PDA

View Full Version : Brahma homers????

XMan
04-13-2008, 10:18 AM
I was just wondering if the Bellville Brahmas have hit any home runs this year? Not trying to start anything negative or stirring the pot. I just dont remember anything about any dingers. Please let me know who the team leader is.

thanks,
X

Bull's-eye
04-13-2008, 10:27 AM
I think there are many players tied for the lead. :D

I haven't heard of any home runs.

KL3
04-13-2008, 10:49 AM
I think Luetge hit a 2 run homer the other night. Also, as you well know XMan, Bellville plays in maybe the largest 3A park in the state. Not very many go out.

XMan
04-13-2008, 10:50 AM
Ya think Knight Field is big???? no way! Sometimes the South wind even blows in! lol. Bellville does play on the road though. Like I said, im not trying to stir the pot, just trying to get some good quality info.

KL3
04-13-2008, 10:51 AM
I'm sure Bellville's HR totals would be way up if they played in a little league sized park like Giddings.

XMan
04-13-2008, 11:14 AM
That would be for sure. Before '90, Knight Field was very small, 300 down the lines, bout 320 to center. Played a little differently back then. We hit 37 one year and 41 the next. Giddings should have a ton of homers every year. KL, you seen any of these guys throwing mid to upper 80s????

buffbaseball
04-13-2008, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by KL3
I'm sure Bellville's HR totals would be way up if they played in a little league sized park like Giddings.

giddings field isn't a little league field...the little league field is 300' all the way around...giddings's field is 308 down the lines and 340 to center:D

KL3
04-13-2008, 12:43 PM
I actually haven't seen a Bellville baseball game in a few years b/c I'm living in Houston. It would be hard to believe Caldwell has 2 guys throwing upper 80's with one of them touching 90.

XMan
04-13-2008, 05:37 PM
Ok, KL hasnt seen em, so has anyone seen these guys consistently throw mid to high 80's. They had to have pitched against Bellville the first time around. All you Brahma dad's, did they have a guy really throw hard or not? The pitcher from Smithville was supposed to throw some cheese, but he was right around 80. If Caldwell has some guys that throw this hard, they should be leading the district and going to state.

brahmafan01
04-13-2008, 09:43 PM
Bellville saw the Ochs pitcher for Caldwell and in my opinion he throws no harder than 83-84. Haven't seen the Eubanks kid but heard he can throw the smoke. I would have to say that Tallerine throws the hardest in the disrict though...

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-13-2008, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by XMan
Ok, KL hasnt seen em, so has anyone seen these guys consistently throw mid to high 80's. They had to have pitched against Bellville the first time around. All you Brahma dad's, did they have a guy really throw hard or not? The pitcher from Smithville was supposed to throw some cheese, but he was right around 80. If Caldwell has some guys that throw this hard, they should be leading the district and going to state.

Caldwell is not leading the district because Bellville has the better pitching, they are 7-0. Bellvile might have the top 3 pitchers in District, sure looks that way. All will be back next year.