crzyjournalist03
04-14-2008, 01:18 PM
Two words my friend:

Economic Stimulus

jason
04-14-2008, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Two words my friend:

Economic Stimulus exactly....in less than a month, i will be $600 richer....

44INAROW
04-14-2008, 01:28 PM
I just put ours in the mail :mad: :mad:

eppy 12
04-14-2008, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by jason
exactly....in less than a month, i will be $600 richer.... that's real stimulating, isn't it?????

jason
04-14-2008, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by eppy 12
that's real stimulating, isn't it????? if i spend it at the right place, then yes....

eppy 12
04-14-2008, 01:36 PM
if i spend it at the right place, then yes.... http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l239/eppy12/strip.jpg

DaHop72
04-14-2008, 01:40 PM
if i spend it at the right place, then yes.... http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff239/DaHop72/pga.jpg:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ranger Mom
04-14-2008, 01:46 PM
I heard they are going by the last 2 digits of your SS number in sending the rebates.

In case of a married couple, will they use the last 2 digits of the husband??

Or is it a separate check for each person?

Also, if I filed my granddaughter on my taxes, is she considered a "qualifying child?"

I have read up on it some, but can't really find the answers to those 2 questions....does anyone know?

eppy 12
04-14-2008, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I heard they are going by the last 2 digits of your SS number in sending the rebates.

Also, if I filed my granddaughter on my taxes, is she considered a "qualifying child?"

I have read up on it some, but can't really find the answers to those 2 questions....does anyone know? do you need an extension mom? if the grandaughter recieved most support from you and/or resided with you or is full-time college, YES.

Snyder_TigerFan
04-14-2008, 01:53 PM

According to this, (http://www.irs.gov/irs/article/0,,id=180250,00.html) it's the last 2 of the main filer's ssn.

eppy 12
04-14-2008, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
According to this, (http://www.irs.gov/irs/article/0,,id=180250,00.html) it's the last 2 of the main filer's ssn. crap!

Ranger Mom
04-14-2008, 01:58 PM
do you need an extension mom? if the grandaughter recieved most support from you and/or resided with you or is full-time college, YES.

Extension?? I got my refund back in January!!

My granddaughter has lived with me since the day she was born, and I supported her for the first 8 months of her life.

eppy 12
04-14-2008, 02:00 PM
Extension?? I got my refund back in January!!

My granddaughter has lived with me since the day she was born, and I supported her for the first 8 months of her life. great, never mind then.;)

Ranger Mom
04-14-2008, 02:16 PM
great, never mind then.;)

But wait....even if I filed her as a dependent, but I don't have custody or anything, she is still a qualifying child??

That is what is confusing to me...I claimed both my granddaughter AND her mother as my dependents since I was the one supporting them at the time.

I read something about the child tax credit....I know I didn't get that with the mother, since she was not my child.

crzyjournalist03
04-14-2008, 02:19 PM
crap!

why crap? What's your SSN???

crzyjournalist03
04-14-2008, 02:23 PM
http://www.irs.gov/irs/article/0,,id=177937,00.html#Scene

this link provides all the info directly from the IRS...if I'm reading it right, it looks like married couples without children who made over $4,000 will only be getting $600, not the $1200 that has been widely reported...

Ranger Mom
04-14-2008, 02:25 PM
http://www.irs.gov/irs/article/0,,id=177937,00.html#Scene

this link provides all the info directly from the IRS...if I'm reading it right, it looks like married couples without children who made over $4,000 will only be getting $600, not the $1200 that has been widely reported...

Well that stinks!!!!

Sweetwater Red
04-14-2008, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Good luck Red

Thank you. I have to pay in $182. I was expecting much worse.:)

crzyjournalist03
04-14-2008, 02:31 PM
Well that stinks!!!!

Don't quote me on that, because I'm not sure what the words "federal income tax liability" mean...but from what my uneducated guess is, it looks like unless you paid over $1200 to the government this year, you're only getting $600 back, and an individual will only be receiving $300 back.

crzyjournalist03
04-14-2008, 02:40 PM
Doesn't Phil know a lot about taxes?

Anybody with knowledge out there who can interpret what the IRS site is saying?

eppy 12
04-14-2008, 02:52 PM
why crap? What's your SSN??? what's yours!j/k 40,

LH Panther Mom
04-14-2008, 02:53 PM
5) Married couple with no children, AGI is $25,000, federal income tax liability is $750.
Rebate is $750

6) Married couple with no children, AGI is $60,000, federal income tax liability exceeds $1,200.
Rebate is $1,200

7) Married couple with no children, AGI is $160,000, federal income tax liability exceeds $1,200.
Rebate is $1,200
Phaseout reduction is ($500)
TOTAL is $700

:nerd: :nerd:

eppy 12
04-14-2008, 02:56 PM
But wait....even if I filed her as a dependent, but I don't have custody or anything, she is still a qualifying child??

That is what is confusing to me...I claimed both my granddaughter AND her mother as my dependents since I was the one supporting them at the time.

I read something about the child tax credit....I know I didn't get that with the mother, since she was not my child. qual child is one that you support, reside at least 6 mo. or a child over 18 who you support as a full time student, at which time one may also be able to claim a % of tuition paid.:nerd:

Snyder_TigerFan
04-14-2008, 02:58 PM
RM - per the irs website....

How much will you get? The actual amount depends on the information contained on your tax return. Eligible individuals will receive between $300 and $600. Those who are eligible and file a joint return will receive a total of between $600 and $1,200. Those with children will get an additional $300 for each qualifying child. To qualify, a child must be eligible under the Child Tax Credit and have a valid Social Security number. We have various examples for you check out.

So it sounds like if you received the child tax credit for your granddaughter, then you should get the additional credit.

crzyjournalist03
04-14-2008, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
5) Married couple with no children, AGI is $25,000, federal income tax liability is $750.
Rebate is $750

6) Married couple with no children, AGI is $60,000, federal income tax liability exceeds $1,200.
Rebate is $1,200

7) Married couple with no children, AGI is $160,000, federal income tax liability exceeds $1,200.
Rebate is $1,200
Phaseout reduction is ($500)
TOTAL is $700

:nerd: :nerd:

yeah...so...what's a federal income tax liability?

I'm assuming since I don't know, that means I didn't have one.

LH Panther Mom
04-14-2008, 03:11 PM

Don't quote me on this. I'm not an IRS employee, but I did take an H&R block class one year and worked for them one tax season. :nerd: I believe it would be the amount of taxes owed (deducted via payroll generally) based on the amount earned would be the income tax liability.

Snyder_TigerFan
04-14-2008, 03:12 PM

This calculator should tell you how much your stimulus check will be....just need access to your tax forms.

Link (http://www.irs.gov/app/espc/)

crzyjournalist03
04-14-2008, 03:15 PM
Don't quote me on this. I'm not an IRS employee, but I did take an H&R block class one year and worked for them one tax season. :nerd: I believe it would be the amount of taxes owed (deducted via payroll generally) based on the amount earned would be the income tax liability.

so the fact that I got a refund on my taxes wouldn't necessarily mean that I have no liability? That would be good, as my wife and I both have automatic deductions, but we did get a refund.

I have the tax info at home and would go to that website, if I ever thought about it at home. But I honestly can't remember the last evening I was actually at home and didn't have something that I had to do.

LH Panther Mom
04-14-2008, 03:29 PM
so the fact that I got a refund on my taxes wouldn't necessarily mean that I have no liability? That would be good, as my wife and I both have automatic deductions, but we did get a refund.

I have the tax info at home and would go to that website, if I ever thought about it at home. But I honestly can't remember the last evening I was actually at home and didn't have something that I had to do.
:( There's too much to read at the moment, because I'm trying to finish my stinking taxes. :doh: (Remind me in a couple of days.)

44INAROW
04-14-2008, 03:36 PM

but the question is LHPM - did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express?? :D :D :D Just giving you some "IRS" stress relief ;) ;)

AP Panther Fan
04-14-2008, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
This calculator should tell you how much your stimulus check will be....just need access to your tax forms.

Link (http://www.irs.gov/app/espc/)

Woo Hoo....$1,800.00....Thanks for that link!:D

LH Panther Mom
04-14-2008, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
but the question is LHPM - did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express?? :D :D :D Just giving you some "IRS" stress relief ;) ;)
I wish! :D Well, this years' return was the most fun I've had in a few days. :crazy1: :crazy: :twitch: :helpme: But, other than printing, forking over money, and standing in line at the USPS, I'm finished.

AP Panther Fan
04-14-2008, 05:30 PM
I wish! :D Well, this years' return was the most fun I've had in a few days. :crazy1: :crazy: :twitch: :helpme: But, other than printing, forking over money, and standing in line at the USPS, I'm finished.

:clap: :clap: :clap: (to the being finished part)

Antec
04-14-2008, 08:25 PM
We used a independment person out of East Bernard

Our claim was kind of complicated with deductions -etc

She charged only $120

HR Block and others charge more

charlesrixey
04-15-2008, 06:23 AM

I have read up on it some, but can't really find the answers to those 2 questions....does anyone know?

i don't think they care; what i heard is they will send you a rebate based on the number of dependents you claim. Married people will get 1,200, and each dependent child will be 'worth' 600.

don't know which person will be sent the check

waterboy
04-15-2008, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by Antec
We used a independment person out of East Bernard

Our claim was kind of complicated with deductions -etc

She charged only $120

HR Block and others charge more
We have a CPA do ours. She files it electronically and only charges us $30. The second year after my wife and I got married our taxes got more complicated due to her selling a couple of rental houses, so we went to H&R Block and had them prepared. That was a disaster! Not only did she not spell my daughter's name right, she even got the social security number wrong. She had the SS card in front of her! She charged us $135 for us to get $110 back. When we discovered the errors, and found out it would take another week to get it redone, we went to the CPA we currently use. She not only got the names and SS#s right, but we got $541 back, and she only charged us $25 and filed it electronically.:thumbsup: :p

Black_Magic
04-15-2008, 10:37 AM
Two words my friend:

Economic Stimulus Its extra sweet if you have 6 kids.:D