oklahoma State 8-7-0 23-10-0
Texas 8-7-0 23-12-0
Baylor 8-7-0 22-13-0
Kansas 4-8-0 22-16-0
Oklahoma 3-8-1 22-13-1
Texas Tech 4-11-0 17-19-0
Kansas State 3-9-0 16-18-0

**Anyone see Texas vs. Mizzou scores from weekend? Texas gave up a school record 31 runs in 31-12 loss Friday, then lost 13-2 Sat. before winning Sunday. Wow!

Softball

Big 12 / All

Texas A&M 11-0-0 39-6-0
Oklahoma 8-2-0 35-11-0
Texas 6-5-0 20-16-2
Missouri 4-4-0 37-12-0
Kansas 4-4-0 30-11-0
Oklahoma State 4-4-0 21-19-0
Baylor 4-7-0 21-14-0
Texas Tech 3-8-0 13-31-0
Iowa State 2-6-0 25-19-0
Nebraska 1-7-0 17-20-0

**A&M's Megan Gibson improved to 25-0 on season with 2 more wins in sweep of top 10 ranked OU. Wharton's Jami Lobpries had a big weekend as well for A&M.

How about them Aggies? Winning the Big 12 baseball & softball as of now...both highly ranked...& dominating the head-to-head with Texas (LSS) 7 to 4.5 pts. too. Now gotta get football going & look out.

Phil C
04-14-2008, 05:06 PM
I agree on the softball g$$. The Aggies are really dominating the last few years. I am beginning to think it was all CAT on our recent UT success. And even then with probably the best softball ever we couldn't get any hitters to give her run support to get an NC. The sad thing is she could have easily gone to UCLA or Arizona and probably got an NC or two but she wanted to help UT get one and we didn't provide her the supporting players. A big opportunity lost.

buff4life
04-14-2008, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I agree on the softball g$$. The Aggies are really dominating the last few years. I am beginning to think it was all CAT on our recent UT success. And even then with probably the best softball ever we couldn't get any hitters to give her run support to get an NC. The sad thing is she could have easily gone to UCLA or Arizona and probably got an NC or two but she wanted to help UT get one and we didn't provide her the supporting players. A big opportunity lost.

Ag baseball still has a long way to go, they still have to play nebraska, mizzou, texas, and maybe baylor right?

LH Panther Mom
04-14-2008, 05:39 PM
The best thing about Tech softball that can be said is that the baseball team is lower in conference standings. :(

g$$
04-14-2008, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
Ag baseball still has a long way to go, they still have to play nebraska, mizzou, texas, and maybe baylor right?

Yes, and the same could be said of other teams. You play the schedule & see what happens. Point is they are winning the Big 12 RIGHT NOW & ranked in top 10. We won the Big 12 Tourney last year & lost to Rice in Super Regionals. Texas lost their own Regional for 2nd year in a row. Texas is not Texas this year, Baylor is ok, NEB & Mizzou are both good. We'll see...

buff4life
04-14-2008, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Yes, and the same could be said of other teams. You play the schedule & see what happens. Point is they are winning the Big 12 RIGHT NOW & ranked in top 10. We won the Big 12 Tourney last year & lost to Rice in Super Regionals. Texas lost their own Regional for 2nd year in a row. Texas is not Texas this year, Baylor is ok, NEB & Mizzou are both good. We'll see...

i agree...but i'm glad you got my point, well i think you did

Aesculus gilmus
04-14-2008, 06:12 PM
Way to go, Coach Rob Childress of Texas A&M.

He's our most famous coach from Upshur County outside of Lovie Smith.

Panther One
04-14-2008, 06:32 PM
As far as Texas softball goes, the impact Osterman had was evident when she missed a season to join the USA team. They were great with her, average without her, and then great with her again. It's sad that she doesn't have a NC ring on her finger. Possibly the greatest college pitcher of all time.

And the Ag's baseball team does still have some work to do, but three sweeps in a row ain't bad. They've done what a champion is supposed to do...beat who you're supposed to beat. Sweeping Kansas and OU is something Texas didn't do this year. I think the Ags have guaranteed themselves a top three finish. Three years ago when Childress was hired, I think most Ags would have taken a third place finish in year three. If we can do better, it's just icing on the cake. Augie was 36-26 in his third year at Texas, just in case anyone was wondering.

Also, I love this headline from texassports.com...

"No. 12 Baseball avoids sweep with impressive 9-2 win over No. 8 Missouri"

Impressive? Really? After giving up 44 runs in two games, is salvaging one really impressive?

buff4life
04-14-2008, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
As far as Texas softball goes, the impact Osterman had was evident when she missed a season to join the USA team. They were great with her, average without her, and then great with her again. It's sad that she doesn't have a NC ring on her finger. Possibly the greatest college pitcher of all time.

And the Ag's baseball team does still have some work to do, but three sweeps in a row ain't bad. They've done what a champion is supposed to do...beat who you're supposed to beat. Sweeping Kansas and OU is something Texas didn't do this year. I think the Ags have guaranteed themselves a top three finish. Three years ago when Childress was hired, I think most Ags would have taken a third place finish in year three. If we can do better, it's just icing on the cake. Augie was 36-26 in his third year at Texas, just in case anyone was wondering.

Impressive? Really? After giving up 44 runs in two games, is salvaging one really impressive?

they're not talking about the series just the game, and yes that game was impressive pitching, defense, and hitting finally came together for atleast one game...

and how about this for impressive, texags.com can't put Texas when the ags play them, but instead have to put the derogatory "tu" there

leecofans
04-14-2008, 07:33 PM

Our family went to watch the UT/A&M softball game last week and there was a guy behind us saying "Cat O(long o sound here)sterman? Who is that?" I could tell that the woman next to him was embarrassed as she was listing Cat's accolades. I was just thinking, please God, let this guy be a foreigner and not from Texas.:doh:

jimmyceatworld
04-14-2008, 09:33 PM
What's up with Baylor and especially UT in baseball? I know the Bears use to be really good and it seems like Texas makes the College World Series every year.

NastySlot
04-14-2008, 11:24 PM

the aggies do have all those teams left on the schedule.....six at home and six on the road...........one is c.s and two in waco this weekend...then three at home with missouri...three at nebraska and one in austin and two in c.s. with the horns......sweeps are big...the aggies haven't sweep three series in a year since i believe 93 in the old swc....swept three good ones that year tcu, rice and texas................im no genius but heres my two cents about the horns struggle.......it's the new ncaa schedule which calls for more games during the week to be played......Gurriedo is a great practice coach and he is losing valuable practice time.......he was very much against the new schedule..........back to the aggies........the sweeps are big because they happen against the teams they should have happen against.

Panther One
04-15-2008, 03:12 AM
and how about this for impressive, texags.com can't put Texas when the ags play them, but instead have to put the derogatory "tu" there
And on Orangebloods you see the term "aggy" used all over the place, so what's your point? I've got two pieces of advice for you. One, don't let it bother you. A lot of Longhorns like to use aggy, collie station, etc, and I could care less. Two, if it continues to bother you, perhaps you shouldn't visit TexAgs.

g$$
04-15-2008, 04:23 PM

Well said & agreed.

There is work to be done but progress has been made & the future is bright. In fact, the entire program is flourishing for the most part & Bill Byrne deserves credit for the hires & emphasis on an all-around program.

Rumor is Augie may be headed back to the West Coast after this year...

buff4life
04-15-2008, 05:11 PM
And on Orangebloods you see the term "aggy" used all over the place, so what's your point? I've got two pieces of advice for you. One, don't let it bother you. A lot of Longhorns like to use aggy, collie station, etc, and I could care less. Two, if it continues to bother you, perhaps you shouldn't visit TexAgs.

except at orangebloods, aggy is only used in the messages in the forums, on texags the derogatory term is used on the front page of the website for example it will say

Basketball tu vs.
Texas A&M

am i wrong? no

g$$
04-17-2008, 12:56 AM
except at orangebloods, aggy is only used in the messages in the forums, on texags the derogatory term is used on the front page of the website for example it will say

Basketball tu vs.
Texas A&M

am i wrong? no

Relax man. It goes both ways & always will. Quit trolling texags if it bothers you that much. I have seen both schools do it in print & they are both wrong.

Who cares in the long run?

Bull19
04-17-2008, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by g$$
ranked in top 10. wont be after this week