PDA

View Full Version : My Golf Idea

PPHSfan
04-12-2008, 08:05 PM
Let's get the top ten golfers in the country right now and see if any of them are really as good as Jack Nicklaus was.

Here are the rules:

1. Every golfer has to use the balls, tees, clubs, gloves, and other equipment that was available in 1965.

2. Every golfer has to wear the underwear, socks, slacks, shirts, belts, leather shoes with metal spikes, and "hats" that were available in 1965.

3. Every golfer gets thirty days to prepare, but they are only allowed to eat and drink the food, supplements and "sports drinks" that were available to golfers in 1965.

4. Let's set the tees and pins in the exact locations at Augusta that were in place in the 1965 Masters. Let's mow those greens and fairways using the lawn mowers that were available in 1965.

Then let's see how many of today's pros get anywhere near 271 through four days, and then we can all say how Tiger Woods is the greatest golfer of all time.

ASUFrisbeeStud
04-12-2008, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Let's get the top ten golfers in the country right now and see if any of them are really as good as Jack Nicklaus was.

Here are the rules:

1. Every golfer has to use the balls, tees, clubs, gloves, and other equipment that was available in 1965.

2. Every golfer has to wear the underwear, socks, slacks, shirts, belts, leather shoes with metal spikes, and "hats" that were available in 1965.

3. Every golfer gets thirty days to prepare, but they are only allowed to eat and drink the food, supplements and "sports drinks" that were available to golfers in 1965.

4. Let's set the tees and pins in the exact locations at Augusta that were in place in the 1965 Masters. Let's mow those greens and fairways using the lawn mowers that were available in 1965.

Then let's see how many of today's pros get anywhere near 271 through four days, and then we can all say how Tiger Woods is the greatest golfer of all time.

I'd love to see that.

injuredinmelee
04-12-2008, 08:20 PM
or maybe we could just not live in the past and yearn for the "good ol' days". Why dont we see how Arnie, Jack and any of the old guys would fare against longer courses and more narrow fairways against superior competition that lay golf year round and dont run home to work at the local chevy house in the off season.

PPHSfan
04-12-2008, 08:22 PM
It's my idea for an old school tournament. Not living in the past. We can't make the old guys young again, but we can turn back the clock for the young ones.

48minutes
04-14-2008, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
or maybe we could just not live in the past and yearn for the "good ol' days". Why dont we see how Arnie, Jack and any of the old guys would fare against longer courses and more narrow fairways against superior competition that lay golf year round and dont run home to work at the local chevy house in the off season.

Agreed

eppy 12
04-14-2008, 11:41 AM

Here are the rules:

Then let's see how many of today's pros get anywhere near 271 through four days, and then we can all say how Tiger Woods is the greatest golfer of all time. #2, that'd be a bit nasty, don't you think?
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l239/eppy12/soiled.jpg:thinking:

STANG RED
04-14-2008, 11:53 AM

Here are the rules:

I doubt the clothes or food or drink would make any difference, but I'd love to see all the other happen. But you better come up with several million to reward these guys for taking all that preparation time out of their lives. And they would have to have time back with their regular equipment afterwards. There's a few more million. Sorry, but I just dont think that will ever happen. But it is a real interesting idea! I'd love to see it.

Ranger Mom
04-14-2008, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I doubt the clothes or food or drink would make any difference, but I'd love to see all the other happen. But you better come up with several million to reward these guys for taking all that preparation time out of their lives. And they would have to have time back with their regular equipment afterwards. There's a few more million. Sorry, but I just dont think that will ever happen. But it is a real interesting idea! I'd love to see it.

This is PPHSfan we are talking about.....he can afford it!!:D

PPHSfan
04-14-2008, 11:56 AM

I don't know. You put one of the young guys in leather shoes, polyester, and tighty whiteys, and it might make it rough on him.:D

crzyjournalist03
04-14-2008, 11:59 AM
I don't know. You put one of the young guys in leather shoes, polyester, and tighty whiteys, and it might make it rough on him.:D

:confused:

What's wrong with tighty whiteys and leather shoes???

STANG RED
04-14-2008, 12:01 PM
I don't know. tighty whiteys, might make it rough on him.:D

Maybe, but what if they choose to go commando instead? Are you going to check???:eek: :eek: :eek: :D

PPHSfan
04-14-2008, 12:13 PM
Maybe, but what if they choose to go commando instead? Are you going to check???:eek: :eek: :eek: :D

Probably not. Maybe we can ask Jack if that was his secret when he shot 271 thirty years ago with wooden clubs, leather shoes, and wool slacks.

crzyjournalist03
04-14-2008, 12:16 PM
Probably not. Maybe we can ask Jack if that was his secret when he shot 271 thirty years ago with wooden clubs, leather shoes, and wool slacks.

if he did, I think that definitely gave him an unfair advantage...wool slacks while going commando? I think I'd have the tournament of my life too, knowing that every extra stroke that I had to take was one more rubbing that would be going on inside those pants!!! :eek:

jason
04-14-2008, 12:45 PM
this would never work - doesnt this pphs guy have a brain ????

Ranger Mom
04-14-2008, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by jason
this would never work - doesnt this pphs guy have a brain ????

Awwwww!!

We know he has a heart of gold...don't we??

;)