PDA

View Full Version : Cruising this summer

Antec
04-13-2008, 05:10 PM
We are taking a Eastern Carribean Cruise this summer- starting on Jun 29 from Miami

Going on Royal Carribean ship Freedom of the Seas

are island stops are

St Thomas

San Juan Perto Rico

Phillips Burg San Maarten

any suggestions for excursions or what to see and do during our time at these places.

Chief Woodman
04-13-2008, 07:42 PM
I have been to San Juan and St Thomas. I have some pics I can send to you from there if ya send me a PM. Briefly each port for me was as follows:

San Juan: Did not do an excursion, and boy was I glad. Walked around in Old San Juan and was stunned by the beautyand cleanliness. So much so in fact, that when I constructed my house inside of my airplane hanger I made it to look like Old San Juan. My house looks like three houses, complete with 3 different bright paint colors and three different ornate trim work and wrought iron. Got to see the old fort and battlements without being rushed, and enjoyed some very fine rum drinks in a local cafe' for just a buck a drink. Great food and very friendly folks. The old churches and the government buildings were fun to tour. The Governors mansion is a must see. You will love the blue cobblestone.

St Thomas:

Went SCUBA diving there. Old navy barges are sunk just off shore where the ships dock. It was like a 5 minute ride from the dock to the dive sight. The houses and terrain in port are a sight to behold. If you are a diver, do not miss this dive. One of the top ten spots in the Carribean.