PDA

View Full Version : Snyder to get turf if.....

SNYDER325TIGERS
04-10-2008, 06:26 PM
"Snyder school trustees give the green light this evening, artificial turf could be installed on Tiger Stadium within about 90 days". Quote from Snyder Daily News...

PHS Wildcats
04-10-2008, 07:45 PM
Good luck, were suppose to be getting turf as well, but haven't heard anything else about it.

orange machine
04-10-2008, 08:07 PM
I think the field turf is all good, but over rated. Man you cant go wrong with natural grass. I remember the smell of the grass on those cool friday nights when the grass would get dew on it and you would be wet and have grass stains that was fun.

SUPERMANN5107
04-10-2008, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
I think the field turf is all good, but over rated. Man you cant go wrong with natural grass. I remember the smell of the grass on those cool friday nights when the grass would get dew on it and you would be wet and have grass stains that was fun.

Plus you never had to worry about all those little black "turf monsters" getting in your eyes and mouth. I don't know what that stuff does, but it was always annoying.

orange machine
04-10-2008, 08:21 PM
Football is not supposed to be pretty its a fun nasty sport. If people want to be pretty then they need to hit the hard wood. You are supposed to get dirty when you play football.

Ranger Mom
04-10-2008, 09:28 PM
I bet Black Magic hates to hear that!!

SUPERMANN5107
04-10-2008, 10:56 PM
Football is not supposed to be pretty its a fun nasty sport. If people want to be pretty then they need to hit the hard wood. You are supposed to get dirty when you play football.

Never said it wasn't. However, I'd rather get muddy than have those things on me anyday :D

STANG RED
04-10-2008, 11:12 PM

yea but in this west texas heat those natural grass fields are in pretty sorry shape come playoff time, and nobody wants to us them if there is a good field turf stadium available. If water were always readily available, and it werent for all those dry hot days like we have out here, I would agree with you.

Snyder_TigerFan
04-11-2008, 12:59 PM
Turf was approved along with other improvments to the stadium.

injuredinmelee
04-11-2008, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan

enough seating on the home side so that the visitors dont have to share seats with the home town fans in those improvement plans?

Ranger Mom
04-11-2008, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
enough seating on the home side so that the visitors dont have to share seats with the home town fans in those improvement plans?

When we played them this season, there was PLENTY of seating on the home side...but there was still a big, fat, obnoxious Tiger fan that sat RIGHT in the middle of Greenwood fans and ran his mouth!!

Thank goodness I know enough Tiger fans to know that the majority aren't like that!!:D

Snydertigersrul
04-11-2008, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan

Turf was improved. An advisory committee will present recommendations in the near future about improvements to the stadium, Worsham Auditorium and the band and choir halls, but the board didn't consider any improvements at last night's meeting, except for turf.

Snydertigersrul
04-11-2008, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
When we played them this season, there was PLENTY of seating on the home side...but there was still a big, fat, obnoxious Tiger fan that sat RIGHT in the middle of Greenwood fans and ran his mouth!!

Thank goodness I know enough Tiger fans to know that the majority aren't like that!!:D

You are always welcome to watch with me from high above.

LionKing
04-11-2008, 02:02 PM
Congratulations to Snyder, now all 6 schools in 2-3A have field turf, or will have before football season starts.

injuredinmelee
04-11-2008, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

through pennies at them. Thats what we do. Sooner or later they move cause they are tired of it or start causing a scene and the cops or stadium personell move them

Ranger Mom
04-11-2008, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
through pennies at them. Thats what we do. Sooner or later they move cause they are tired of it or start causing a scene and the cops or stadium personell move them

He was sitting behind me actually! One of the dads exchanged some words with him and I noticed after halftime he was no longer there.

STR....first of all, I hate sitting in the pressbox, too far away from the action for me.

PLUS....had you come down from your lofty position, you would have been able to meet Butkus!

orange machine
04-11-2008, 04:49 PM
Celina has field turf we just need a bigger stadium now. They added on to iin 2004, but itsalready to small.