PDA

View Full Version : Bellville Brahmas vs Giddings Buffaloes.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-13-2008, 11:41 PM
Bellville will head to Giddings for their final road game in district, in the 1st game Giddings saw Huebner, this round the Buffs will see ace Tallerine, will the Buffs pitch their ace or save him for Friday? Bellville needs only one win to be the District Champ. Bellville will have its last 2 game at home vs Caldwell and Navasota.

Bull's-eye
04-13-2008, 11:49 PM
Things seem to go the Buffs way when they play at home, so Bellville best be ready.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-14-2008, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Things seem to go the Buffs way when they play at home, so Bellville best be ready.

I wounder what crew (chapter) will show up?

Bull19
04-14-2008, 08:58 AM
i have a feeling this game will be alot closer compared to the first time they played. bellville will have to bring the bats to this one if they wanna win it.

buff4ever
04-14-2008, 09:34 AM
HEY FBB, don't start that crap oh buddy. I haven't even ever heard of us getting love on the home baseball field. Don't let your bitter football and basketball losses to the buffs carry your sorrows into baseball season. You guys have the upper hand here.

Everyone knows your pitchers get the calls others don't, it has been well known all over the district!:D ;)

Brahma84
04-14-2008, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by buff4ever

Everyone knows your pitchers get the calls others don't, it has been well known all over the district!:D ;)

What exactly are you talking about?

buff4ever
04-14-2008, 10:48 AM
note the wink and big grin at the end dude.:D

Bull19
04-14-2008, 10:54 AM
who is pitching for both teams tomm? is the kid from giddings who started the first game against bellville pitching tomm's game as well?

buffbaseball
04-14-2008, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
who is pitching for both teams tomm? is the kid from giddings who started the first game against bellville pitching tomm's game as well?

no, the buffs will start berry, the big first baseman. im not sure wat bull19 is talking abt, the game not bein close, giddings led 4-1 heading into bot 6th, but walks led to every one of the 5 runs scored that inning. i think giddings will be able to hit tallerine after facing eubanks from caldwell who throws extremely hard. tallerine doesnt throw as hard and i feel the buffs will get the bat around on him easier than against eubanks.

Buffgal
04-14-2008, 12:10 PM
Earlier posts indicated Tallerine starting for Bellville.

Do not have info on Giddings starter but Masek pitched Friday vs Caldwell so I would guess he would be rested and our choices would be narrowed down to Berry or Francis. Berry has seen the most time recently.

Bull19
04-14-2008, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by buffbaseball
i think giddings will be able to hit tallerine after facing eubanks from caldwell who throws extremely hard. tallerine doesnt throw as hard and i feel the buffs will get the bat around on him easier than against eubanks.

if you think eubanks throws "extremely hard" i guess tallerine throws so hard the ball can't be seen.

buffbaseball
04-14-2008, 01:24 PM
if you think eubanks throws "extremely hard" i guess tallerine throws so hard the ball can't be seen.

how hard does tallerine throw? i know at the giddings/caldwell game at caldwell, a scout had eubanks as fast as 87 mph. nothing against tallerine, good pitcher, i just highly doubt he can throw 87

Bull19
04-14-2008, 01:34 PM
how hard does tallerine throw? i know at the giddings/caldwell game at caldwell, a scout had eubanks as fast as 87 mph. nothing against tallerine, good pitcher, i just highly doubt he can throw 87 and i highly doubt eubanks throws 87. if he threw 87 and could throw strikes, caldwell wouldnt be fighting for a playoff spot in a weak district.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-14-2008, 01:35 PM
how hard does tallerine throw? i know at the giddings/caldwell game at caldwell, a scout had eubanks as fast as 87 mph.

I wounder if you were at the same game this guy from Caldwell was at, he said eubanks was throwing 92 and above?

Tallerine has a good curve, have you hit a good curve ball pitcher?

Chopblock
04-14-2008, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
I wounder what crew (chapter) will show up?

College Station Chapter

buffbaseball
04-14-2008, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
I wounder if you were at the same game this guy from Caldwell was at, he said eubanks was throwing 92 and above?

Tallerine has a good curve, have you hit a good curve ball pitcher?

i was at the same game and there is NO WAY he threw 92+. he threw 87 four times and all four were balls chest high. but 87 is 87. and to answer your question yes i have hit a good curveball pitcher. ever heard of kyle drabek? 1-3 against him only hit was off his curveball, lol. his fastball was like trying to hit smoke

Brahma84
04-14-2008, 02:21 PM
What is so important about a number?? Tallerine does not throw that hard, but has lots of movement and usually has good location. I think location and movement are just as important as speed.(unless you are in the upper 90's) When he's on he can keep batters off balance and can be hard to hit.

buff4life
04-14-2008, 04:17 PM
ok...eubanks throws harder than tallerine, by a fairly large disparity...tallerine relies on hitting spots and changing speeds anyone who thinks he is a power pitcher is completely fooling themselves

Bull19
04-14-2008, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
ok...eubanks throws harder than tallerine, by a fairly large disparity...tallerine relies on hitting spots and changing speeds anyone who thinks he is a power pitcher is completely fooling themselves
tallerine is not a power pitcher, but his fastball definitntly has some pop on it though.

clearly though the so called "power pitching" outa caldwell aint doing too much good based on their record.

buff4life
04-14-2008, 04:28 PM
tallerine is not a power pitcher, but his fastball definitntly has some pop on it though.

clearly though the so called "power pitching" outa caldwell aint doing too much good based on their record.

true...tallering might hit 80 he didn't throw that hard last year when i faced him but i'm saying a year later he probably throws harder...

and you're right, just because a person can through hard doesn't mean power pitching, but if its accurate, you still gotat have an offense lol

trg
04-14-2008, 04:41 PM
Good luck to the Bulls tomorrow against Giddings. Bring home the WIN.
We love you #5!!

zebrablue2
04-14-2008, 04:44 PM
good luck to both teams on tuesday. lets have a good district 23 battle, and may the best team win...

bvillebrahma010
04-14-2008, 09:45 PM
im not sure wat bull19 is talking abt, the game not bein close, giddings led 4-1 heading into bot 6th, but walks led to every one of the 5 runs scored that inning.

it crawls my spine when people blame a game being lost on a few things! what about the runners left on base? what about the error you made? stop making excuses to why you lose.

buff4life
04-14-2008, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by bvillebrahma010
im not sure wat bull19 is talking abt, the game not bein close, giddings led 4-1 heading into bot 6th, but walks led to every one of the 5 runs scored that inning.

it crawls my spine when people blame a game being lost on a few things! what about the runners left on base? what about the error you made? stop making excuses to why you lose.

he's proving his point that it was a close loss...last time i checked 6-4 is pretty close

nette_mom
04-15-2008, 08:06 AM
Good Luck to the Brahmas!!!!!

48minutes
04-15-2008, 08:22 AM
Finally tuesday, lets go buffs get the bats going tonight.

Daddy D 11
04-15-2008, 08:24 AM

so Tallerine throws in the 90s then? Because Eubanks throws right at that, this summer i saw him top out at 92 on the guns in Atlanta.

Now granted that was this summer, but i have a hard time believing he is throwing any slower..the kids a beast:eek:

Bull19
04-15-2008, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
so Tallerine throws in the 90s then? Because Eubanks throws right at that, this summer i saw him top out at 92 on the guns in Atlanta.

Now granted that was this summer, but i have a hard time believing he is throwing any slower..the kids a beast:eek: if this kid throws soooo hard and is soooooo good why does caldwell have the record they have???????? something does not add up.

Daddy D 11
04-15-2008, 08:43 AM
if this kid throws soooo hard and is soooooo good why does caldwell have the record they have???????? something does not add up.

i honestly cant answer that, for i havnt seen Caldwell play this year. But i know that he does throw that hard, i never said that he's going to win every game and that he is soooo good. I simply stated that Colton throw hard and that Giddings probably wont have any trouble adjusting to Tallerine except for the fact that Tallerine throws from the left side right? A lefty that throws harder than Colton is definitly a scary thought lol

State_In_08
04-15-2008, 09:09 AM
Colton Eubanks does not throw 92. Bottom line. Not even 90. He may have hit 87 like twice against us, but he lived around 82-85.

Bull19
04-15-2008, 09:09 AM
i honestly cant answer that, for i havnt seen Caldwell play this year. But i know that he does throw that hard, i never said that he's going to win every game and that he is soooo good. I simply stated that Colton throw hard and that Giddings probably wont have any trouble adjusting to Tallerine except for the fact that Tallerine throws from the left side right? A lefty that throws harder than Colton is definitly a scary thought lol

yes he throws left, and no he doesnt throw 90. hit low 80's on a good day.

everybody keeps saying how caldwell has such good pitching, but look at their record! this is 3a baseball, and caldwell played a really weak schedule. im just saying if these two boys are so great why arent they winning. in 3abaseball a pithcer who is good and throws high 80's and esp low 90's should rarely give up more than one run in a game (esp. in this district) . period. im just saying... my 2 cents. take it or leave it.

Daddy D 11
04-15-2008, 09:56 AM
yes he throws left, and no he doesnt throw 90. hit low 80's on a good day.

everybody keeps saying how caldwell has such good pitching, but look at their record! this is 3a baseball, and caldwell played a really weak schedule. im just saying if these two boys are so great why arent they winning. in 3abaseball a pithcer who is good and throws high 80's and esp low 90's should rarely give up more than one run in a game (esp. in this district) . period. im just saying... my 2 cents. take it or leave it.

couldnt agree more. thats all you need at the 3a level. And i wasnt aware that they had 2 good pitchers, i know Osch is supposed to be coming on but IMO thought that Eubanks was what was goign to carry Caldwell this year? Run support and defense also need to be considered, maybe he is getting neither on some nights? But i'm definitly going to have to make a playoff game to watch this Tallerine kid pitch, sound like a good southpaw from what i've heard.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-15-2008, 10:50 AM
couldnt agree more. thats all you need at the 3a level. And i wasnt aware that they had 2 good pitchers, i know Osch is supposed to be coming on but IMO thought that Eubanks was what was goign to carry Caldwell this year? Run support and defense also need to be considered, maybe he is getting neither on some nights? But i'm definitly going to have to make a playoff game to watch this Tallerine kid pitch, sound like a good southpaw from what i've heard.

Tallerine sould pitch tonight, said is he will not throw vs Caldwell, Bellville will pitch #2 or #3 vs Caldwell, and Bellville only needs 1 more win to be the District champ, if that happens tonight, Cerny will probley play some of his other pitchers to get some work in. Rest the top pitchers.

buffbaseball
04-15-2008, 12:05 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Daddy D 11
[B]couldnt agree more. thats all you need at the 3a level. And i wasnt aware that they had 2 good pitchers, i know Osch is supposed to be coming on but IMO thought that Eubanks was what was goign to carry Caldwell this year? Run support and defense also need to be considered, maybe he is getting neither on some nights?

Eubanks is definitely a good pitcher, when he gets hit, most of the time the ball is up in the zone. also most of the hits he gives up are pretty weak hits, but hits nonetheless. also, caldwell's defense has been a bit shaky at points this year. all of these factors i think can answer anyone's question about the lack of caldwell's dominance

I_DONT_CARE
04-15-2008, 12:23 PM
GO BUFFS!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-15-2008, 12:59 PM
Whats up in Giddings?, Someone Pm me, just heard the news.

buff4life
04-15-2008, 02:35 PM
I have no idea what you're talking about

Bull19
04-15-2008, 02:36 PM
I have no idea what you're talking about

ask dock. or anbody else for that matter. they know

buff4life
04-15-2008, 02:37 PM
at the softball game or in giddings in general?

Bull19
04-15-2008, 02:41 PM
at the softball game or in giddings in general? pm me before i get kicked off this thread

KL3
04-15-2008, 06:53 PM
So is Bellville vs. Caldwell this Friday in Bellville or not?

nette_mom
04-15-2008, 10:22 PM
Bellville over Giddings 11-4

Congratulations Brahmas!!!!

Bull's-eye
04-15-2008, 10:34 PM
D23-3A Champions! :clap: :clap: :clap:

48minutes
04-15-2008, 10:41 PM
Congrats to the bellville shortstop for hitting 2 homeruns.. one being a grandslam.

Was a good game at 4 to 3 until bellville scored 7 in one inning.

Bull19
04-15-2008, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by KL3
So is Bellville vs. Caldwell this Friday in Bellville or not?

yes kl3. in bellville at knight field.

Bull's-eye
04-16-2008, 01:59 AM
If Bellville can continue to get this kind of run production, they could be very tough in the playoffs.