PDA

View Full Version : Fishing

Curly
04-10-2008, 02:19 PM
What is your favorite place to fish?
Lake?
River?
Stock Tank?
Thinking about going fishing this afternoon or maybe this weekend with the kiddos and wife.
worms or bait fish?
fly fishing
Lets here about your fishing trips
funny
or just memorable
It's a Thursday afternoon and aint nothing else being talked about

ToroChingon
04-10-2008, 02:23 PM
Laguna Madre at night, listening to the bands from the Island, tightline fishing the potholes with finger mullet for HUGE Specs!

Curly
04-10-2008, 02:26 PM
http://users.bandzoogle.com/BlueMarlinBand/images/content/BlueMarlin_logo_Orange_letter.jpgThis would be fun to fish for I think....................................

c-town_balla
04-10-2008, 02:28 PM
Stock Tank in Pettibone, Tx......Wild Eye Shad in Exotic colors and blue black worms

nobogey72
04-10-2008, 02:33 PM
Running a trot line across the Llano River, and baiting it with Hellgrammites that we had just sained out of the running water.

95 % of you don't have a clue what I'm talking about, but the 5% that do, know how much fun it is to sain Hellgrammites.:)

Ranger Mom
04-10-2008, 02:37 PM
Fishing rates up there with golf to me!!

Sorry Curly!! Have fun though!

Curly
04-10-2008, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Fishing rates up there with golf to me!!

Sorry Curly!! Have fun though!
you just aint fishin or golfin with the right folks
thats why you don't rate it very high

any excuse for a party
fishin
golfin
kids birthdays
ect..............

Silverback 04
04-10-2008, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Curly

any excuse for a party
fishin
golfin
kids birthdays
ect..............

My sentiments exactly. I once spent two full days fishing Falcon lake (1989). Caught a 8 lber and a 9 lber in the first morning and the spent the next day and a half casting with nary a nibble. Thankfully there was an ice chest full of my favorite alcoholic beverage.

Ranger Mom
04-10-2008, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Curly

any excuse for a party
fishin
golfin
kids birthdays
ect..............

I can find plenty excuses for a party and not have to use golfing or fishing!!:p

Silverback 04
04-10-2008, 02:54 PM
I can find plenty excuses for a party and not have to use golfing or fishing!!:p

I think the real problem is that you think you have to have an excuse to have a party. Really all you need is a beer and yourself, unless your high on life.

Ranger Mom
04-10-2008, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Silverback 04
I think the real problem is that you think you have to have an excuse to have a party. Really all you need is a beer and yourself, unless your high on life.

I don't really drink, so I guess I don't need an excuse.

I guess maybe if I DID drink, I might like fishing.....still can't see me liking golf!!:D :D

Curly
04-10-2008, 03:04 PM

See you are thinking like a woman
which make perfect sense
but you have to look at it from a male point of view

We don't really need a reason
but it helps if we have one
when we have to splain our actions

" Oh Honey we were just fishing- me and the boys"
not
"Oh Honey we are just going out drinking"

or

Sweet Thang I going to play golf with the boys this afternoon"
much better than
Sweet Thang "I am going to ride around a nice green field and get hammered this afternoon"

Silverback 04
04-10-2008, 03:13 PM
If you aren't into golf it is generally a drag to watch, much like baseball. However, if you started playing golf, not only would you enjoy it, but you would probably start watching it.

Even if you suck at golf, there is a little known golf rule instilled by the great golf God (Bobbyjonesias), that while you will spend most of the golf outing hitting the golf ball to places it aint' supposed to be, the last shot of the day always ends up going in the hole, thereby, giving the poor miserable golfer a reason to return to the course at the earliest possible date just to go thru the same process again.

Ranger Mom
04-10-2008, 03:16 PM
If you aren't into golf it is generally a drag to watch, much like baseball. However, if you started playing golf, not only would you enjoy it, but you would probably start watching it.

I had a membership at a country club during my first marriage...I tried it, I hated playing it (even though I wasn't half bad) and I still hate watching it.

Silverback 04
04-10-2008, 03:19 PM
Bad marriages have that effect on a lot of things. My dad has been married 6 times and he hates everything.... except Scotch!

deer spotter
04-10-2008, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Running a trot line across the Llano River, and baiting it with Hellgrammites that we had just sained out of the running water.

95 % of you don't have a clue what I'm talking about, but the 5% that do, know how much fun it is to sain Hellgrammites.:)
If you can't catch them seining,look under the rocks along the river edge.

Ranger Mom
04-10-2008, 04:23 PM
Bad marriages have that effect on a lot of things. My dad has been married 6 times and he hates everything.... except Scotch!

That's ironic that you say that.....my ex just bought a house and will be closing on it on the 18th. I will be over there on the 19th to help him paint it!

When my hubby gets home from work that day, he's gonna come over and help him wire in his hot tub!!:p :p

nobogey72
04-10-2008, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by deer spotter
If you can't catch them seining,look under the rocks along the river edge.

That's a fact. Ugly little creatures aren't they ? :eek:

eppy 12
04-10-2008, 04:34 PM
That's ironic that you say that.....my ex just bought a house and will be closing on it on the 18th. I will be over there on the 19th to help him paint it!

When my hubby gets home from work that day, he's gonna come over and help him wire in his hot tub!!:p :p wire in hot tub sounds like a plot to do hubby harm?:thinking:

Ranger Mom
04-10-2008, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by eppy 12
wire in hot tub sounds like a plot to do hubby harm?:thinking:

Given their size difference, I would be more worried if I was the "ex"!

eppy 12
04-10-2008, 04:38 PM
Given their size difference, I would be more worried if I was the "ex"! :thinking: :confused: i think that's what i meant "ex", thier size isn't important to me.:doh:

big daddy russ
04-10-2008, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by ToroChingon
Laguna Madre at night, listening to the bands from the Island, tightline fishing the potholes with finger mullet for HUGE Specs!
Love bay fishing. My second-favorite place to fish so far... but my fiance and I are going big game fishing on our honeymoon. That may knock everything else down a peg.

I'm pretty much stick to saltwater through and through. Although I enjoy bass fishing, I can't stand going for catfish. Love going out into the Gulf for snapper, grouper, etc, and those are my favorite fish to go out for so far (where else can a 12-inch fish break 12-lb test Spiderwire?). We'll see if it's still number one after the honeymoon.

Ranger Mom
04-10-2008, 04:43 PM
:thinking: :confused: i think that's what i meant "ex", thier size isn't important to me.:doh:

LOL!!

What I am TRYING to say....

1) hubby is bigger and stronger than the ex....so I don't worry about the wiring being a plot to do "hubby harm"...especially considering...

2) It was hubby's idea to begin with! He wired ours in so the ex was asking what all he needed, and the hubby said he would help him...

We are just cool like that!!:cool: :cool:

eppy 12
04-10-2008, 04:45 PM
LOL!!

What I am TRYING to say....

1) hubby is bigger and stronger than the ex....so I don't worry about the wiring being a plot to do "hubby harm"...especially considering...

2) It was hubby's idea to begin with! He wired ours in so the ex was asking what all he needed, and the hubby said he would help him...

We are just cool like that!!:cool: :cool: i think that's wonderful. haven't spoke to my ex since 1983, she's in sarasota fl so...amen......

Ranger Mom
04-10-2008, 04:55 PM
i think that's wonderful. haven't spoke to my ex since 1983, she's in sarasota fl so...amen......

After we split up, the main thing I got mad at him about was child support.....he went to prison for 2 years and just got out in September of last year......he is a changed man!!

And....he paid me all the back child support he owed me in one lump sum.....so that was cool!!

Also....he is the one who introduced me to the guy I am now married too!!:p :p

jlg043
04-10-2008, 05:04 PM
my brothers friend got a hook stuck in his thumb with the fish still on it! :o

trojan37
04-10-2008, 05:28 PM
Right now my favorite spot is Lake Mexia, and it's just starting to get about that time again. Rod and reel, a bucket of minnows, and I'm set all day for bass, some small catfish, and TONS of crappie. Never get tired of it.

sinton66
04-10-2008, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Love bay fishing. My second-favorite place to fish so far... but my fiance and I are going big game fishing on our honeymoon. That may knock everything else down a peg.

I'm pretty much stick to saltwater through and through. Although I enjoy bass fishing, I can't stand going for catfish. Love going out into the Gulf for snapper, grouper, etc, and those are my favorite fish to go out for so far (where else can a 12-inch fish break 12-lb test Spiderwire?). We'll see if it's still number one after the honeymoon.

What? No Deep Sea? 60 pound Amberjack, 20 pound King Mackeral, Cobia (Yellow Ling), Tarpon, Dolphin, etc. 12 pound test , HA! 60 pound test and 100 pound stainless steel leader on a Penn Senator and a short rod. Great fun!;)

Antec
04-10-2008, 08:27 PM
There's a small lake in Eagle Lake where we fish sometimes

Necks_Fan
04-10-2008, 08:33 PM
I fish SLPFP, the beach (for Sharks), bays in the boat, and I wade.

No freshwater for me.

I love daytime trout fishing.

The past 2 years I have placed in the STAR tournament. The first in Trout then in Flounder. (2nd and 3rd)

My biggest trout was the one that got 2nd and it was 29 1/4 in.

I absolutely hate fishing with tourists because they dont know how and they complain, not patient, etc.

People who don't like fishing, (RM) is usually because they have never experienced a great outing.

If you go with the right people, the right mind set, and the right weather then you should have a great time.

Like I said, I prefer saltwater to fresh, but that's just me. Probably because I have never had a great fresh water fishing experience.

big daddy russ
04-10-2008, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
What? No Deep Sea? 60 pound Amberjack, 20 pound King Mackeral, Cobia (Yellow Ling), Tarpon, Dolphin, etc. 12 pound test , HA! 60 pound test and 100 pound stainless steel leader on a Penn Senator and a short rod. Great fun!;)
I've caught some AJ, snapper, and ling off the first few sets of rigs in the Gulf, but never a tarpon, Mahi, or Tuna. I want to go in the worst way, but it's so freakin' expensive. Our trip this summer is setting us back $900, and that's a good deal.

I've wanted a billfish on my wall for years. Hopefully, I'll get something. A marlin, sailfish... heck, I'd be happy with a tuna or mahi.

JasperDog94
04-10-2008, 11:00 PM
My favorite place to fish is in the water...seriously...anytime I get to go, I'm havin' a good time.

cameron91
04-10-2008, 11:31 PM
sugar loaf mountain , elm creek , pump house ( lil river ) - but you have to cross the ditch down stream buzzard root , white sands black bridge..those hellgrammites , mane nothin like them bitin the shyt out of you.. best place is sneakin in the lake behind the dump ground in cameron huge bass... i forgot ledbetter park :D

nobogey72
04-11-2008, 06:46 AM
Given their size difference, I would be more worried if I was the "ex"!

I think we are getting waayyy too much information here.:eek: Let's try to keep it clean, RM. :D