PDA

View Full Version : Astros getting slaughtered

IHStangFan
04-11-2008, 08:18 PM
where the crap is Oswalt's head? It definitely isn't in the game ....and I have a guess as to where it's at....up his butt. Goodness gracious. This is getting ugly. I love the Astros...but sometimes they are hard to watch.

Panther One
04-11-2008, 09:10 PM
The one pitcher who was supposed to be solid has struggled the most...

Rodriguez 2.92
Backe 3.27
Chacon 3.75
Sampson 4.22
Oswalt 9.00

However, it's still early. Oswalt will get turned around, and the offense will start scoring runs. Hopefully the other four starters can keep up what they've been doing.

Necks_Fan
04-11-2008, 09:37 PM
So Oswalt gives up 8 earned in 4 innings? 4 home runs. Sheesh.

The offense scores 6 but comes up just short just like always.

Same story, new year. Makes me mad.

Antec
04-11-2008, 10:42 PM
That's Nothing new- They will be slaughtered a lot this season

Hupernikomen
04-12-2008, 12:55 AM
was at this game..marlins looked like world champs tonight with 6 homers against Astros bp.

Necks_Fan
04-12-2008, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
was at this game..marlins looked like world champs tonight with 6 homers against Astros bp. No, Anyone can hit thigh high unmoving fastballs.

The Astros looked that bad, not the other way around.

Old Tiger
04-12-2008, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by Antec
That's Nothing new- They will be slaughtered a lot this season You know thats right.

Hupernikomen
04-12-2008, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
No, Anyone can hit thigh high unmoving fastballs.

The Astros looked that bad, not the other way around.

Hence I said Astros' bp.

SWMustang
04-12-2008, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
The one pitcher who was supposed to be solid has struggled the most...

Rodriguez 2.92
Backe 3.27
Chacon 3.75
Sampson 4.22
Oswalt 9.00

However, it's still early. Oswalt will get turned around, and the offense will start scoring runs. Hopefully the other four starters can keep up what they've been doing.

If there is a bright side to this ( admittedly - this is a stretch) Oswalt has usually been better in the second half of the season.

Necks_Fan
04-13-2008, 07:06 AM
Backe pitched a good game yesterday.

0 runs always helps out the ole ERA.

Gobbla2001
04-13-2008, 08:47 AM
I think it's damn good news when your best stud pitchers is doing back and your "weak" following line-up is doing pretty well... and the bats will come...

they'll be aight when O gets it right...

Bull's-eye
04-13-2008, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Backe pitched a good game yesterday.

0 runs always helps out the ole ERA.

He really wasn't that sharp, but thanks to some great defense he didn't give up a run. The Marlins were hitting the ball very hard.

Necks_Fan
04-13-2008, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
He really wasn't that sharp, but thanks to some great defense he didn't give up a run. The Marlins were hitting the ball very hard. That's why I didn't say great. Just a good game and game management to not get rocked is all I'm saying. Regardless, he gave up no runs, so I'll take what he did yesterday, any day.

Bull's-eye
04-13-2008, 10:06 AM
Oswalt stated that he may be tipping off his pitches, if that's the case, he can correct the problem and get back to being a very good pitcher.

Necks_Fan
04-13-2008, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Oswalt stated that he may be tipping off his pitches, if that's the case, he can correct the problem and get back to being a very good pitcher. Oswalt was throwing thigh high fastballs with little to no movement. That's what he needs to fix. And when he threw a breaking ball, it was a mile outside or up or in the dirt. The batters never even thought about them.