PDA

View Full Version : What's happened to 3A Downlow?

Bull's-eye
04-13-2008, 11:36 PM
Just got on the site and I see threads about diapers, trips, bottled water, language and coffee made out of dung. I thought this site was primary about 3A sports and other sports in general. I'm sure I will stir a few feathers, but we may need to take a look at how this site can take a turn in a better direction.

I'm on another site where they only allow veteran posters to start a new topic. Rookies have to earn their time and all posters must stick to the subject of each thread. They do allow each poster to express his views, whether good or bad. IMO, our site could be a lot better.

kepdawg
04-13-2008, 11:51 PM
You've been here 4.5 years and you haven't figure things out yet? :thinking:

Panther One
04-13-2008, 11:53 PM
It really wouldn't be a bad idea to increase the number of boards. I could think of two more...General Discussion and Other Sports Discussion.

kepdawg
04-13-2008, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
It really wouldn't be a bad idea to increase the number of boards. I could think of two more...General Discussion and Other Sports Discussion.

Haha! Good luck with all that!

Bull's-eye
04-13-2008, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
You've been here 4.5 years and you haven't figure things out yet? :thinking:

It seems to be getting worse. :(

This was a very good site a few years back. We may want to limit some of the useless threads.

kepdawg
04-13-2008, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye

This was a very good site a few years back. We may want to limit some of the useless threads.

I don't think it's any worse than usual this time of year. If we limit the useless threads there won't be many threads.

Bull's-eye
04-13-2008, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Panther One

I'm on another site and they have different boards. This seems to work a lot better.

kepdawg
04-13-2008, 11:57 PM
I'm on another site and they have different boards. This seems to work a lot better.

That discussion has been had numerous times on this board and it is not going to happen.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-14-2008, 12:01 AM
I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?" "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet. You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times." It was all true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach. He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

-Jack Handey

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-14-2008, 12:02 AM
Just got on the site and I see threads about diapers, trips, bottled water, language and coffee made out of dung. I thought this site was primary about 3A sports and other sports in general. I'm sure I will stir a few feathers, but we may need to take a look at how this site can take a turn in a better direction.

I'm on another site where they only allow veteran posters to start a new topic. Rookies have to earn their time and all posters must stick to the subject of each thread. They do allow each poster to express his views, whether good or bad. IMO, our site could be a lot better.

Use to be more sports, now if you talk sports you have to watch what you say, and who you talk about. This other site allows the poster to express views good or bad? If it happens and it is true, and has something to do with 3a sports it sould be heard.
Good point Bull's-eye!

kepdawg
04-14-2008, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Use to be more sports, now if you talk sports you have to watch what you say, and who you talk about. This other site allows the poster to express views good or bad. If it happens and it is true, and has something to do with 3a sports it sould be heard.
Good point Bull's-eye!

Have fun on that other site! :wave:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-14-2008, 12:09 AM
Well, seeing as how there is very little football to discuss, what's the point in bringing this up right now? During football season, there is a lot of information and insight provided on here by loyal and dedicated fans, but we're people to, who talk about real world things and share stories and jokes with each other. It's more than just an informal place to stop and discuss all football, all the time; it's a place where people create friendships all the way across Texas. If it is such a problem and you dislike the way things are, then what is keeping you here? This place has survived and thrived by being the way it is now, and to the people that it matter to, i.e. the moderators, administrators, and the veterans on the board. That is who it counts to, along with the people who stop in and see it and want to be a part of this community. The reason that it isn't allowed to criticize a high school athlete on here is because it is tactless, they are people to with family, friends, and reputations and it isn't upon the shoulders of a group of mostly adults to try to tear it to shreds. That's just my $0.02 about it, take it or leave it, but this place isn't going to change for you.

Bull's-eye
04-14-2008, 12:14 AM
All I'm saying is that if you want to post about coffee dung, put it somewhere else.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-14-2008, 12:16 AM
All I'm saying is that if you want to post about coffee dung, put it somewhere else.

I'm assuming that you're an adult and familiar with the fact that you're not always going to get what you want. My best advice is to deal with it, ignore it if you have to, but it's not going to change just because it's not your cup of tea.

Bull's-eye
04-14-2008, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I'm assuming that you're an adult and familiar with the fact that you're not always going to get what you want. My best advice is to deal with it, ignore it if you have to, but it's not going to change just because it's not your cup of tea.

Yes, I'm an adult. I'm not sure why a few suggestions about trying to improve this site seems to bother you. Panther One had a great suggestion about adding some more boards. I'm sure I'm not the only poster that gets tired of digging through the garbage to find the good sports threads.

FutureAD
04-14-2008, 12:30 AM
seems like this idea is brought up about every month...and every month it gets shot down...ya your probably thinking i havent been on that long but i have been reading for about 3 or 4 years...but just started posting...doesnt seem like its gonna change pretty much like beating a dead horse

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-14-2008, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by FutureAD
seems like this idea is brought up about every month...and every month it gets shot down...ya your probably thinking i havent been on that long but i have been reading for about 3 or 4 years...but just started posting...doesnt seem like its gonna change pretty much like beating a dead horse

Beating a dead horse is pretty fun and enjoyable.

STANG RED
04-14-2008, 12:52 AM
I'll never understand why people will pop up occasionally and cry and complain about how this site is ran, and the off topics, and claim how much better other sites are. FINE, GO TO THE OTHER SITE AND CRY, SO WE DONT HAVE TO READ IT!!! :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

piratebg
04-14-2008, 12:56 AM
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc110/F4_PhantomII/beatingdeadhorse.jpg

:D

Bull's-eye
04-14-2008, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I'll never understand why people will pop up occasionally and cry and complain about how this site is ran, and the off topics, and claim how much better other sites are. FINE, GO TO THE OTHER SITE AND CRY, SO WE DONT HAVE TO READ IT!!! :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

Sorry, just trying to make a few suggestions to make this a better site. I have been reading this site fot about 7 years and posting about 4-1/2 years. I do go to the other site (NBA team) and I like the way they have the different boards. I feel that I have brought a lot to this site, whether it's posting scores or discussing sports. I don't need you to tell me to go to the other site and I don't appreciate the big cry smilies.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-14-2008, 01:17 AM
Well, in all honesty, this thread isn't about football discussion. Don't you think it's a little off topic for the theme of the forum? Shame on you.

Bull's-eye
04-14-2008, 01:22 AM
Well, in all honesty, this thread isn't about football discussion. Don't you think it's a little off topic for the theme of the forum? Shame on you.

Grow up BBDE, you're childish posts are unneccessary.

sinton66
04-14-2008, 05:55 AM
One problem with multiple forums is that it creates too much work on the moderators because they constantly have to move threads to the "correct" forum. For instance, this thread could have gone in the SUGGESTIONS forum. Several of these have before.

We have done several polls on this subject and 70% of the membership likes it the way it is. If you don't believe that, feel free to put your own poll up.

As far as the dung coffee, the thread's title was fairly clear. I've seen and removed far worse on here.

When I opened this thread, I noticed that 16 of the 27 threads displayed on the first page are sports related. That's fairly normal for post football season.

LH Panther Mom
04-14-2008, 06:07 AM
Page 1: 13 of 25 (not counting stickies or announcements)
Page 2: 16 of 25
Page 3: 11 of 25
Page 4: 12 of 25
Page 5: 14 of 25

I only went back 3 days, to Friday morning. 52.8% of the threads being sports related in some way is not a bad percentage, considering it's the off-season. I can go to other boards dedicated to HIGH SCHOOL sports, and find a handful of threads that have been posted on the last 3 days, and nowhere near 1 page, much less 5.

Contributing to the "non-sports related" threads while griping about the "non-sports related" threads doesn't seem to accomplish much, IMO. :)

nobogey72
04-14-2008, 06:16 AM
Yes, I'm an adult. I'm not sure why a few suggestions about trying to improve this site seems to bother you. Panther One had a great suggestion about adding some more boards. I'm sure I'm not the only poster that gets tired of digging through the garbage to find the good sports threads.

How long could it take to find the topics you are interested in, or are up to your standards? Just merely browse down the list till you see something about softball, baseball, track, spring training, preseason polls, etc. That's about all that's going on right now. I happen to find it quite interesting and thought provoking that Buffy Mars has no nipples. You obviously don't share that interest. That is your right. :thinking: :thinking:

3afan
04-14-2008, 07:06 AM

who is to judge what is "useless" and whats not ???

waterboy
04-14-2008, 07:31 AM
I think the diversity of this board is what makes it fun.......and funny at times. I think you need to lighten up a bit. How else will you get to know the people on this board without provoking thought outside the sports related topics. If it's sports only topics you want, then just scroll down the page and ignore the topics you're not interested in. That's what I would do.:nerd: :D

Txbroadcaster
04-14-2008, 07:35 AM
Well we should all just blame BuffyMars!!! LOL

BuffyMars
04-14-2008, 07:37 AM

Cmon it is the OFFSEASON, Jeez I was just having fun

sinton66
04-14-2008, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Well we should all just blame BuffyMars!!! LOL

If we decide on fifty lashes with a wet noodle, can we depend on you to administer it?

DaHop72
04-14-2008, 07:52 AM
Well, seeing as how there is very little football to discuss, what's the point in bringing this up right now? During football season, there is a lot of information and insight provided on here by loyal and dedicated fans, but we're people to, who talk about real world things and share stories and jokes with each other. It's more than just an informal place to stop and discuss all football, all the time; it's a place where people create friendships all the way across Texas. If it is such a problem and you dislike the way things are, then what is keeping you here? This place has survived and thrived by being the way it is now, and to the people that it matter to, i.e. the moderators, administrators, and the veterans on the board. That is who it counts to, along with the people who stop in and see it and want to be a part of this community. The reason that it isn't allowed to criticize a high school athlete on here is because it is tactless, they are people to with family, friends, and reputations and it isn't upon the shoulders of a group of mostly adults to try to tear it to shreds. That's just my $0.02 about it, take it or leave it, but this place isn't going to change for you. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

ASUFrisbeeStud
04-14-2008, 08:05 AM
I like all the news and pointless non sports stuff. I think that if it were football season you wouldn't see near as many of those types of threads. I think we have a community here that discusses current events and whatever suits them, I don't think we need to change.

eppy 12
04-14-2008, 08:11 AM
All I'm saying is that if you want to post about coffee dung, put it somewhere else. http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l239/eppy12/animal.jpg
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l239/eppy12/thhappy.jpg

I_DONT_CARE
04-14-2008, 08:17 AM
http://rhyn.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/illu-crying-baby.gif

eppy 12
04-14-2008, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by I_DONT_CARE
http://rhyn.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/illu-crying-baby.gif :clap:

Bull19
04-14-2008, 08:56 AM
the reason why this board is turning to crap is because certain people have certain "teams" they are on and if other posters aren't part of those certain people's teams, all opinions, suggestions, etc. are looked at as stupid.

pirate4state
04-14-2008, 09:05 AM
I'm on another site where they only allow veteran posters to start a new topic. Rookies have to earn their time and all posters must stick to the subject of each thread. They do allow each poster to express his views, whether good or bad. IMO, our site could be a lot better. :eek: wow....I don't think that would ever fly here. As much as some of the rookies bug me with their "useless threads/posts" unless they break a rule they have the right to post what they'd like.

As for allowing each poster to express his/her views, whether good or bad, well good for them! There are some subjects that we will NOT allow discussion on for the good of the board.

Was this really about non sports topics or are you just mad because I wouldn't allow what happened at the Giddings/Bellville game to be discussed? :thinking:

Sweetwater Red
04-14-2008, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Bull19
the reason why this board is turning to crap is because certain people have certain "teams" they are on and if other posters aren't part of those certain people's teams, all opinions, suggestions, etc. are looked at as stupid.

The Astros suck and the Rangers don't.:devil:

LH Panther Mom
04-14-2008, 09:06 AM
Oh, the irony!

non-sports related (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=80181)

Ranger Mom
04-14-2008, 09:08 AM

Then leave!!!

This board is one of the fastest growing sports boards around. I researched other sports boards just last week and this one is BY FAR the most fast paced! The fact that it is dedicated to one class and not all classes makes that fact even more astounding!!

I back the Greenwood Rangers and we haven't done well the past couple of years...no one slams me for rooting for a sub-par team! I don't understand where you are coming from there.

If it has turned to crap, then why are you here?? If it is such an awful board, then why hang around?

I don't expect everyone to like my team, nor am I expected to like everyone else's!!!

Sweetwater Red
04-14-2008, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Oh, the irony!

non-sports related (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=80181)

Then just like that. Something jumped up and bit me!:thinking: :D :clap:

Phil C
04-14-2008, 09:15 AM

"Things are stirred up here" said the Sinton GodFather stopping by while on his way to the snack bar for a cup of coffee.

BuffyMars
04-14-2008, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
"Things are stirred up here" said the Sinton GodFather stopping by while on his way to the snack bar for a cup of coffee.

well don't say i didn't warn you. :p

Adidas410s
04-14-2008, 09:20 AM
Hate it or love it...welcome to the downlow circa 2006/2007/2008/etc...:(

venomous tat2
04-14-2008, 10:01 AM
Well , Bulls-Eye my friend you're gonna have to treat the threds on here kinda like direc tv tune in to what you like and what ya don't like skip over it . Threds on here are like conversations it may start off on one subject and end up on another one but thats the nature on a conversation it happens all the time . Calm down old man, lol you ain't gonna win this one :D

LH Panther Mom
04-14-2008, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Hate it or love it...welcome to the downlow circa 2006/2007/2008/etc...:(

Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Then leave!!!

LH Panther Mom
04-14-2008, 10:27 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/smilies/hitthefan.gif

waterboy
04-14-2008, 10:35 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/smilies/hitthefan.gif
:doh: :evillol: :clap: :eek: :D

Where do you get these smileys?:eek:

big daddy russ
04-14-2008, 10:43 AM
If it wasn't for the non-sports threads, this site would be dead. The Downlow does a better job of tying in everyday banter with sports than any sports forum I've been on. The only ones that do it this well that I've come across are a few car and home audio forums. The extra stuff is the ONLY reason the Downlow remains this active during the offseason.

Take the poop coffee and fishing threads out of the site, it just becomes another football forum. Nothing special there. I prefer the DL just the way it is... active.

STANG RED
04-14-2008, 10:43 AM
I dont know if this is even possible, but if so, here is a suggestion. Can a filter be put into place that is a checkbox that will only allow sports related threads to show up to those who only want sports related thread?
Then if someone comes on complaining about the non sports content they can promptly be told to check the sports only box and leave the rest of us alone with out dung and nipple threads.

Adidas410s
04-14-2008, 10:54 AM
I dont know if this is even possible, but if so, here is a suggestion. Can a filter be put into place that is a checkbox that will only allow sports related threads to show up to those who only want sports related thread?
Then if someone comes on complaining about the non sports content they can promptly be told to check the sports only box and leave the rest of us alone with out dung and nipple threads.
I think the gripe that comes up is that there aren't seperate forums for "general discussion" and "sports/football/boobs/etc."

It would require a lot of manual work for somebody to notate a thread as "sports" or not and make sure it showed up in a sports related filter. I guess you could add something that they have to check "sports" or "non-sports" when posting a thread...but that would be giving too much power to the individual poster and we can't have that.

Ranger Mom
04-14-2008, 10:58 AM
I think the gripe that comes up is that there aren't seperate forums for "general discussion" and "sports/football/boobs/etc."

It would require a lot of manual work for somebody to notate a thread as "sports" or not and make sure it showed up in a sports related filter. I guess you could add something that they have to check "sports" or "non-sports" when posting a thread...but that would be giving too much power to the individual poster and we can't have that.

I remember when the 4A board first started up....they had separate forums and it was SLOW SLOW SLOW!

When the put their format to the same as this one, that board picked up quite a bit!

I personally like the idea of being able to denote whether a thread is sports or non-sports!! Sure would save us having to read all these threads complaining about it every few weeks.

But.....I have seen many a sports thread turn into something else entirely....so then we are back at square one again!!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-14-2008, 11:03 AM
Grow up BBDE, you're childish posts are unneccessary.

Don't get mad, I was just trying to point out that this thread too is off topic and not football discussion. I'm on your side, see? ;)

STANG RED
04-14-2008, 11:05 AM
I remember when the 4A board first started up....they had separate forums and it was SLOW SLOW SLOW!

When the put their format to the same as this one, that board picked up quite a bit!

I personally like the idea of being able to denote whether a thread is sports or non-sports!! Sure would save us having to read all these threads complaining about it every few weeks.

But.....I have seen many a sports thread turn into something else entirely....so then we are back at square one again!!

:(

Well it was worth a shot. I guess we'll just have to listen to the occasional crying then. Oh well, this is still the best board around anyway. Think I'll stick around a while longer myself.
:inlove:

eppy 12
04-14-2008, 11:27 AM
Then leave!!!

This board is one of the fastest growing sports boards around. I researched other sports boards just last week and this one is BY FAR the most fast paced! The fact that it is dedicated to one class and not all classes makes that fact even more astounding!!

I back the Greenwood Rangers and we haven't done well the past couple of years...no one slams me for rooting for a sub-par team! I don't understand where you are coming from there.

If it has turned to crap, then why are you here?? If it is such an awful board, then why hang around?

I don't expect everyone to like my team, nor am I expected to like everyone else's!!! don't you mean "take your toys and go home?"

Ranger Mom
04-14-2008, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Use to be more sports, now if you talk sports you have to watch what you say, and who you talk about. This other site allows the poster to express views good or bad? If it happens and it is true, and has something to do with 3a sports it sould be heard.
Good point Bull's-eye!

If it stayed that way, that would be one thing...but it always ends up in bashing!!

THAT is what gets the thread closed....not the initial information that was provided!

eppy 12
04-14-2008, 12:09 PM
:D i like nipple threads....dung's o.k..:thinking:

Ranger Mom
04-14-2008, 12:12 PM

or dung coffee!!!

Sorry...I couldn't resist!:p

Bull's-eye
04-14-2008, 12:14 PM
I think the gripe that comes up is that there aren't seperate forums for "general discussion" and "sports/football/boobs/etc.".

Finally, somebody that gets what I'm talking about. First off all, I'm not trying to get rid of the non sports posts. I only suggested if we could put them on a seperate board. Some of the moderators posted how that wouldn't work, so I'm content with their answers. No, I wasn't mad about a softball thread being closed. If you go back (Pirate4state), I stated it was a touchy subject and that FBB should send me a PM. I did get on last night and had to go through a lot of posts before I found some good quality sports threads. This was only a suggestion and I have seen it work on another site. It's kind of sad when somebody makes a suggestion and several posters tell them to leave. As posters of this site, we can all do a better job to improve this site.

Maroon87
04-14-2008, 12:15 PM
I never have understood why there are some whose lives grind to a halt because of what happens on a message board. :nerd:

If I don't like the topics I either a) don't post or b) don't visit the site for a day or two until there are some topics that interest me. It really isn't that hard.

Ranger Mom
04-14-2008, 12:18 PM
Finally, somebody that gets what I'm talking about. First off all, I'm not trying to get rid of the non sports posts. I only suggested if we could put them on a seperate board. Some of the moderators posted how that wouldn't work, so I'm content with their answers. No, I wasn't mad about a softball thread being closed. If you go back (Pirate4state), I stated it was a touchy subject and that FBB should send me a PM. I did get on last night and had to go through a lot of posts before I found some good quality sports threads. This was only a suggestion and I have seen it work on another site. It's kind of sad when somebody makes a suggestion and several posters tell them to leave. As posters of this site, we can all do a better job to improve this site.

As Sinton66 stated before, the idea of separate forums has been put to a vote SEVERAL times, with the overwhelming results always being the same..."LEAVE THE BOARD EXACTLY LIKE IT IS". If the vote was different, we would probably try something different!!

I am a member of several other boards myself, the ones with separate forum I very rarely post in....I just don't like them personally!

Ranger Mom
04-14-2008, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I never have understood why there are some whose lives grind to a halt because of what happens on a message board. :nerd:

If I don't like the topics I either a) don't post or b) don't visit the site for a day or two until there are some topics that interest me. It really isn't that hard.

Since you are a mod on the 4A site.....what is your opinion on the separate forums, since you have seen both set-ups on that board?

eppy 12
04-14-2008, 12:21 PM
It really isn't that hard. but the good news is
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l239/eppy12/cialis20.jpg;) ;)

Maroon87
04-14-2008, 12:27 PM
Since you are a mod on the 4A site.....what is your opinion on the separate forums, since you have seen both set-ups on that board?

I would actually like seperate forums. It's more to moderate but we're not exactly swamped over there. Plus, it would prevent conversations like this one...;)

Maroon87
Originally posted by eppy 12
but the good news is
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l239/eppy12/cialis20.jpg;) ;)

Funny how you had that picture just laying around...:thinking: :p

eppy 12
I would actually like seperate forums. It's more to moderate but we're not exactly swamped over there. Plus, it would prevent conversations like this one...;) :( :(

espn1
04-14-2008, 12:42 PM

It's the same as it's always been. It does kind of freak me out though. How can a grown man like me keep coming back to this Site. I don't post that often but I just can't seem to stay away.:confused: :confused: :confused:

Ranger Mom
04-14-2008, 12:44 PM
I would actually like seperate forums. It's more to moderate but we're not exactly swamped over there. Plus, it would prevent conversations like this one...;)

LOL!! Is it just my imagination, but did the board seem to get more active when yall joined all the forum into one?

pirate4state
04-14-2008, 12:46 PM
I would actually like seperate forums. It's more to moderate but we're not exactly swamped over there. Plus, it would prevent conversations like this one...;) Well, we could always make a separate forum and YOU could moderate it. :eek: :devil:

totally kidding...i like the board with just ONE forum. there is another site i visit has multiple sports forums (football, baseball, softball, volleyball, general discussion, etc...) it doesn't get NEAR the traffic that we get.

I think it would help if people would be more considerate in properly naming their threads, i.e. - HS BASEBALL: Sinton vs West Oso; MLB: Detriot Sux & here's why :devil:, etc....

Bull's-eye
04-14-2008, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
totally kidding...i like the board with just ONE forum. there is another site i visit has multiple sports forums (football, baseball, softball, volleyball, general discussion, etc...) it doesn't get NEAR the traffic that we get.

I'm on another forum that has several boards and they get way more traffic than this one. This may be the main reason they have to limit or seperate their forums. 3ADL has grown so much that one day it may consider this route. Maybe the % of non-sports have not increased, but we do have many more posters.

Ranger Mom
04-14-2008, 01:05 PM
I'm on another forum that has several boards and they get way more traffic than this one. This may be the main reason they have to limit or seperate their forums. 3ADL has grown so much that one day it may consider this route. Maybe the % of non-sports have not increased, but we do have many more posters.

We actually tried something like that last football season, it seems.

Non-football posts were asked to be posted in the suggestion forum, if that went over, we were considering MAYBE putting in a different forum.

The few people who posted there didn't like it because their posts pretty much sat there unnoticed.

We also ask, during the season, that posters cut-back on the NF threads....but that is almost pointless to ask, because by that time, we are all pretty much ready to talk about football 24/7.

waterboy
04-14-2008, 04:01 PM
Where is this 4A Downlow that y'all speak of? I might go over there and check it out...........if only I could find it. Can somebody help?:helpme:

LH Panther Mom
04-14-2008, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Where is this 4A Downlow that y'all speak of? I might go over there and check it out...........if only I could find it. Can somebody help?:helpme:
Check the homepage under links OR www.texaaaasports.com .

AP Panther Fan
04-14-2008, 04:11 PM
by that time, we are all pretty much ready to talk about football 24/7.

well, not ALL of us....;) :D

IHStangFan
04-14-2008, 04:14 PM
I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?" "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet. You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times." It was all true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach. He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

-Jack Handey LMAO!!! Excellent delivery! :clap:

waterboy
04-14-2008, 05:06 PM
Check the homepage under links OR www.texaaaasports.com .
Thanks. I'll be over there from time to time.......when things are too slow or lame over here.:D

Ranger Mom
04-14-2008, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Thanks. I'll be over there from time to time.......when things are too slow or lame over here.:D

They are seldom slow....lame is a matter of opinion!!:p :p

Fal44
04-14-2008, 10:18 PM
Nothing is wrong with the downlow:D, keeps me busy at work and usually find out my news on here.. like the youtube video of the girl getting beat or the lady on the toilet was classic :D

VWG
04-14-2008, 11:42 PM

I only went back 3 days, to Friday morning. 52.8% of the threads being sports related in some way is not a bad percentage, considering it's the off-season. I can go to other boards dedicated to HIGH SCHOOL sports, and find a handful of threads that have been posted on the last 3 days, and nowhere near 1 page, much less 5.

Contributing to the "non-sports related" threads while griping about the "non-sports related" threads doesn't seem to accomplish much, IMO. :)

I counted 9 tonight... and I am not counting "greatest NBA dunks" and other stuff like that.
I saw maybe 4-5 useful HS sports posts... other than that it's pretty weak.
I have been on this board for a long time.
No need for me to post on BS topics. Give me the facts, talk sports, and move on.
I don't care about 4 yr. old kids joining gangs, or other BS topics. Probably the same idiots that pick up the National Enquirer at the check out line at Wal-Mart.

Ranger Mom
04-14-2008, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by VWG
I counted 9 tonight... and I am not counting "greatest NBA dunks" and other stuff like that.
No need for me to post on BS topics. Give me the facts, talk sports, and move on.
I don't care about 4 yr. old kids joining gangs, or other BS topics. Probably the same idiots that pick up the National Enquirer at the check out line at Wal-Mart.

So....are you saying that the 4 y/o's parents are the idiots that pick up the National Enquirer??

Or.....the person who posts those type threads are the idiots??

Or....anyone that responds on one of those "BS" threads is an idiot??

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

You have to admit that it is NOT like this during football season!!!

pirate4state
04-14-2008, 11:54 PM
So....are you saying that the 4 y/o's parents are the idiots that pick up the National Enquirer??

Or.....the person who posts those type threads are the idiots??

Or....anyone that responds on one of those "BS" threads is an idiot??

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

You have to admit that it is NOT like this during football season!!!

Can you say that?? :eek: :rolleyes:

Sorry, I couldn't help myself! :devil: :D

AggiesAreWe
04-15-2008, 01:44 AM

Then you need to venture over to the site that I am an admin on. I think you'll find that our multiple forum site has plenty of sports related threads going up every day and plenty of posts with them. We are 7,000 members strong and growing with the site only being up since Dec. '05.

My point is, it definetly can work, the multiple forum, and IMO, is much better.

STANG RED
04-15-2008, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by AggiesAreWe
Then you need to venture over to the site that I am an admin on. I think you'll find that our multiple forum site has plenty of sports related threads going up every day and plenty of posts with them. We are 7,000 members strong and growing with the site only being up since Dec. '05.

My point is, it definetly can work, the multiple forum, and IMO, is much better.

GREAT!!! Now that that is settled, maybe everyone can get to their happy place and leave the rest of us satisfied customers alone. But dont go over there crying about how bad this site is, because you know that would not be sports related. So long.:p

nobogey72
04-15-2008, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by VWG

I'm thinking of a famous line at the end of the movie "Good Morning Viet Nam" where the General in charge tells Robin Williams--- " I think that man is more in need of a ---- --- than any man I know!" :rolleyes:

VWG
04-15-2008, 07:20 AM
Funny how the forum topic for all threads is "3A Sports Discussion".
Just saying that I would rather talk about HS Sports than anything else. No politics, no useless posts about happenings around the rest of the US.... because frankly I don't care. Go back and look at my posts since I have been on this board. It's pretty clear where the majority of my posts are.
This thread was started with a question about how one member thinks the board is watered down with non HS or non sports posts.
I responded with my opinion.

nobogey72
04-15-2008, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by VWG
Just saying that I would rather talk about HS Sports than anything else. No politics, no useless posts about happenings around the rest of the US.... because frankly I don't care. Go back and look at my posts since I have been on this board. It's pretty clear where the majority of my posts are.
This thread was started with a question about how one member thinks the board is watered down with non HS or non sports posts.

Very true! And, several of us responded with ours. It is strange that you can't just pick the topics that you want to discuss, and just ignore the others. Do you read every word of a magazine even though some of it doesn't interest you? Or do you read the articles that interest you, and ignore the rest? And, then write in to the editor and complain about all the topics that didn't interest you? "I don't think so, Scooter!" :rolleyes: :thinking:

eppy 12
04-15-2008, 08:25 AM
Funny how you had that picture just laying around...:thinking: :p you know me, gotta save sarcasm for boog!;)

Fotbol
04-15-2008, 08:28 AM

Yeah this Site was fun in 02, you could voice your opinion, get into heated discussions, meet folk at different games, and become family, but now it's so much estrogen on this board, make me sick to my stomach, whinning, crying, hurt feelings, damn it, where are all the real men. A pitiful day when women have more balls than men, I never seen so many babies!

Snyder_TigerFan
04-15-2008, 08:31 AM
Personally, I like the downlow as it is. I can skim through what I don't care to read, it's not hard. I've learned a lot about other areas of Texas, and often times, I hear news first here. If it were strictly 3A sports discussion, then I would have very little to read, and would probably get bored with the site, since I usually only care to read about Region I. Certain times of the year, there just isn't much 3A sports to talk about.....although Snyder is 21-5 in baseball and the best 21-5 team in the state!;) What's sweetwater's record? We can discuss that.:Dhttp://engforum.pravda.ru/images/smilies/jab2.gif

eppy 12
04-15-2008, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Fotbol
Yeah this Site was fun in 02, you could voice your opinion, get into heated discussions, meet folk at different games, and become family, but now it's so much estrogen on this board, make me sick to my stomach, whinning, crying, hurt feelings, damn it, where are all the real men. A pitiful day when women have more balls than men, I never seen so many babies! http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l239/eppy12/sdoo.jpg

DaHop72
04-15-2008, 08:44 AM
Yeah this Site was fun in 02, you could voice your opinion, get into heated discussions, meet folk at different games, and become family, but now it's so much estrogen on this board, make me sick to my stomach, whinning, crying, hurt feelings, damn it, where are all the real men. A pitiful day when women have more balls than men, I never seen so many babies! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Daddy D 11
04-15-2008, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

hah i was thinking the same thing. i wasnt here in 2002 but i do have to say that i definitly enjoy the site now, i think everything is perfect!

44INAROW
04-15-2008, 08:50 AM
to those that don't like it- It's a free country - Please don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you. :rolleyes:

DaHop72
04-15-2008, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
hah i was thinking the same thing. i wasnt here in 2002 but i do have to say that i definitly enjoy the site now, i think everything is perfect! But you aren't a former rommee.:devil: :devil:

pancho villa
04-15-2008, 09:03 AM
If did not have to read any of the standaround threads this site would be so much better.

RUN FAST TURN LEFT!

Daddy D 11
04-15-2008, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
But you aren't a former rommee.:devil: :devil:

that is true..that is true.

Bull19
04-15-2008, 09:05 AM
Yeah this Site was fun in 02, you could voice your opinion, get into heated discussions, meet folk at different games, and become family, but now it's so much estrogen on this board, make me sick to my stomach, whinning, crying, hurt feelings, damn it, where are all the real men. A pitiful day when women have more balls than men, I never seen so many babies!

pancho villa
04-15-2008, 09:07 AM

Who wants to meet all the standaround folks on here?

edited for content ~ p4s

STANG RED
04-15-2008, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa
Who wants to meet all the standaround folks on here?

Really didn't need to go THERE!! :eek: ~ p4s

injuredinmelee
04-15-2008, 09:13 AM

there arent many that cry as much as you pardner.

Sweetwater Red
04-15-2008, 09:21 AM

How ironic seeing as how your post reeks of estrogen.:thinking:

Ranger Mom
04-15-2008, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Very true! And, several of us responded with ours. It is strange that you can't just pick the topics that you want to discuss, and just ignore the others. Do you read every word of a magazine even though some of it doesn't interest you? Or do you read the articles that interest you, and ignore the rest? And, then write in to the editor and complain about all the topics that didn't interest you? "I don't think so, Scooter!" :rolleyes: :thinking:

LOL @ Scooter!!!

Oh....and that was a GREAT point you just made!!

Fotbol
04-15-2008, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
How ironic seeing as how your post reeks of estrogen.:thinking:
You just made my point, you r the Man......Sike!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-15-2008, 10:34 AM
Yeah this Site was fun in 02, you could voice your opinion, get into heated discussions, meet folk at different games, and become family, but now it's so much estrogen on this board

Now you voice your opinion, and it gets to heated, the tread gets removed. Good to hear from you Fotbol, I miss the Bellville vs Marlin games.

sinton66
04-15-2008, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
to those that don't like it- It's a free country - Please don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you. :rolleyes:

HEY!!!! You copied that from Jacket, didn't you?:D

Bull's-eye
04-15-2008, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by VWG

Good honest answer and too the point. I started this thread to see how others felt about the many non-sports posts. IMO, if you got on here for just sports, you had to go through so many other posts to find them. Some people want this to be there own personal website. They post about 3A sports, but they also want to communicate with friends, talk about current events, tell jokes & etc. Some people come here just for the sports and really don't care about these non-sports posts. Yes, you can just skip over them until you find the ones you want, but it wouldn't be that hard either to click on a non-sports discussion board. As this site has grown, it takes more time to find the good sports threads. If you are gone a few days, it's even more time consuming. I thought the suggestion of separate boards was a great idea. I also thought that many of our threads are not really news-worthy. Those could easily be e-mailed to friends and not put on a sports discussion board.

Emerson1
04-15-2008, 09:15 PM
www.cheer.proboards20.com

kepdawg
04-15-2008, 09:16 PM
Good honest answer and too the point. I started this thread to see how others felt about the many non-sports posts. IMO, if you got on here for just sports, you had to go through so many other posts to find them. Some people want this to be there own personal website. They post about 3A sports, but they also want to communicate with friends, talk about current events, tell jokes & etc. Some people come here just for the sports and really don't care about these non-sports posts. Yes, you can just skip over them until you find the ones you want, but it wouldn't be that hard either to click on a non-sports discussion board. As this site has grown, it takes more time to find the good sports threads. If you are gone a few days, it's even more time consuming. I thought the suggestion of separate boards was a great idea. I also thought that many of our threads are not really news-worthy. Those could easily be e-mailed to friends and not put on a sports discussion board.

Just start your own board, make your own rules, and have a nice life! I am tired of having to wade through all the threads complaining about the board!

Bull's-eye
04-15-2008, 09:19 PM
http://bbs.clutchfans.net/

Bull's-eye
04-15-2008, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Just start your own board, make your own rules, and have a nice life! I am tired of having to wade through all the threads complaining about the board!

Just skip over the ones you don't like. :D

You don't have to read the whole magazine, just find the articles that interst you.

Emerson1
04-15-2008, 09:21 PM
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare

kepdawg
04-15-2008, 09:22 PM
Just skip over the ones you don't like. :D

You don't have to read the whole magazine, just find the articles that interst you.

Apparently I got the wrong magazine!

Bull's-eye
04-15-2008, 09:23 PM

As you can see, separate boards can have plenty of action. They can work.

Bull's-eye
04-15-2008, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
It is strange that you can't just pick the topics that you want to discuss, and just ignore the others. Do you read every word of a magazine even though some of it doesn't interest you? Or do you read the articles that interest you, and ignore the rest? And, then write in to the editor and complain about all the topics that didn't interest you? "I don't think so, Scooter!" :rolleyes: :thinking:

If I bought a sports magazine and it was full things found in Homes & Garden, heck yes I would complain.

kepdawg
04-15-2008, 09:29 PM
If I bought a sports magazine and it was full things found in Homes & Garden, heck yes I would complain.

How much did you pay for 3ADL?

sinton66
04-15-2008, 09:49 PM
The horse is dead, stop beating it.