PDA

View Full Version : mmmm....nothing like a good cup o'dung

BuffyMars
04-10-2008, 01:50 PM
Animal dung coffee at £50 a cup

The blend is made from two rare coffee beans
A gourmet coffee blended from animal droppings is being sold at a London department store for £50 per cup.

Jamaican Blue Mountain and the Kopi Luwak bean are used to create Caffe Raro which is thought to be the most expensive cup of coffee in the world.

Kopi Luwak beans are eaten, then passed, by the cat-like Asian palm civet, and sell for £324 a kilogram.

All profits from sales of the coffee at Peter Jones in Sloane Square in April will go to Macmillan Cancer Support.

Ripest berries

Asian palm civets, which live in the foliage of plantations across south-east Asia, are said to pick the best and ripest coffee berries.

Enzymes in their digestive system break down the flesh of the fruit before the animals expel the bean.

The beans are then collected from the plantation floor by workers who wash away the dung and roast them.

David Cooper, who created the blend, said: "These rare coffees have been slowly hand roasted for around 12 minutes to ensure that we maximise the potential of each coffee.

"The final roast colour is quite dark to ensure that the espresso is perfect for a smooth latte or cappuccino."

eppy 12
04-10-2008, 01:51 PM
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l239/eppy12/no_bullshit.jpg

kepdawg
04-10-2008, 01:53 PM
I read the title of this thread and thought I needed to make an eye doctor appointment!

eppy 12
04-10-2008, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
I read the title of this thread and thought I needed to make an eye doctor appointment! :D

BuffyMars
04-10-2008, 01:59 PM
i have had jamaican blue mtn. before and Kona is better and is $5/lb cheaper.

oh but i have had it minus the poo.

ToroChingon
04-10-2008, 02:19 PM
Editing a post that a mod has already edited, just in order to get it back in there, is NOT cool.....lhpm (edited AGAIN 4/13 8:50 am)

nobogey72
04-13-2008, 08:22 AM
This is the stuff that Jack Nicholson was drinking in the movie "The Bucket List". He didn't find out what it was made of till late in the movie. :)

Necks_Fan
04-13-2008, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by ToroChingon
Editing a post that a mod has already edited, just in order to get it back in there, is NOT cool.....lhpm (edited AGAIN 4/13 8:50 am) Is this why he go ejected, 'cause I was thinking the same thing.

That's bad.

sinton66
04-13-2008, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Is this why he go ejected, 'cause I was thinking the same thing.

That's bad.

Rules of the board: Note: These rules apply to every facet of 3ADownlow, usernames, posts, signatures, avatars, chatroom, pictures, links, private messages, EVERYTHING. If it's posted on 3ADownlow, these rules are enforced. All Moderators and Administrators are empowered to use their own judgement. Be aware that disciplinary actions are a private matter between the leadership and those who are disciplined. Our policy is not to discuss these matters with anyone.

Necks_Fan
04-13-2008, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
Rules of the board: Note: These rules apply to every facet of 3ADownlow, usernames, posts, signatures, avatars, chatroom, pictures, links, private messages, EVERYTHING. If it's posted on 3ADownlow, these rules are enforced. All Moderators and Administrators are empowered to use their own judgement. Be aware that disciplinary actions are a private matter between the leadership and those who are disciplined. Our policy is not to discuss these matters with anyone. Oh. Sorry. I was just wondering. And what is this business about Lhpm editing the post? It wasn't edited when I quoted it?????:thinking: :confused:

sinton66
04-13-2008, 09:32 AM
Oh. Sorry. I was just wondering. And what is this business about Lhpm editing the post? It wasn't edited when I quoted it?????:thinking: :confused:

All Moderators and Administrators are empowered to use their own judgement.

Not that hard to understand. If a post needs editing and you quote it first, yours will most likely be edited too.

Necks_Fan
04-13-2008, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
Not that hard to understand. If a post needs editing and you quote it first, yours will most likely be edited too. No, What I meant was the she said she already edied it once. How's that possible?

Emerson1
04-13-2008, 09:55 AM
No, What I meant was the she said she already edied it once. How's that possible?
She edited, he edited back to orginal, she edited again

PPHSfan
04-13-2008, 09:56 AM
Dang,

Musta been good. Sorry I missed it.:D

Necks_Fan
04-13-2008, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
She edited, he edited back to orginal, she edited again Why would you edit a post back to what it was, if it was bad enough to edit it to begin with?

sinton66
04-13-2008, 01:39 PM
Can we stop hijacking this thread?

Sweetwater Red
04-13-2008, 01:51 PM
I saw this on the Food network. That crazy guy that travels
the world to eat the grossest foods imaginable.:speech:

I think his name is Anthony Bourdain (?).

jason
04-14-2008, 07:53 AM
there was a chinese lady behind the counter at the burger king in the seattle airport and her name was Dung.....

Sweetwater Red
04-14-2008, 11:27 AM
ttt

There's no way we can let this thread fall off the first page today.:thinking: :D :devil:

nobogey72
04-14-2008, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
ttt

There's no way we can let this thread fall off the first page today.:thinking: :D :devil:

I happen to really like that dung coffee. The only thing I don't like about it is that although it tastes good at the time, later it kindof leaves a crappy taste in your mouth. Which can be a problem especially if you are talking to someone about 3A FOOTBALL.:thinking: :thinking:

Ranger Mom
04-14-2008, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
I happen to really like that dung coffee. The only thing I don't like about it is that although it tastes good at the time, later it kindof leaves a crappy taste in your mouth. Which can be a problem especially if you are talking to someone about 3A FOOTBALL.:thinking: :thinking:

LOL!!:p :p

Originally posted by PPHSfan
Dang,

Musta been good. Sorry I missed it.:D

Trust me....you aren't sorry you missed it!!:doh:

eppy 12
04-14-2008, 11:57 AM
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l239/eppy12/coffee.jpg;) http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l239/eppy12/hyper.gif

nobogey72
04-14-2008, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
ttt

what does.......ttt.......stand for?:confused:

DaHop72
04-14-2008, 01:31 PM
what does.......ttt.......stand for?:confused: To the top.:thumbsup:

nobogey72
04-14-2008, 03:41 PM
I wonder why someone hasn't opened up a new doughnut and coffee franchise like Jack N Jill, Krispy Kreme it could be

'DUNG N DOUGHNUTS"

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

eppy 12
04-14-2008, 03:44 PM
I wonder why someone hasn't opened up a new doughnut and coffee franchise like Jack N Jill, Krispy Kreme it could be

'DUNG N DOUGHNUTS"

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap: :clap:

AP Panther Fan
04-14-2008, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by eppy 12
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l239/eppy12/coffee.jpg;) http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l239/eppy12/hyper.gif

Am I the only one that sees this on quite a few of Eppy's pictures? I guess he is deleting them from his photobucket album. It always make me wonder what I missed.:p

LH Panther Mom
04-14-2008, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Am I the only one that sees this on quite a few of Eppy's pictures? I guess he is deleting them from his photobucket album. It always make me wonder what I missed.:p
Well, I see that picture, so uhm..... :confused: (I have seen the thingy you're talking about on others. ;) )

Sweetwater Red
04-14-2008, 04:47 PM

Can you not see a picture of a woman drinking coffee?

AP Panther Fan
04-14-2008, 04:51 PM
No, I see what I quoted. Are y'all just jacking with me?:cool:

Ranger Mom
04-14-2008, 05:10 PM
No, I see what I quoted. Are y'all just jacking with me?:cool:

I see a picture of woman drinking coffee with the caption, "DRINK COFFEE...do stupid things faster with more energy!

AP Panther Fan
04-14-2008, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I see a picture of woman drinking coffee with the caption, "DRINK COFFEE...do stupid things faster with more energy!

hmmm, I don't know why I would see this photobucket message.:thinking: I use photobucket, so it isn't like I am blocked from it.:confused:

Ranger Mom
04-14-2008, 05:17 PM
I took this one directly from the web...can you see it?

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/PS/11515~Drink-Coffee-Posters.jpg

AP Panther Fan
04-14-2008, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I took this one directly from the web...can you see it?

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/PS/11515~Drink-Coffee-Posters.jpg

yes, I can see yours...interesting. I just checked and I could get into my photobucket. I couldn't get imageshack to open for some reason, but I think that it is on their end. I use both, that's why this has me baffled. Oh well.:)

Phantom Stang
04-15-2008, 06:10 PM
hmmm, I don't know why I would see this photobucket message.:thinking: I use photobucket, so it isn't like I am blocked from it.:confused:
Don't feel alone.
I got the same message.:confused: