PDA

View Full Version : Softball news for Phil

Phil C
04-14-2008, 09:08 AM
In District 30AAA it was Sinton 11 Orange Grove 1 and Mathis 13 West Oso3 in 5 innings.

Unfortunately, the paper didn't have the important score of Ingleside vs Aransas Pass softball score. This was an important game in the district. Can anyone help? :(

Phil C
04-14-2008, 09:23 AM
Gee I wish someone could tell me who won the Ingleside vs Aransas Pass softball game Friday night.

Phil C cares!

pirate4state
04-14-2008, 09:24 AM
Ingleside beat AP 11-0

pirate4state
04-14-2008, 09:25 AM
I try to keep the booster site updated with the standings. You can find the link for our booster site on the home page, under "links". :)

Phil C
04-14-2008, 09:38 AM
Thank you. I think the standings in 30AAA softball are

1. Sinton 8 - 0 District Champions

2 & 3. Tie between Orange Grove and Ingleside at 5 - 3

4. Aransas Pass at 4 - 4.

5. Mathis at 2 - 6

6. West Oso at 0 - 7

A key game Tuesday night is between Aransas Pass and Orange Grove Tuesday night. If Orange Grove wins they will cinch a playoff spot with Ingleside most likely. If Aransas Pass wins it will be a three way battle for the other 2 playoff spots.

This tears me up in that I have good friends at all three of the other schools so I must remain neutral. :(

Phil C
04-14-2008, 09:39 AM
Hey P4S does the Sinton Junior Varsity play tomorrow night against West Oso or is their season over?

pirate4state
04-14-2008, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Hey P4S does the Sinton Junior Varsity play tomorrow night against West Oso or is their season over? I don't think they'll have a game tomorrow, but they will finish out the season Friday night in Mathis.

Still trying to confirm tomorrow.

Phil C
04-14-2008, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I don't think they'll have a game tomorrow, but they will finish out the season Friday night in Mathis.

Still trying to confirm tomorrow.

Thank you. I am sure you are right because I don't think West Oso has a JV team.

pirate4state
04-14-2008, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Thank you. I am sure you are right because I don't think West Oso has a JV team. Well, the last time we played them they did, but they were one player short and one of our players played with them!!!! :eek: :eek: That was very strange.

Phil C
04-14-2008, 09:52 AM
I think the JV's haven't lost a game in District but Mathis was their closest competition earlier in the year as we beat them 3 - 1 thanks to a big inning where we scored three runs.

Phil C
04-14-2008, 09:55 AM
I am not sure where some of the games to be played but I think the remaining District 30AAA regular season softball schedule is now:

Tuesday April 15

West Oso at Sinton
Orange Grove vs Aransas Pass
Ingleside vs Mathis

Friday April 18

Sinton at Mathis
Ingleside at Orange Grove
Aransas Pass at West Oso

Ranger Mom
04-14-2008, 09:56 AM
Well, the last time we played them they did, but they were one player short and one of our players played with them!!!! :eek: :eek: That was very strange.

LOL!! How did THAT go?? Can you say SABOTAGE!!!:p

Phil C
04-14-2008, 09:57 AM
Well, the last time we played them they did, but they were one player short and one of our players played with them!!!! :eek: :eek: That was very strange.

:eek:

But what an example of good sportsmanship! :clap:

pirate4state
04-14-2008, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
LOL!! How did THAT go?? Can you say SABOTAGE!!!:p I think she caught a fly ball. LOL. I didn't see her bat against her teammates. That would have been REALLY weird! http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/zonk.gif

FutureAD
04-14-2008, 01:08 PM
I think she caught a fly ball. LOL. I didn't see her bat against her teammates. That would have been REALLY weird! http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/zonk.gif

did she have to go to the other dugout with the other team to and be coached by the other coach? lol

pirate4state
04-14-2008, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by FutureAD
did she have to go to the other dugout with the other team to and be coached by the other coach? lol I'm not sure. They were on defense when I arrived at the field and that's the first thing I noticed. I was like, "WTH, what is she doing playing for West Oso" the other moms filled me in. When the inning was over she came to Sinton's dugout, but then she did go over to the WO "huddle" before they hit and then I had other stuff to do and lost track of what was going on. West Oso didn't score any runs & I don't think she went to bat for them while I was there and then the game was over.

AP Panther Fan
04-14-2008, 01:45 PM
Ingleside beat AP 11-0

I think we scored 1, not that it mattered much.... :thinking: It has been a long weekend.

Sorry I just saw this thread Phil C.

3ABirdMan
04-14-2008, 01:46 PM
We will do that quiet a bit in travel ball, in pool games. It's better to loan out a payer, than NOBODY play because the other team is short.

When you do this, though, the player "on loan" usually bats with her own team, by supplying a second (or 3rd, or 4th etc) "loaner" to the other teams defense.

Also, in travel ball, it IS legal to play with 8, although you must have 9 TO START. Anything less is consiered a forfeit - which may still be played out with loaners to get everyone the game time and expereience, but the outcome is already settled.