PDA

View Full Version : Melo arrested!!!

coach
04-14-2008, 01:53 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3346621

talk about bad timing

crzyjournalist03
04-14-2008, 02:16 PM
I just saw this on ESPNEWS while at lunch.

I wondered to myself while eating my sandwich why DUIs aren't frowned upon like PEDs...when you're taking steroids, you're putting yourself at risk. When you drive drunk, you're putting othe people at risk.

I'd love to see a league adopt an automatic suspension policy for players who are charged with DUIs. Granted, not all of these cases turn out to be verifiable, ala Tank Johnson in Arizona, but there's got to be a way to verify whether a player was under the influence.

I think a 15 game suspension would unfortunately make a lot of guys think twice more than seeing television ads tell them that it's dangerous.

coach
04-14-2008, 02:41 PM
i agree it's one thing to ruin your body but to put other peoples lives in danger

Emerson1
04-14-2008, 02:44 PM
He will be suspended, but only because this is a good reason for the league to give the Lakers an easier first round game.

Phil C
04-14-2008, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
He will be suspended, but only because this is a good reason for the league to give the Lakers an easier first round game.

The league wants the finals to be LA vs Boston for high ratings. Look for close last second calls to go for the Lakers in the playoffs.

Phil C
04-14-2008, 03:54 PM
Another victim of society.

LH Panther Mom
04-14-2008, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Another victim of society.
Well, if he had hurt/killed anyone, then society would have been HIS victim. :mad: Quit making excuses for these people!

crzyjournalist03
04-14-2008, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Well, if he had hurt/killed anyone, then society would have been HIS victim. :mad: Quit making excuses for these people!

If alcohol was outlawed, then only outlaws would have alcohol!

Phil C
04-14-2008, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
If alcohol was outlawed, then only outlaws would have alcohol!

:D :clap:

IHStangFan
04-14-2008, 04:15 PM
idiot

Emerson1
04-14-2008, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
The league wants the finals to be LA vs Boston for high ratings. Look for close last second calls to go for the Lakers in the playoffs.
The godfather has spoken!

Gobbla2001
04-14-2008, 05:52 PM
Just ask yourself... have you ever at any point in your life gotten behind the wheel when you shouldn't have? Beer, weed, pain-killer, medicine that warns you not to operate machinery? If you have it's DUI (DWI in Texas)... you might have felt fine, hell I did but +.08 is +.08 no matter which way you slice it...

I'd be willing to bet that half of the people who go all holier than thou art on athletes/celebs that get DU/DWIs have driven that way before, just haven't been caught (not saying any of you, just saying half of the people who complain PERIOD, I've called many a person out on this)...

it's happened to me, it can happen to anyone... just a few beers after work and if the officer doesn't feel you can drive (after a field sobriety test) he doesn't even need to breath you, it's on camera, DWI...

BUT, for future offenders, when you get pulled over and you know you're over the limit, REFUSE EVERYTHING, no field-sobriety test, no breath on scene or in station (station is where it counts), no blood test... what they got on ya come court time? uhmmm, nothing... but you do lose your license for 180 days (first offense with refusal)...

better yet, just don't drink and drive...

PHS Wildcats
04-14-2008, 07:57 PM
idiot

LH Panther Mom
04-14-2008, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Just ask yourself... have you ever at any point in your life gotten behind the wheel when you shouldn't have? Beer, weed, pain-killer, medicine that warns you not to operate machinery? If you have it's DUI (DWI in Texas)... you might have felt fine, hell I did but +.08 is +.08 no matter which way you slice it...

I'd be willing to bet that half of the people who go all holier than thou art on athletes/celebs that get DU/DWIs have driven that way before, just haven't been caught (not saying any of you, just saying half of the people who complain PERIOD, I've called many a person out on this)...

it's happened to me, it can happen to anyone... just a few beers after work and if the officer doesn't feel you can drive (after a field sobriety test) he doesn't even need to breath you, it's on camera, DWI...

BUT, for future offenders, when you get pulled over and you know you're over the limit, REFUSE EVERYTHING, no field-sobriety test, no breath on scene or in station (station is where it counts), no blood test... what they got on ya come court time? uhmmm, nothing... but you do lose your license for 180 days (first offense with refusal)...

better yet, just don't drink and drive...
You make some very good points! :thumbsup: And I completely understand where you're coming from, but if someone gets caught, they need to be prepared to accept the consequences....and hopefully no one is harmed (or worse).

jason
04-15-2008, 08:54 AM
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/4848/carmelomug1if9.jpg

LINK (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/mugshots/carmelomug1.html)

DaHop72
04-15-2008, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
no blood test... what they got on ya come court time? uhmmm, nothing... They can get a judge to issue a search warrant and they can legally make you give blood.