PDA

View Full Version : Texas 2009 Football Recruits

Phil C
04-10-2008, 02:04 PM
It looks like UT is going to have a great class. Of course remember these are verbal commitments and are not official until signing day in February 2009 but the list below are players from Texas and according to Rivals they are all solid verbals and they are all from Texas. Texas loses very few Texas verbals. So far UT has 17 verbals and I look for there to be maybe three or four more left. We do need to get two defensive tackles and maybe one or possibly two more good prospects.

The verbal committment list at 4-10-08 are the following:

1. Tariq Allen, Linebacker from Irving.

2. Thomas Ashcraft, Offensive Lineman from Cedar Hill

3. Eryon Barnett, Defensive Back from Euless

4. Marcus Davis, Defensive Back from League City

5. Garrett Gilbert, Quarterback from Austin

6. Trey Graham, Tight End from Waco

7. Dominique Jones, Defensive End from Kilgore

8. Paden Kelley, Offensive Lineman from Austin

9. Kyle Kriegel, Defensive End from Elysian Fields

10. Barrett Matthews, Tight End from Galena Park

11. Patrick Nkwopara, Linebacker from Grand Prairie

12. Alex Okafor, Defensive End from Pfugerville

13. Garrett Porter, Offensive Lineman from Odessa

14. Greg Timmons, Wide Receiver from Aldine

15. Kenny Vaccaro, Defensive Back from Brownwood

16. Mason Walters, Offensive Lineman from Wolfforth

17. Chris Whaley, Running Back from Madisonville

Old Tiger
04-10-2008, 02:13 PM
Jemarcus McFarland would be a huge pick up but I'm not sure if Texas will get him or not. Dre Kirkpatrick is just a dream IMO but maybe Major and Muschamp could reel him in.

Phil C
04-10-2008, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Jemarcus McFarland would be a huge pick up but I'm not sure if Texas will get him or not. Dre Kirkpatrick is just a dream IMO but maybe Major and Muschamp could reel him in.

I agree. Jemarcus will probably be one that waits until signing day to decide. I have heard his mother likes Texas but that doesn't always mean anything. Probably if we get some good defensive tackles to verbal Coach Brown will probably take them.

Old Tiger
04-10-2008, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I agree. Jemarcus will probably be one that waits until signing day to decide. I have heard his mother likes Texas but that doesn't always mean anything. Probably if we get some good defensive tackles to verbal Coach Brown will probably take them. Phil you must remember that not too long ago there was a recruit out of California named Darrell Scott who allegedly liked Texas but his mothers persuasion sent him off to Colorado. :)

PHS Wildcats
04-10-2008, 07:53 PM
great class so far:clap:

Adidas410s
04-10-2008, 08:18 PM
McFarland has said that he wants to go out of state. Look for OU and LSU at this point...

trojan37
04-10-2008, 08:47 PM
Navasota's Dexter Pratt is a verbal to LSU.

eagles_victory
04-10-2008, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
Navasota's Dexter Pratt is a verbal to LSU. so we've heard a few times why would he be on this list though?

trojan37
04-10-2008, 10:39 PM
Just mentioning that Texas lost another player, going out of state as usual. Yes, the Longhorns do have some good talent already verbal, let's just hope this group has their heads screwed on straight.

Old Tiger
04-11-2008, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by trojan37
Just mentioning that Texas lost another player, going out of state as usual. Yes, the Longhorns do have some good talent already verbal, let's just hope this group has their heads screwed on straight. He's one of those potential players. When i saw him play he appeared vastly overrated.

Phil C
04-11-2008, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
McFarland has said that he wants to go out of state. Look for OU and LSU at this point...

But don't underestimate the power of a mother to influence at the last minute decisions. Just ask DS.

Adidas410s
04-11-2008, 10:54 AM
But don't underestimate the power of a mother to influence at the last minute decisions. Just ask DS. There are plenty of other recruits that chose to go elsewhere even though their moms wanted them at a certain school. Last year J.R. Bryant (a 4 star LB) wanted to go to OU. His mom hated the OU coaches because they never reached out to her but had a really good relationship with Texas Tech (and to a lesser degree O$U). He verballed to OU but then backed off of it...finally on signing day he signed his letter to OU but his mom refused to sign it. Instead, she signed a letter for him to commit to TT. It wasn't until a few weeks after signing day that she agreed to sign his OU letter.

lostaussie
04-11-2008, 12:40 PM
He's one of those potential players. When i saw him play he appeared vastly overrated. they always are when you don't get them:thinking:

Phil C
04-11-2008, 01:20 PM
When Texas Tech starts getting most of the top West Texas players they are bound to become a football power. They are frightfully close now.

LionKing
04-11-2008, 02:14 PM
It looks like UT is going to have a great class. Of course remember these are verbal commitments and are not official until signing day in February 2009 but the list below are players from Texas and according to Rivals they are all solid verbals and they are all from Texas. Texas loses very few Texas verbals. So far UT has 17 verbals and I look for there to be maybe three or four more left. We do need to get two defensive tackles and maybe one or possibly two more good prospects.

The verbal committment list at 4-10-08 are the following:

1. Tariq Allen, Linebacker from Irving.

2. Thomas Ashcraft, Offensive Lineman from Cedar Hill

3. Eryon Barnett, Defensive Back from Euless

4. Marcus Davis, Defensive Back from League City

5. Garrett Gilbert, Quarterback from Austin

6. Trey Graham, Tight End from Waco

7. Dominique Jones, Defensive End from Kilgore

8. Paden Kelley, Offensive Lineman from Austin

9. Kyle Kriegel, Defensive End from Elysian Fields

10. Barrett Matthews, Tight End from Galena Park

11. Patrick Nkwopara, Linebacker from Grand Prairie

12. Alex Okafor, Defensive End from Pfugerville

13. Garrett Porter, Offensive Lineman from Odessa

14. Greg Timmons, Wide Receiver from Aldine

15. Kenny Vaccaro, Defensive Back from Brownwood

16. Mason Walters, Offensive Lineman from Wolfforth

17. Chris Whaley, Running Back from Madisonville The Kennard kid from Arizona could end up being one 09' OOS recruit, and Trent Richardson, the running back from Florida (Pensacola Escambia-Ricky Williams look-a-like) really likes Texas and wants to visit, has had contact with Texas coaches.

yoemenkracker30
04-12-2008, 01:13 AM
I really can't see them going with another running back right now...I would think they are satisfied with whaley....big focus needs to be on defense....it sure would be nice if they could get McFarland, Calvin Howell, Kennard, and either Kirkpatrick from Alabama or the S Brent from SOC

Phil C
09-25-2008, 02:54 PM
As an update Texas has two more verbal committments in

18. Calvin Howell DT San Antonio

19. Derek Johnson DT Hoxie, AZ

They have been shown strong interest from Devon Kennard, DE from AZ. Unfortunately Devon had a season ending injury but all the colleges including Texas who have offered have left the offer over because he has the potential to come out of this and be a great defensive player. I think his injury occurred when he was playing running back of all things but these things happen.

Old Tiger
09-25-2008, 02:59 PM
I heard Craig Loston's mother and pastor talked him into taking a visit to Texas despite what his high school coach told him about the staff and it ended up that Loston really liked what he saw and enjoyed the trip. FWIW

Phil C
09-25-2008, 03:08 PM
I heard Craig Loston's mother and pastor talked him into taking a visit to Texas despite what his high school coach told him about the staff and it ended up that Loston really liked what he saw and enjoyed the trip. FWIW

Go he has also visited A&M and will probably make more visits to other schools so it looks like that verbal to Clemson is very soft. We will see. He would be a good addition because he is an outstanding safety.