PDA

View Full Version : Great Softball tonight in Orange Grove between Orange Grove and Sinton!

Phil C
04-11-2008, 09:37 AM
If you like good softball this will be the place to be tonight. The plains of Orange Grove will be rumbling under this collision. Orange Grove is in second place and battling for a playoff spot while Sinton can cinch the district with a win. This makes for another epic battle. Also due to the move up dates Orange Grove has had extra time to prepare. That increases the risk.

pirate4state
04-11-2008, 10:00 AM
LOL

Phil, Sinton has also had "extra time" to prepare, but you already know that! :doh:

Phil C
04-11-2008, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
LOL

Phil, Sinton has also had "extra time" to prepare, but you already know that! :doh:

Don't forget that some of our players have competed at the district track meet this week. Fatigue could also be a factor.

pirate4state
04-11-2008, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Don't forget that some of our players have competed at the district track meet this week. Fatigue could also be a factor. You're right. I'm sure NONE of the Orange Grove softball players run track.

3afan
04-11-2008, 10:32 AM
I have 21-6 Plano West @ 23-3 Plano tonight ...

Phil C
04-11-2008, 10:33 AM
I think I'm the only one that sees a very close softball game coming in Orange Grove tonight.

pirate4state
04-11-2008, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
I have 21-6 Plano West @ 23-3 Plano tonight ... Nice! :clap:

pirate4state
04-11-2008, 10:42 AM
I think I'm the only one that sees a very close softball game coming in Orange Grove tonight. Doubtful. I'm sure the OG fans also see a very close game tonight.

Johnny Utah
04-11-2008, 11:06 AM
Phil C, I will bet you $1 million dollars right now it will not be a close game!

Johnny Utah
04-11-2008, 11:23 AM
Pierat4state you get half. I will buy Marys in Strawn and build an even bigger house in Mingus!!!

pirate4state
04-11-2008, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Pierat4state you get half. I will buy Marys in Strawn and build an even bigger house in Mingus!!! LOL

FutureAD
04-11-2008, 01:05 PM
how did i know i would look on the board today and see phil making a call that this game would be close...i literally looked for this thread...lol

ill call this game to be 17-2 in 4 innings...lol if you consider that close then yes it will be a close game

pirate4state
04-11-2008, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by FutureAD
how did i know i would look on the board today and see phil making a call that this game would be close...i literally looked for this thread...lol

ill call this game to be 17-2 in 4 innings...lol if you consider that close then yes it will be a close game

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Now, now FutureAD our girls have not played in 7 days. Surely, they'll be "rusty" and this could pose a delay in getting those runs.

I don't like making score predictions so I'll just say I like our chances for a "W" :)

Phil C
04-11-2008, 01:21 PM

Now, now FutureAD our girls have not played in 7 days. Surely, they'll be "rusty" and this could pose a delay in getting those runs.

I don't like making score predictions so I'll just say I like our chances for a "W" :)

SEe FutureAD. P4S agrees with me. That is frightening isn't it. We must play careful tonight.

pirate4state
04-11-2008, 01:23 PM
HAHAHAHAHA

Phil C
04-11-2008, 01:24 PM
A few years ago our softball team played Mathis in Mathis near the end of the year. We played our worse game of the year and Mathis their best game of the year and got beat. Fortunately we won the next game and won district but it does bring home the fact that you have to be cautious and careful. This game tonight will possibly go into extra innings.

Phil C
04-11-2008, 01:25 PM

Remember too that closeness is in the eyes of the beholder. :)

pirate4state
04-11-2008, 01:26 PM
A few years ago our softball team played Mathis in Mathis near the end of the year. We played our worse game of the year and Mathis their best game of the year and got beat. Fortunately we won the next game and won district but it does bring home the fact that you have to be cautious and careful. This game tonight will possibly go into extra innings. yeah, innings 6 & 7 lmao :o oops, did I say that out loud?? :eek:

FutureAD
04-11-2008, 01:30 PM

aww see what you did rita you gave him hope now that its gonna be a close game...haha

pirate4state
04-11-2008, 01:35 PM
aww see what you did rita you gave him hope now that its gonna be a close game...haha

:evillol:

FutureAD
04-11-2008, 01:41 PM
A few years ago our softball team played Mathis in Mathis near the end of the year. We played our worse game of the year and Mathis their best game of the year and got beat. Fortunately we won the next game and won district but it does bring home the fact that you have to be cautious and careful. This game tonight will possibly go into extra innings.

i wont lie phil the last time i saw sinton play orange grove...they were more fundamentaly prepared to play than other teams in the district but just not good enough to beat sinton...so im sorry but im gonna have to stick with my opinion and sinton wins big...lol :D

Johnny Utah
04-11-2008, 02:16 PM
Phil C, $2 Million dollars that the game DOES NOT GO to extra innings!! I need some college money for the kiddos!!!

SINTON81
04-11-2008, 02:28 PM
You're right. I'm sure NONE of the Orange Grove softball players run track. Yes, but they didn't run as fast as the Sinton girls. Thats why they won't be as tired.:D :D

Phil C
04-11-2008, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by SINTON81
Yes, but they didn't run as fast as the Sinton girls. Thats why they won't be as tired.:D :D

More risk. :(

Phil C
04-11-2008, 04:07 PM
Gee I hope I don't get lost trying to find the softball field in Orange Grove this evening. :(

3afan
04-12-2008, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
I have 21-6 Plano West @ 23-3 Plano tonight ...

West won 4-3

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-13-2008, 08:43 AM
Gee I hope I don't get lost trying to find the softball field in Orange Grove this evening. :(

Who won?

sinton66
04-13-2008, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Who won?
Sinton won 11-1.

butchdawg
04-13-2008, 12:36 PM
You're right. I'm sure NONE of the Orange Grove softball players run track. the catcher from OG runs track. she is on all the relays but one fast girl on the relay wont get you to regionals. she did go to regionals in golf. she is the also the one that got a true hit friday night. with that said congrats to a bunch of talented softball players.

pirate4state
04-13-2008, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by butchdawg
the catcher from OG runs track. she is on all the relays but one fast girl on the relay wont get you to regionals. she did go to regionals in golf. she is the also the one that got a true hit friday night. with that said congrats to a bunch of talented softball players.

I was being sarcastic about the track thing. ;)

Congrats to her for advancing to Regionals in golf! :thumbsup:

There were a few other girls that had hits for OG, but hers was the prettiest. :)

Good Luck in the playoffs!

butchdawg
04-13-2008, 03:27 PM
I was being sarcastic about the track thing. ;)

Congrats to her for advancing to Regionals in golf! :thumbsup:

There were a few other girls that had hits for OG, but hers was the prettiest. :)

Good Luck in the playoffs! thanks. OG is a good softball team but when they play sinton they show up to play not to win and that makes a difference. this is a young team and i have confidence their coach will take them to the playoffs.

Phil C
04-14-2008, 09:05 AM
It wasn't until the seventh inning that Sinton took complete control of this game. After the third inning I told P4S that it was going to be a close game and how they could also call me Prophet Phil. :) She was speechless.

Good job Lady Pirates and Pirates. Great wins in OG. Sinton Lady Pirates cinched the 30AAA District Championship.