PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Trip

Necks_Fan
04-13-2008, 03:53 PM
Me and my bro(who is a member of TSF), our fiend Sal, and our step-dad Rick are going to Bob Hall Pier this summer. We're going after Tarpon, sharks, trout, reds etc.

We're recruiting people from TSF and I'm curious if you guys have ever been and if anybody is serious about going.

It costs 2 dollars to get on plus a dollar for each rod.

Anybody who comes with us will pay their share of gas, housing, etc.

Anyway, should be awesome.

tortilla_man
04-13-2008, 04:29 PM
Bob Hall Pier is a good fun pier, alot of surfers use it to jump off instead if paddling out there.. when i went to school @ tamucc, me and my roommate used to go out there alot.

Biggest catch was a 5 foot sand shark, good fishing all along there, if you got a boat you an down to North padre island to bird island basin and hit baffin bay for some good trout fishing.

big daddy russ
04-13-2008, 08:05 PM
I've always great luck at Bob Hall.

I used to be one of those surfers who jumped off the pier, but they've cracked down on it big time in the last five years or so. Last time I went surfing down there (which was circa 2003), a game warden waited several hours for me to surf back in and gave me a ticket.

I'm still looking for my first tarpon. They used to be swarming all around the Port Aransas/NPI area, but have been almost completely fished out the last 60 years or so.

I've caught a few bull reds off Bob Hall along with some grouper and other gulf fish. Largest red was a 36-inch.