PDA

View Full Version : Burnet....big headed??

Bearcats213
11-23-2003, 01:46 PM
It's one thing to support your team, but this seems out of hand. I understand Burnet is a VERY good football team, but what is that nonsense about them being able to beat Kansas City, a professional NFL team. That's not practical.

3afan2K3
11-23-2003, 01:48 PM
ROFLMAO
are you crazy????? Of course burnet could beat them

<small>[ November 23, 2003, 12:50 PM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

Burnet Dawg06
11-23-2003, 01:49 PM
Must we start this again?

Dink&dunk7
11-23-2003, 01:50 PM
They put 70 on Wharton last night, who most Wharton fans would claim is bigger, faster, and more athletic than some NFL teams. wink

It's just typical message board stuff. You know what 99% of this stuff is classified as don't you? wink

bulldogvet85
11-23-2003, 01:50 PM
oh my god this again you haveto be kidding me. people need to learn how to take a joke :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

sinton66
11-23-2003, 01:51 PM
Why didn't you mention the 37 Wharton put on Burnet?

olddawggreen
11-23-2003, 01:51 PM
Bearcats213:
It's one thing to support your team, but this seems out of hand. I understand Burnet is a VERY good football team, but what is that nonsense about them being able to beat Kansas City, a professional NFL team. That's not practical.It was a joke Goober! And it was started by someone from Forney. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

29x281
11-23-2003, 01:52 PM
After beating the Chiefs, we'll start immediately on preparations for dismantling the Al-Qaeda terror network. I don't think they can cover Shipley either.

Then it's on to formulating a plan for Middle-East Peace. Then a cure for cancer.

Tarpon2004
11-23-2003, 01:56 PM
I think yall just need to get over your jealousy or something yall got....I DOUBT The Burnet TEAM is big headed..they seem to play good ball every week which is a sign of their hard work....MAYBE the Burnet FANS are big headed but hey whats wrong with having extreme confidence in your team?.....I think some of yall just need to get over it.........PEACE!

Bearcats213
11-23-2003, 02:02 PM
Okay......I don't care........what is Burnet's enrollment??

1team1dream
11-23-2003, 02:05 PM
this is stupid burnet is a HIGH SCHOOL football. we are very very talented but for the folks always tryin to say we can beat college teams or nfl teams..... eek! yeah i dont think we are that good! they are pros we just love the game! :D

poncho
11-23-2003, 02:07 PM
Tarpon2004:
I think yall just need to get over your jealousy or something yall got....I DOUBT The Burnet TEAM is big headed..they seem to play good ball every week which is a sign of their hard work....MAYBE the Burnet FANS are big headed but hey whats wrong with having extreme confidence in your team?.....I think some of yall just need to get over it.........PEACE!I agree Tarpon2004 :cool:

bigdogsbulldogmom
11-23-2003, 02:07 PM
Well said Tarpon2004,TYVM :)

<small>[ November 23, 2003, 01:10 PM: Message edited by: bigdogsbulldogmom ]</small>

44INAROW
11-23-2003, 02:13 PM
Why did Burnet play the first team until the final play of the game? That seems a bit too much dont' you think?

3afan2K3
11-23-2003, 02:16 PM
44INAROW:
Why did Burnet play the first team until the final play of the game? That seems a bit too much dont' you think?Its play-offs

Hot Rod
11-23-2003, 02:32 PM
44INAROW:
Why did Burnet play the first team until the final play of the game? That seems a bit too much dont' you think?its just preping the team for the games to come that was the first game burnet had played the whole game wharton was a good opnent

bigdogsbulldogmom
11-23-2003, 03:12 PM
when your opponents are scoring on the 1st team d, why put in the 2nd team d?wharton was a very explosive team worthy of great respect.

GreatBigBurnetFan
11-23-2003, 03:32 PM
For one thing that last td was a JV youngster, not bad huh? I thought he did a great job. Another thing, Wharton was continueing to score.
What would you have us do, just hand the ball back to their offense, no your team would score too. Some teams would leave all their starters in,
Burnet used the JV youngsters to get them some playing experience. Yes they left Stephen in, but
he didn't try to pass, just hand it off. That was a good drive for those players. Even though Burnet looses a lot by graduation, they also are restocking and reloading.
Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFan

olddog73
11-23-2003, 04:06 PM
I beleive Warton had some great talent on the field last night, unfortantly for them they didnt have the disapline to match their talent. But I will say one thing about them, they never gave up. They fought hard till the very end, which is why we continued to score. We had to stay out ahead of them on the score. Burnet could had scored 70 points on a number of teams we played this year by keeping the Burnet starters in the whole game, but many of these teams had been beaten and had given up by the half. Warton never gave up and was capable of scoring until the very end.

Texan007
11-23-2003, 04:22 PM
Did I miss something? 70 to 37 is a 33 point difference. It doesnt even sound like Wharton was in the game. No offense to the Wharton people but giving up 70 points to any team doesnt exactly sound like you played well. Someone help me understand this?

Burnet Dawg06
11-23-2003, 04:24 PM
GreatBigBurnetFan:
For one thing that last td was a JV youngster, not bad huh? I thought he did a great job. Another thing, Wharton was continueing to score.
What would you have us do, just hand the ball back to their offense, no your team would score too. Some teams would leave all their starters in,
Burnet used the JV youngsters to get them some playing experience. Yes they left Stephen in, but
he didn't try to pass, just hand it off. That was a good drive for those players. Even though Burnet looses a lot by graduation, they also are restocking and reloading.
Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFanWho was it that made the last touchdown?

bulldogvet85
11-23-2003, 05:02 PM
Texan007:
Did I miss something? 70 to 37 is a 33 point difference. It doesnt even sound like Wharton was in the game. No offense to the Wharton people but giving up 70 points to any team doesnt exactly sound like you played well. Someone help me understand this?you kinda had to be there. it was close from the start and for a better part of the first half until burnet just kept pulling away in the second. wharton was playing pretty tough if you would have just watched the game and not looked at the scoreboard you wouldnt have known that they were losing by that much wharton played hard the whole game and never gave up. it was alot better of a game then the score shows trust me.

Bearcats213
11-23-2003, 07:07 PM
it wouldnt be as bad if it was 33-0

Texan007
11-23-2003, 07:14 PM
Was Burnet ever behind in this game? What was the score at half? With over 800 yards of offense and 107 points scored it sounds like neither defense played well. That's more than 15 touchdowns and one every approx. 3 1/2 minutes! Sounds like a wide open shootout.

Burnet Dawg06
11-23-2003, 07:20 PM
Texan007:
Was Burnet ever behind in this game? What was the score at half? With over 800 yards of offense and 107 points scored it sounds like neither defense played well. That's more than 15 touchdowns and one every approx. 3 1/2 minutes! Sounds like a wide open shootout.No Burnet was never behind in this game and the score at the half was like 44-17 I think.

<small>[ November 23, 2003, 06:21 PM: Message edited by: Burnet Dawg06 ]</small>

Texan007
11-23-2003, 07:32 PM
Well 44-17 at half pretty much sums it up. I'm sure Wharton played hard but it sounds like they were out matched from the start. Since you Burnet fans are not used to giving up so many points I'm sure the game seemed close to you but for the rest of us we would be comfortable with a 44-17 half time lead and a 70-37 thrashing. Close is when they are within 2 scores with 8 minutes left in the game. Good luck against Sinton maybe they can keep it close (56-28) and make yall nervous.

bulldogvet85
11-23-2003, 08:02 PM
Texan007:
Well 44-17 at half pretty much sums it up. I'm sure Wharton played hard but it sounds like they were out matched from the start. Since you Burnet fans are not used to giving up so many points I'm sure the game seemed close to you but for the rest of us we would be comfortable with a 44-17 half time lead and a 70-37 thrashing. Close is when they are within 2 scores with 8 minutes left in the game. Good luck against Sinton maybe they can keep it close (56-28) and make yall nervous.well wharton got two int's and scored off both on drives and brought themselves with in a touchdown begining of second quarter

LogieJoeBean001
11-23-2003, 08:19 PM
Wharton did what no other team this entire season has been able to do against Burnet! You guys still aren't giving the Tigers the respect they deserve. At least the Burnet fans that were there sure have! It was a case of mistakes that turned the ballgame around. Our boys had the talent....let's see three interceptions on a qb that had not had any picks, more yards gained against them than any other team all season and more points scored against them. I congratulate the Bulldogs and hope they go out and beat everybody else's butt the way they did ours!

Seriously, Burnet has my most heartfelt respect. That's what you get from the opponent when you play a good, clean, honest, decent and hard fought game, R-E-S-P-E-C-T!!!!

<small>[ November 24, 2003, 11:11 AM: Message edited by: LogieJoeBean001 ]</small>

LogieJoeBean001
11-23-2003, 08:43 PM
I was kinda wondering why the first string was still in there too? I know it was playoffs, I don't fully understand the comment of giving the first string the playing time either.

Also, for those thinking that it was a blowout and Wharton was just run all over, you weren't there. You couldn't have been and say that. I'll keep repeating the facts. Wharton did what no other team has done all season and were within a touchdown of Burnet right before the half until some very costly mistakes happened. Wharton intercepted the ball three times, lost one on a fumble, gained more yards on Burnet than any other team and scored more points against them than any other team this season. Shall I go a step further and say Wharton didn't get beat by Burnet, in a round about way, they BEAT THEMSELVES!!!! They had their chances and were making a game of it until right before the half.

Congratulations to the Wharton Tigers on an outstandingly played game! I'm so proud of you guys!

<small>[ November 23, 2003, 07:44 PM: Message edited by: LogieJoeBean001 ]</small>

LogieJoeBean001
11-23-2003, 08:46 PM
Texan007:
Well 44-17 at half pretty much sums it up. I'm sure Wharton played hard but it sounds like they were out matched from the start. Since you Burnet fans are not used to giving up so many points I'm sure the game seemed close to you but for the rest of us we would be comfortable with a 44-17 half time lead and a 70-37 thrashing. Close is when they are within 2 scores with 8 minutes left in the game. Good luck against Sinton maybe they can keep it close (56-28) and make yall nervous.They must have been just a little nervous because the first string stayed in for the entire game. Burnet knew Wharton was scoring against them and just didn't want to take a chance of losing the game by putting in the second string. I'd call that a combination of being just a bit nervous with a little added dose of respect.

<small>[ November 23, 2003, 07:49 PM: Message edited by: LogieJoeBean001 ]</small>

Bearcats213
11-23-2003, 08:48 PM
Really, I only posted something about Burnet because I knew i'd get a folder with burning flame thingy on it.

bulldogvet85
11-23-2003, 11:26 PM
LogieJoeBean001:
Wharton did what no other team this entire season has been able to do against Burnet! You guys still aren't giving the Tigers the respect they deserve. At least the Burnet fans that were there sure have! It was a case of mistakes that turned the ballgame around. Our boys had the talent....let's see three interceptions on a qb that had not had any picks, more yards gained against them than any other team all season and more points scored against them. I congratulate the Bulldogs and hope they go out and beat everybody else's butt the way they did ours!

Seriously, Burnet has most heartfelt respect. That's what you get from the opponent when you play a good, clean, honest, decent and hard fought game, R-E-S-P-E-C-T!!!!actually there tiger I have heard alot of people give wharton some respect. another thing you dont come demanding respect you earn it. The TEAM earned it and they have been given credit where credit is do. by the way they are not the first team to score that much on burnet this season midland christian scored 35 on them. but wharton is getting there respect they deserve so you dont have to keep saying they deserve respect or more you cant ask for respect and get it like that that kinda stuff makes people not wanna show you any credit for anything.

bigdogsbulldogmom
11-24-2003, 01:27 AM
midland only put up 19 pts :D

SintonFan
11-24-2003, 02:07 AM
Bearcats213:
Really, I only posted something about Burnet because I knew i'd get a folder with burning flame thingy on it.LOL
Three :D for you!

LogieJoeBean001
11-24-2003, 11:48 AM
bulldogvet85:

LogieJoeBean001:

Seriously, Burnet has most heartfelt respect. That's what you get from the opponent when you play a good, clean, honest, decent and hard fought game, R-E-S-P-E-C-T!!!!actually there tiger I have heard alot of people give wharton some respect. another thing you dont come demanding respect you earn it. The TEAM earned it and they have been given credit where credit is do. by the way they are not the first team to score that much on burnet this season midland christian scored 35 on them. but wharton is getting there respect they deserve so you dont have to keep saying they deserve respect or more you cant ask for respect and get it like that that kinda stuff makes people not wanna show you any credit for anything.You didn't even read my post correctly. I was saying I respeced YOU guys and that the Burnet fans who were there have a new-found respect for the Tigers. Dude, it was a gracious compliment to the Burnet team and fans, for Pete's sake! It's just the people who weren't there, for the most part, that I'm refering to. Folks take one look at the score and it is very misleading. I think my response was of a very mild nature seeing how we had just lost to you guys by 30+ points. Put yourself in our shoes, if you can. We have heard nothing but negativity about our team and town for quite sometime. All any of us want is for our boys to get what they have worked so very hard for and yes, HAVE EARNED, not demanded. My post came before alot of the other posts congratulating Wharton were posted. I see that now.

JCM
11-24-2003, 11:58 AM
I was at the game and I was very impressed with the athleticism of Wharton. They have a very explosive team and had speed to spare. No lead was really safe. Burnet was up 24-3 and all of a sudden after two picks, it was 24-17. It turned into a shoot-out. Had it not been for the Wharton mistakes in the kicking game, the outcome could have been very close.

playa 3
11-24-2003, 12:43 PM
Burnet should be thanking their lucky stars that Wharton made so many unusual mistakes. This game would have gone down to the wire without the 20 points Wharton basically spotted Burnet throughout the game. As things are, Burnet does deserve credit for making the most of those mistakes.

Texan007
11-24-2003, 01:46 PM
No disrespect was intended towards Wharton, I was not at the game and kept reading about how well Wharton played and wanted to know how a team that gave up 70 points played well. Wimberley held Burnet scoreless until 4th and goal with 4:33 left in the 1st half, then the wheels came off and Burnet scored 3 TD's and it was 21-0 at half. We also felt we played well and thought holding Burnet to 34 points was great. Again no disrespect was intended towards Wharton, I just wanted to know how the game went since the score was not what people made it sound like. Good luck to our fellow 25 3A Teams. I hope Burnet and LH both win state. Congrats to Wharton on a good season and making it to the playoffs and having the bad luck to draw Burnet so early.

LogieJoeBean001
11-24-2003, 01:48 PM
Texan007:
...having the bad luck to draw Burnet so early.For the second year in a row, too!

HotDawg89
11-24-2003, 03:30 PM
44INAROW:
Why did Burnet play the first team until the final play of the game? That seems a bit too much dont' you think?Because Wharton is a really good football team, we left a great deal of the starters in... however, I would like to point out that the final touchdown of the game was scored by a JV kid who just moved up. So--- they weren't all left in until the last play of the game. Be careful. It can be misleading thinking all the starters are in when many teams have a lot of players who play both ways, some that are 1st string on O, and 2nd on D... you just never know.

whtfbplaya
11-24-2003, 03:36 PM
The coaches probably left the starters in to get experience playing a good team for an entire game, because they will probably have to do that to win it all.

Bearcats213
11-24-2003, 05:54 PM
see now i got everybody fighting frown

lv2937
11-24-2003, 06:19 PM
LogieJoeBean001:

bulldogvet85:

LogieJoeBean001:

Seriously, Burnet has most heartfelt respect. That's what you get from the opponent when you play a good, clean, honest, decent and hard fought game, R-E-S-P-E-C-T!!!!actually there tiger I have heard alot of people give wharton some respect. another thing you dont come demanding respect you earn it. The TEAM earned it and they have been given credit where credit is do. by the way they are not the first team to score that much on burnet this season midland christian scored 35 on them. but wharton is getting there respect they deserve so you dont have to keep saying they deserve respect or more you cant ask for respect and get it like that that kinda stuff makes people not wanna show you any credit for anything.You didn't even read my post correctly. I was saying I respeced YOU guys and that the Burnet fans who were there have a new-found respect for the Tigers. Dude, it was a gracious compliment to the Burnet team and fans, for Pete's sake! It's just the people who weren't there, for the most part, that I'm refering to. Folks take one look at the score and it is very misleading. I think my response was of a very mild nature seeing how we had just lost to you guys by 30+ points. Put yourself in our shoes, if you can. We have heard nothing but negativity about our team and town for quite sometime. All any of us want is for our boys to get what they have worked so very hard for and yes, HAVE EARNED, not demanded. My post came before alot of the other posts congratulating Wharton were posted. I see that now.The score was very mileading. Warthon gave us the best game of the year. I found a lot of respect for the tigers after that game. I think that we sould show alot of respect for # 79 for the tigers. He showed alot of class in that game. In my opion, he was the best sportsman in the game. I,m not saying that there was,nt others from warthon that was,nt but i thought he showed it more.

olddog73
11-24-2003, 11:40 PM
playa 3:
Burnet should be thanking their lucky stars that Wharton made so many unusual mistakes. This game would have gone down to the wire without the 20 points Wharton basically spotted Burnet throughout the game. As things are, Burnet does deserve credit for making the most of those mistakes.Playa 3, your a real piece of work!

playa 3
11-25-2003, 09:18 AM
Olddog, I'm not sure what you mean by "Playa 3, your a real piece of work", but the truth is Wharton made mistakes they haven't made all year, and they weren't mistakes forced by Burnet players. There were 2-3 forced turnovers, but the rest were just silly mistakes. Those silly mistakes led to at least 20 points that were just given away. I don't care if you agree or not, that's the way it is. And I gave Burnet the credit for playing a good game and winning.

Football GOD
11-27-2003, 11:32 PM
playa 3:
Olddog, I'm not sure what you mean by "Playa 3, your a real piece of work", but the truth is Wharton made mistakes they haven't made all year, and they weren't mistakes forced by Burnet players. There were 2-3 forced turnovers, but the rest were just silly mistakes. Those silly mistakes led to at least 20 points that were just given away. I don't care if you agree or not, that's the way it is. And I gave Burnet the credit for playing a good game and winning.HMMM SOUNDS CHEEZY!!!SINTON WINS SINTON WINS
UPSET OF THE YEAR .GO NOW BOUNCE BOUNCE
CHINGY BABY HUH THEN POW BAM OH YEA OH YEA!
BURNET GETS BOMBED IN THE HOOD,I LIKE THE WAY YOU DO IT RIGHT THURR I LIKE THAT!!!!NEXT?