PDA

View Full Version : Girl, 14, Gets Probation for Killing Father With Shotgun

BuffyMars
04-11-2008, 09:46 AM
PITTSBURGH — A 14-year-old girl acknowledged killing her father with a 12-gauge shotgun blast to the face to end years of sexual abuse and could be on juvenile probation until she turns 21, her attorney said Thursday.

Defense attorney Patrick Nightingale said the girl accepted an offer from the Allegheny County District Attorney's Office to be adjudicated delinquent, the juvenile court equivalent of a guilty plea. She was placed on probation on a charge of involuntary manslaughter, the least serious grade of homicide in Pennsylvania, the attorney said.

"I think the DA's office has been consistently very enlightened in its approach because they know my client suffered significant trauma at the hands of her father," Nightingale said. "And I'm very happy on behalf of my client that we won't have to live through that trauma again in a trial setting."

The girl was 13 when she shot Matthew Booth Sr., 34, on July 30 in the squalid home they shared in Elizabeth Township, a rural suburb about 20 miles southeast of Pittsburgh. Nightingale and the girl told authorities Booth had abused her since she was about 7.

The girl at first told police two masked men shot her father while ransacking their house, but soon after confessed to shooting him.

Allegheny County prosecutors initially charged her as an adult with criminal homicide, but agreed to move the case to juvenile court in August after District Attorney Stephen Zappala Jr. toured the home and described the living conditions as "incredible."

An Allegheny County Health Department report showed the home had major health code violations, including no furnace or bathroom sink, holes in walls, a leaky ceiling, and flea infestation from neglected pets, including dogs, cats and rabbits. Much of the furniture was broken and police said the home smelled of animal waste.

Zappala spokesman Mike Manko said the office cannot comment on the resolution of the case because of the girl's age and nature of the proceeding.

The girl was last known to be living in a residential treatment facility, though her once-estranged mother had been trying to get custody of her. Nightingale said he cannot say where the girl is living, but that "reunification (with her mother) is one of the goals of court supervision."

The girl will be supervised by the county's juvenile probation department, which can have jurisdiction over her until she's 21.

Prosecutors have also offered to expunge the girl's juvenile court record if she does well on supervision, Nightingale said.

Nightingale said the relatively lenient resolution was appropriate given the "totality of the circumstances."

"Yes, it's a very serious offense, but the District Attorney's Office acknowledges this little girl has suffered tremendously," Nightingale said.

----

while i don't agree with what he did to her.....probation for murder???? :eek:

eppy 12
04-11-2008, 09:49 AM
reads like an episode of SVU, and will probably become one next season.........:(

Ranger Mom
04-11-2008, 09:49 AM
Without knowing more background, I hate to comment....but I will say this, "some people don't deserve to live!"

eppy 12
04-11-2008, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Without knowing more background, I hate to comment....but I will say this, "some people don't deserve to live!" :thinking: probably right mom..

pirate4state
04-11-2008, 09:51 AM
I'm okay with it

eppy 12
04-11-2008, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I'm okay with it tests one's faith but i think i am also........

pirate4state
04-11-2008, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by eppy 12
tests one's faith but i think i am also........

i know we shouldn't take the law into our own hands, but none of us know what that girl had to suffer through. i'm sure she didn't feel like she was left with any other choice. :(

eppy 12
04-11-2008, 10:01 AM
i know we shouldn't take the law into our own hands, but none of us know what that girl had to suffer through. i'm sure she didn't feel like she was left with any other choice. :( exactly.....

IHStangFan
04-11-2008, 07:47 PM
what goes around comes around, and after making a few revolutions/rotations, it usually comes around alot faster and harder. My belief is that "some people just need killin"

:)

PHS Wildcats
04-11-2008, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by eppy 12
exactly.....

I agree

Trashman
04-11-2008, 09:57 PM
The only reason some people are alive is because it is against the law to kill them. In this case justus was served.

Necks_Fan
04-11-2008, 10:03 PM
Who says he ever actually laid a hand on her? Could be a well thought up excuse, unless of course it is proven (which I don't know). Now, if it's true, then yea he did not deserve to live, but even so, I think that she should not walk on the outside of a prison fence for the rest of her life.

Child molesters/ Rapists/ Murders/ Con artists(Enron scale people) do not deserve to see the outside world, no matter the circumstance.

Ranger Mom
04-11-2008, 10:05 PM
She killed him when she was 13 y/o.....she was 14 when it finally went to court. Is there an age where they absolutely wont try a child as an adult?

Necks_Fan
04-11-2008, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
She killed him when she was 13 y/o.....she was 14 when it finally went to court. Is there an age where they absolutely wont try a child as an adult? I don't know the exact rules, but i assume Murder is viewed differently than most all other crimes.

I figure she will/was tried as an adult.

I thought it said she received probation as a redult of a plea bargain so I guess it's already done.

Txbroadcaster
04-11-2008, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan

Child molesters/ Rapists/ Murders/ Con artists(Enron scale people) do not deserve to see the outside world, no matter the circumstance.

I agree on those..But I would not call her a muderer if she was in fact sexual abused, I would call it a justified killing

If we in Texas can kill someone if they break into our house to steal, I have no problem with someone killing someone who is basically stealing any innocence that person had thru physical/sexual abuse

Necks_Fan
04-12-2008, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I agree on those..But I would not call her a muderer if she was in fact sexual abused, I would call it a justified killing

If we in Texas can kill someone if they break into our house to steal, I have no problem with someone killing someone who is basically stealing any innocence that person had thru physical/sexual abuse And I dont agree with being able to kill someone who breaks into your home, unless they have intent to kill you. I just couldn't feel right knowing that this girl actually killed someone. Also, none of us knows if the abuse actually happened, although I assume it did, but not proven.

zebrablue2
04-12-2008, 07:22 AM
i know we shouldn't take the law into our own hands, but none of us know what that girl had to suffer through. i'm sure she didn't feel like she was left with any other choice. :(

agreed...

Diocletian
04-12-2008, 08:49 AM
maybe they could work some sort of self defence plea into this...

even if that doesn't happen, she's still getting a good deal for murder, in my opinion

Txbroadcaster
04-12-2008, 08:57 AM
And I dont agree with being able to kill someone who breaks into your home, unless they have intent to kill you. I just couldn't feel right knowing that this girl actually killed someone. Also, none of us knows if the abuse actually happened, although I assume it did, but not proven.

Again assuming she truly was abused, what else is she supposed to do? It is not always as easy as, go get help.

Necks_Fan
04-12-2008, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Diocletian
maybe they could work some sort of self defence plea into this...

even if that doesn't happen, she's still getting a good deal for murder, in my opinion Yea, a good deal. Probation for Murder. She killed the guy, that's all there is to it. She could have just as easily called the police and had him arrested for rape/incest and would have gotten rid of him that way. It was not necessary to kill him so she should be in jail.

You can't just go around blowin people's faces off and not expect to got to jail, no matter what happened before.

LH Panther Mom
04-12-2008, 09:08 AM
Yea, a good deal. Probation for Murder. She killed the guy, that's all there is to it. She could have just as easily called the police and had him arrested for rape/incest and would have gotten rid of him that way. It was not necessary to kill him so she should be in jail.

You can't just go around blowin people's faces off and not expect to got to jail, no matter what happened before.
Take a look at this. The neighbors knew it was going on. In my opinion, there are instances of "justifiable homicide" and this (again IMO) type of situation is one of those instances.

Elizabeth Township girl charged in dad's killing
Police are silent, but neighbors say teen was victim of sexual, physical abuse for several years
Tuesday, July 31, 2007
By Torsten Ove and Jim McKinnon, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
A 13-year-old girl fatally shot her father in the face with a shotgun early yesterday morning as he slept in their Elizabeth Township home, according to police.

Bill Wade, Post-Gazette
Humane officer Katie Waters handles a thin coon dog taken from the home in the Boston section of Elizabeth Township where Matthew J. Booth, 34, was found dead from a shotgun wound. Police said they found a number of animals and pets in the house, which was littered with pet feces. At least four dogs, four cats and rabbits and other pets were taken by animal-control officers to Animal Friends, an animal resource center in Ohio Township.
Click photo for larger image.
Rachel Booth was held without bond last night in the Allegheny County Jail, charged as an adult with homicide in the death of Matthew J. Booth, 34. She faces a preliminary hearing Friday.
In an affidavit supporting the arrest, Allegheny County police did not reveal a motive.

Detectives said only that the girl acknowledged that she killed Mr. Booth with his 12-gauge shotgun at 2:21 a.m. on the first floor of 5802 Pitt St., where Mr. Booth lived with the girl and her 14-year-old brother, Matthew Booth Jr.

But a close neighbor said the girl told her that Mr. Booth had sexually and physically abused her since she was 7.

"The whole street knew about it," said Suzanne Gruber, 20, who lives across the street from the Booth home.

"He abused them both," she said. "Some nights I would hear her screaming, 'No, daddy! No! I'm sorry.' She said she just couldn't take it anymore."

Other sources confirmed that allegations of abuse were the motive.

The girl initially told authorities at the Elizabeth police station that someone broke in and killed her father.

But while she was still at the station, Rachel admitted she shot her father, Ms. Gruber said.

Ms. Gruber and other neighbors said Mr. Booth also had physically abused Rachel's brother.

Elizabeth officers discovered Mr. Booth's body lying face up on a bed or couch on the first floor of the home after the children called police. He was pronounced dead at 2:39 a.m.

Officers found deplorable conditions in the house, said James Morton, assistant county police superintendent.

Police discovered numerous animals and pets in the home, which was littered with feces. Animal control officers removed at least four dogs, four cats and a number of rabbits and other pets.

"It was one of the worst houses our detectives have been in," Assistant Superintendent Morton said.

He declined to discuss a motive for the shooting, nor would he provide details about what the children told police.

"It's a delicate situation because of the age of the kids," he said.

The county's Children, Youth and Families agency, which had been involved previously with the Booths, was notified to arrange care for Matthew Booth Jr. He was placed in the custody of his grandparents.

He was not a suspect in the incident.

According to the affidavit, the boy told police that he was in his second-floor bedroom when he heard a "disturbance followed by a single gunshot on the first floor."

He said he found the shotgun near his father's body, opened the gun and ejected the spent shell casing.

Police disclosed no other details of the shooting or its aftermath.

The children's mother, Michelle Fazek, 33, of White Oak, refused to comment on the shooting yesterday, saying she didn't want to say anything that might hurt her daughter's case.

She and Mr. Booth, her ex-boyfriend, have had ongoing domestic and custody battles since 1991, when they first started living together on Beale Street in McKeesport.

They have three children together and were living as a family until 2005, when Ms. Fazek filed a protection-from-abuse petition against Mr. Booth, saying he had threatened her with a shotgun.

Mr. Booth had previously accused Ms. Fazek of abusing the children, according to court records.

Last year, Mr. Booth won temporary custody of Rachel and Matthew. Ms. Fazek won custody of the youngest child, 12-year-old Elizabeth.

Ms. Fazek said she had been trying to get the older children returned to her.

In court papers, she accused Mr. Booth of improperly caring for them, "particularly the daughter Rachel, who is in physical and emotional crisis."

First published at PG NOW on July 30, 2007 at 11:01 pm
Torsten Ove can be reached at tove@post-gazette.com or 412-231-0132. Jim McKinnon can be reached at jmckinnon@post-gazette.com or 412-263-1939.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07212/805648-55.stm

LH Panther Mom
04-12-2008, 09:18 AM
Or this! The police investigated him hitting the sister in the face, but the injuries didn't hurt enough????

(PART 1)
Wednesday, August 01, 2007
By Steve Levin, Torsten Ove and Michael A. Fuoco, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Rachel Booth is a 13-year-old home schooled student, a neighborhood baby sitter who was a good enough seamstress to get a part-time job at Boston Stitchery near her home in Elizabeth Township.

For about six months she earned money on weekends washing dishes and doing house cleaning for an Irwin family while her father, Matthew, did carpentry work for them.
She complied implicitly with her father's demands, running errands for him, dropping whatever she was doing to answer his call. An avid hunter, he taught her how to shoot a shotgun. Their relationship seemed so close that a neighbor had the impression that Rachel was her father's wife.

But early Monday morning while her father slept, she took his shotgun, she later told police, and killed him with a blast to the face.

The forces that pushed Rachel to that threshold began years earlier, their origins in a failed parental relationship, alleged physical and sexual abuse, and a home life that teetered for years on the brink of dissolution.

Rachel has been charged with murder, and was still being held in the Allegheny County Jail last night.

She was born Nov. 24, 1993, less than a year after her older brother, Matthew Jr. Their parents were McKeesport natives. Michelle Fazek was not yet 20; Mr. Booth, a year older, had joined the Army but washed out after a shoulder injury.

"I was young and foolish," Ms. Fazek said of the relationship.

They never married, but lived together in a rented 576-square-foot house at 3610 Beale St. that once belonged to Mr. Booth's grandparents. By July 1995, the couple had three children, the oldest just 21/2.

In those years, Ms. Fazek said, she worked as a school bus driver and also in customer service. She said she brought in most of the income. Mr. Booth worked sporadically as an armed security guard and a carpenter.
But he drank heavily, she said, and the couple had a volatile relationship. Court records show that over the years, she filed several protection-from-abuse orders against him, starting in 1997. He also filed one against her, claiming she abused alcohol and had a mental illness.

According to Allegheny County court records, the Department of Human Services' Office of Children, Youth and Families' first contact with Mr. Booth was April 15, 1998, when he complained that his children had been mistreated by their maternal grandmother.

In the spring of 2004, Mr. Booth received notice that the Beale Street home would be sold at sheriff's sale for nonpayment of about $6,000 in county and school district taxes.

At that time, Mr. Booth told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette in an interview for a story about mortgage foreclosures that he was "freaking out," that he had nowhere to live if he lost the house.

"I'm stuck in my ways," he said. "There ain't nobody in this world that should come up and tell someone to get out of their house. I have kids. I have pets. I have everything. I'm not going to throw away my dogs' life."

At the time, Mr. Booth had built a 5-foot-high fence around the property, with a locked gate, and hung "Beware of Dog" and "No Trespassing" signs. To leave or enter the yard, which was littered with concrete blocks, bricks, wood remnants and empty soft drink cans, his children had to clamber over the fence.

Pressure continued to build on Mr. Booth.

In an April 4, 2005, petition for a PFA, Ms. Fazek said that "Matthew threatened me with a shotgun and told me he would kill me if I didn't leave [the house]. He pointed the shotgun in my face and pulled the trigger. He put me out of the house. He kicked me in the back and spit in my face. I went to the police station and they arrested him and advised me to get a PFA. I fear for my safety. He may kill me."

A temporary PFA was issued and she was granted primary custody of the children. But before that school year ended for the summer, CYF was contacted by the children's McKeesport school on an alleged report that Ms. Fazek had been abusive to Matthew Jr. and Rachel.

The charge was determined to be unfounded, and in late June 2005, the parents agreed to share legal custody of the three children. The older two would remain with Mr. Booth; the youngest child, Elizabeth, would live with her mother.

That July, Siti Anna Dinkel of Swissvale bought the Beale Street house at a sheriff's sale for $5,525. She said in an interview yesterday that she decided to rent the house back to Mr. Booth for $380 a month because she had seen his photograph in the Post-Gazette story about mortgage foreclosures and "felt sorry for him."

Ms. Dinkel said neither Mr. Booth nor Ms. Fazek had good enough credit to put the home's electricity and sewage bills in their own names, so she had the accounts listed in her name.

McKeesport police investigated a September 2005 incident in which Elizabeth, who was visiting her father, claimed that in a drunken state he hit her across the face. Although CYF also investigated, no action was taken because "the injuries were not severe and only resulted in moderate pain," according to court records.

About that time, Mr. Booth contacted Ms. Dinkel. She said he told her he needed money to pay attorney fees. Her husband, Mark, introduced his brother, Robert, of Irwin, to Mr. Booth. According to her, Robert Dinkel said he would pay Mr. Booth $6,500 to build a gazebo on his property.

LH Panther Mom
PART 2

She said that because Mr. Booth's driver's license had been suspended, Robert Dinkel drove nearly every weekend from Irwin to Elizabeth Township to bring Mr. Booth and Rachel to his home. She said Mr. Dinkel needed Rachel to clean dishes and vacuum the five-bedroom, three-bathroom house because his wife suffered from a debilitating disease.

During that six-month period, she said, Mr. Booth never built the gazebo, even though he had been paid.

"He's the smoothest talking man that I know of rather than car salesmen," Ms. Dinkel said. "He can talk his way out of anything."

Rachel earned about $20 each weekend, Ms. Dinkel said.

Court records show that on Feb. 16, 2006, Rachel called her mother early in the morning saying that she had tried to commit suicide. A possible reason came to light a week later when Mr. Booth called Ms. Fazek and said that Rachel claimed she had been sexually assaulted around New Year's by Robert Dinkel.

The Irwin Police Department had begun an investigation on Jan. 7, according to Officer Michael J. Thomas. He said the department had been contacted by "family members," whom he declined to identify. The investigation, he said, included Westmoreland County detectives and the district attorney's office.

During this time, Siti Dinkel said she overheard a conversation between her husband and his brother. She recalled that the men said Mr. Booth had agreed to drop charges of sexual assault if he were paid $30,000 and given back the Beale Street home.

She said her brother-in-law denied any improprieties with Rachel Booth. Ms. Dinkel said she told her husband and his brother not to deal with Mr. Booth.

On Feb. 9, Robert Dinkel, 49, committed suicide, ending the investigation.

In March 2006, Ms. Dinkel evicted Mr. Booth and the two children for not paying about $1,500 in bills. When she entered the house after the family left, it was stripped of everything, including the kitchen sink. In addition, she said, she found animal feces throughout the house.

The Booths moved into the first floor of 5802 Pitt St. in Elizabeth Township. Although Rachel and Matthew Jr. had attended school in the Elizabeth Forward School District, last year Mr. Booth enrolled his daughter in the Pennsylvania Cyber Charter School.

Neighbor Jason Mervosh said he never noticed any abuse or heard anything strange coming from the Booths' house across Pitt Street.

"I didn't know anything about any abuse," he said. "We heard arguments, but families argue. There was never anything out of the ordinary."

But another neighbor said Rachel told her Mr. Booth had sexually and physically abused her since she was 7. Suzanne Gruber, who lives across the street from the Booth home, said she could hear Rachel screaming some nights: "No, daddy! No! I'm sorry."

For the past few weeks, Rachel had been employed at Boston Stitchery, where her talent as a seamstress was utilized. She recently got her first paycheck, an accomplishment in which she took pride.

Mr. Booth was in good spirits Sunday night as residents in the close-knit neighborhood gathered in one neighbor's yard for some camaraderie and beer, Mr. Mervosh said. He recalled that Mr. Booth told him he hoped soon to marry a woman from Masontown who recently had visited the Booth home with her child.

"We were teasing him. I said, 'Why don't you date for a while? Getting married is a big step,' " Mr. Mervosh said.

Rachel was intermittently at the party and at one point, Mr. Mervosh chastised her for "being mouthy." A verbal altercation with Mr. Booth ensued. Mr. Mervosh said he went home to bed and was awakened when police arrived at his home to speak with him about the altercation after Mr. Booth's body was discovered Monday.

Elizabeth Township Police Chief Robert W. McNeilly Jr. said it was the township's first homicide in at least a decade. He couldn't recall the department having any involvement with the Booth family beyond a single call about one of the children while they were at school. He declined to elaborate.

"It's kind of sad because it seems like the type of situation that more should have been brought to our attention," the chief said. "I thought, 'If somebody had heard that [screaming by Rachel], why didn't they call?' Some of the neighbors had to have known there were some real problems. If you hear screaming in the middle of the night, at least the police should be called."

The county Office of Children, Youth and Families issued a statement yesterday about the case.

"Because of Pennsylvania's strict confidentiality law, we cannot speak about specific issues," the statement reads. "We can say that the Department of Human Services is looking into this situation and launching a thorough investigation of whether the family was involved in any of our systems.

"We also want to stress that protecting children is everyone's responsibility."

First published at PG NOW on July 31, 2007 at 11:42 pm
Steve Levin can be reached at slevin@post-gazette.com or 412-263-1919. Torsten Ove can be reached at tove@post-gazette.com or 412-263-1652. Michael A. Fuoco can be reached at mfuoco@post-gazette.com or 412-263-1968.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07213/805918-55.stm

Necks_Fan
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Take a look at this. The neighbors knew it was going on. In my opinion, there are instances of "justifiable homicide" and this (again IMO) type of situation is one of those instances.

Elizabeth Township girl charged in dad's killing
Police are silent, but neighbors say teen was victim of sexual, physical abuse for several years
Tuesday, July 31, 2007
By Torsten Ove and Jim McKinnon, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
A 13-year-old girl fatally shot her father in the face with a shotgun early yesterday morning as he slept in their Elizabeth Township home, according to police.

Bill Wade, Post-Gazette
Humane officer Katie Waters handles a thin coon dog taken from the home in the Boston section of Elizabeth Township where Matthew J. Booth, 34, was found dead from a shotgun wound. Police said they found a number of animals and pets in the house, which was littered with pet feces. At least four dogs, four cats and rabbits and other pets were taken by animal-control officers to Animal Friends, an animal resource center in Ohio Township.
Click photo for larger image.
Rachel Booth was held without bond last night in the Allegheny County Jail, charged as an adult with homicide in the death of Matthew J. Booth, 34. She faces a preliminary hearing Friday.
In an affidavit supporting the arrest, Allegheny County police did not reveal a motive.

Detectives said only that the girl acknowledged that she killed Mr. Booth with his 12-gauge shotgun at 2:21 a.m. on the first floor of 5802 Pitt St., where Mr. Booth lived with the girl and her 14-year-old brother, Matthew Booth Jr.

But a close neighbor said the girl told her that Mr. Booth had sexually and physically abused her since she was 7.

"The whole street knew about it," said Suzanne Gruber, 20, who lives across the street from the Booth home.

"He abused them both," she said. "Some nights I would hear her screaming, 'No, daddy! No! I'm sorry.' She said she just couldn't take it anymore."

Other sources confirmed that allegations of abuse were the motive.

The girl initially told authorities at the Elizabeth police station that someone broke in and killed her father.

But while she was still at the station, Rachel admitted she shot her father, Ms. Gruber said.

Ms. Gruber and other neighbors said Mr. Booth also had physically abused Rachel's brother.

Elizabeth officers discovered Mr. Booth's body lying face up on a bed or couch on the first floor of the home after the children called police. He was pronounced dead at 2:39 a.m.

Officers found deplorable conditions in the house, said James Morton, assistant county police superintendent.

Police discovered numerous animals and pets in the home, which was littered with feces. Animal control officers removed at least four dogs, four cats and a number of rabbits and other pets.

"It was one of the worst houses our detectives have been in," Assistant Superintendent Morton said.

He declined to discuss a motive for the shooting, nor would he provide details about what the children told police.

"It's a delicate situation because of the age of the kids," he said.

The county's Children, Youth and Families agency, which had been involved previously with the Booths, was notified to arrange care for Matthew Booth Jr. He was placed in the custody of his grandparents.

He was not a suspect in the incident.

According to the affidavit, the boy told police that he was in his second-floor bedroom when he heard a "disturbance followed by a single gunshot on the first floor."

He said he found the shotgun near his father's body, opened the gun and ejected the spent shell casing.

Police disclosed no other details of the shooting or its aftermath.

The children's mother, Michelle Fazek, 33, of White Oak, refused to comment on the shooting yesterday, saying she didn't want to say anything that might hurt her daughter's case.

She and Mr. Booth, her ex-boyfriend, have had ongoing domestic and custody battles since 1991, when they first started living together on Beale Street in McKeesport.

They have three children together and were living as a family until 2005, when Ms. Fazek filed a protection-from-abuse petition against Mr. Booth, saying he had threatened her with a shotgun.

Mr. Booth had previously accused Ms. Fazek of abusing the children, according to court records.

Last year, Mr. Booth won temporary custody of Rachel and Matthew. Ms. Fazek won custody of the youngest child, 12-year-old Elizabeth.

Ms. Fazek said she had been trying to get the older children returned to her.

In court papers, she accused Mr. Booth of improperly caring for them, "particularly the daughter Rachel, who is in physical and emotional crisis."

First published at PG NOW on July 30, 2007 at 11:01 pm
Torsten Ove can be reached at tove@post-gazette.com or 412-231-0132. Jim McKinnon can be reached at jmckinnon@post-gazette.com or 412-263-1939.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07212/805648-55.stm If the neighbors knew she was being "SEXUALLY AND PHYSICALLY" abused then they should have reported it, and if they didn't, then it's a crime to not report a crime isn't it?

There is no such thing as "justifiable Homicide." There is such a thing as self defense, but he was ASLEEP. She or anybody "on the street," since they all knew could have called the police and had him locked up for 25 years+.

This was a senseless crime and she should be punished. I can't stand to hear you people defend a murderer. He was in the wrong, but she cold blooded killed him. She could have chose a different route is all I'm saying.

LH Panther Mom
04-12-2008, 09:22 AM
If the neighbors knew she was being "SEXUALLY AND PHYSICALLY" abused then they should have reported it, and if they didn't, then it's a crime to not report a crime isn't it?

There is no such thing as "justifiable Homicide." There is such a thing as self defense, but he was ASLEEP. She or anybody "on the street," since they all knew could have called the police and had him locked up for 25 years+.

This was a senseless crime and she should be punished. I can't stand to hear you people defend a murderer. He was in the wrong, but she cold blooded killed him. She could have chose a different route is all I'm saying.
This will be my last post about it, but if you have never been in a relationship that involves abuse of any kind, then you really can't understand.

Necks_Fan
04-12-2008, 09:26 AM
Their neighbors should be justifiably killed for letting a little girl get raped and beat for 6 years. Anybody want to explain why they didn't go to the police before hand?

If my next door neighbor, who has a 8 y/o daughter, was beating and raping his daughter, I sure as hell would have called the police and CPS the very second I heard about it, not after she killed her dad.

Necks_Fan
04-12-2008, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
This will be my last post about it, but if you have never been in a relationship that involves abuse of any kind, then you really can't understand. I'm sure since I have never been in an abusive relationship, that means that I can't comprehend why she would kill her dad or the neighbors wouldn't squeal. If you have been in an abusive relationship, (I'm very sorry if you have) then I can bet you that you didn't kill that person.

pirate4state
04-12-2008, 09:35 AM
She could have chose a different route is all I'm saying.

It's easier said than done!

Necks_Fan
04-12-2008, 09:41 AM
It's easier said than done! IMO, it's alot harder to pull the trigger on your own father than it is to pick up the phone. Obviously she wasn't scared to tell someone because she told the neighbor.And, again, maybe one of the people on her street could have called the police for her, since "The whole street knew."

pirate4state
04-12-2008, 09:51 AM
IMO, it's alot harder to pull the trigger on your own father than it is to pick up the phone. Obviously she wasn't scared to tell someone because she told the neighbor.And, again, maybe one of the people on her street could have called the police for her, since "The whole street knew."

Well, I'm glad you have it all figured out if you are ever in that position, but I hope you never are.

Txbroadcaster
04-12-2008, 09:55 AM
IMO, it's alot harder to pull the trigger on your own father than it is to pick up the phone. Obviously she wasn't scared to tell someone because she told the neighbor.And, again, maybe one of the people on her street could have called the police for her, since "The whole street knew."

Yep she told the neighbors, and they did nothing so this reaffirms her fear that no one could/would help.

Sorry but their is such a thing as justifiable homicide. Self Defense does not IMO mean you have to be attacked to kill someone.

Necks_Fan
04-12-2008, 10:00 AM
Yep she told the neighbors, and they did nothing so this reaffirms her fear that no one could/would help.

Sorry but their is such a thing as justifiable homicide. Self Defense does not IMO mean you have to be attacked to kill someone. I just think that if ANYONE of them would have stepped forward, and noone did, it could have been a lot better for everyone. Just think about what this girl will go through the rest of her life. It's a shame.:(

Txbroadcaster
04-12-2008, 10:01 AM
I just think that if ANYONE of them would have stepped forward, and noone did, it could have been a lot better for everyone. Just think about what this girl will go through the rest of her life. It's a shame.:(

Yes it is, but I think she is better off now with her abuser eliminated

Necks_Fan
04-12-2008, 10:05 AM
Yes it is, but I think she is better off now with her abuser eliminated The exact point of my response was that he could be eliminated a different way. 25 to life is no punk.