PDA

View Full Version : Bottled Water . . .

BobcatBenny
04-10-2008, 01:24 PM
. . . as the media has latched on to it, is apparently the cause of our social and environmental ills.

I knew it! So, now I get to tell my grown kids, I was right. Every time I made them drink out of the slimy public water fountain, they were not only being fiscally responsible, but they were being socially and environmentally responsible as well.

I hope all of you bottled water drinkers, driving around in your hybrid vehicles, have nightmares over the thousands of poisionous bottles you have introduced into our society and environment!

:eek: :p :D :devil: :eek: :p :D :devil:

Ranger Mom
04-10-2008, 01:30 PM
If the water in Midland taster better, I probably wouldn't drink bottled water...I just can't stand the taste of the tap water here!!!

Phil C
04-10-2008, 01:30 PM
I am so ashamed! :(

BuffyMars
04-10-2008, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
If the water in Midland taster better, I probably wouldn't drink bottled water...I just can't stand the taste of the tap water here!!!

same here. if the water doesn't taste good to me, i am not going to drink it.

tap water was great in marshall....but no where else does it taste good to me.

and since we are on the subject of tap water.....do people in sweetwater even drink their own water?

i know everytime we go visit fam there, we always took thermos' of water to make our own tea and such.

Ranger Mom
04-10-2008, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars

and since we are on the subject of tap water.....do people in sweetwater even drink their own water?

i know everytime we go visit fam there, we always took thermos' of water to make our own tea and such.

A couple of years ago I made Sonic refund me my money because the used tap water in my drink. I could taste it the first sip and told them they should let customers know that their R/O system is not working...I guess they think we are stupid.....and some people probably are!:D

c-town_balla
04-10-2008, 01:37 PM

But isn't the water sweet there?

:D :D

BobcatBenny
04-10-2008, 01:44 PM
I just saw a Walmart commercial that was pushing the fact that if everyone in the United States bought their water filter, then there would be billions of less of those egregious bottles introduced into our environment!

I never imagined that the green movement would turn and devour the bottled water industry. :)

I have been green and I didn't even know it. :clap:

kepdawg
04-10-2008, 01:44 PM
Do people who drink bottled water think it tastes good?

Ranger Mom
04-10-2008, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Do people who drink bottled water think it tastes good?

It tastes a lot better than Midland tap water!!

I love Dasani and supposedly it's also tap water...but at least it tastes good.

The best water I have ever tasted was from Big Bend....my parents filled their water tank with some natural spring water....it had a bite or something to it...it was REALLY good!!

Silverback 04
04-10-2008, 01:49 PM
I will typically walk outside and drink out of the water hose just to show my 3 daughters that it can be done. They in turn tell me, "Dad, your so random". I think that must mean heroic/cool.

pirate4state
04-10-2008, 01:50 PM
We have Culligan water here at the office. I drink that stuff all day long.

When I'm at home, I'll just drink tap water with lots of ICE! :)

If I'm out & about it's bottled water for me.

DO NOT DRINK THE WATER IN SWEETWATER!!! ACK! OR TYNAN. :hairpunk: :hairpunk:

eppy 12
04-10-2008, 01:53 PM
If the water in Midland taster better, I probably wouldn't drink bottled water...I just can't stand the taste of the tap water here!!! yep, if it taster better in kville i would use the tap also. BUT I DO RECYCLE!:p

Ranger Mom
04-10-2008, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
We have Culligan water here at the office. I drink that stuff all day long.

When I'm at home, I'll just drink tap water with lots of ICE! :)

If I'm out & about it's bottled water for me.

DO NOT DRINK THE WATER IN SWEETWATER!!! ACK! OR TYNAN. :hairpunk: :hairpunk:

How is Stanton water?? I know Midland and Big Spring is BOTH terrible.

We have well water at our house, but I still buy the 5 gallons bottles of water and put on the dispenser!

DU_stud04
i like water :)

BuffyMars
i'm an ozarka girl. we pay 30 a month to have it delivered to our house now.

we even use it to fill the ice trays as well.

the water we have here in forney is NASTY!

Black_Magic
04-10-2008, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
. . . as the media has latched on to it, is apparently the cause of our social and environmental ills.

I knew it! So, now I get to tell my grown kids, I was right. Every time I made them drink out of the slimy public water fountain, they were not only being fiscally responsible, but they were being socially and environmentally responsible as well.

I hope all of you bottled water drinkers, driving around in your hybrid vehicles, have nightmares over the thousands of poisionous bottles you have introduced into our society and environment!

:eek: :p :D :devil: :eek: :p :D :devil: Now you can be proud!! So if those your talking about stop dringking bottled water and drive more fuel efficient cars what will you do? being that you now apparently care so much for the environment:rolleyes:

pirate4state
04-10-2008, 02:00 PM
How is Stanton water?? I know Midland and Big Spring is BOTH terrible.

We have well water at our house, but I still buy the 5 gallons bottles of water and put on the dispenser!

Stanton water is NASTY!!! I'm glad I only visit for 2-3 days at a time. One time I had to stay there for a WHOLE WEEK and my hair was nasty. The water was just so hard.

You know it's bad when the water stains the toilet, tub and ruins clothes!! :eek: :eek:

Ranger Mom
04-10-2008, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Stanton water is NASTY!!! I'm glad I only visit for 2-3 days at a time. One time I had to stay there for a WHOLE WEEK and my hair was nasty. The water was just so hard.

You know it's bad when the water stains the toilet, tub and ruins clothes!! :eek: :eek:

We have to replace our swimming pool pump at least once every 2 years because of all the calcium buildup...same with all of our faucets in the kitchen and bathrooms!

BobcatBenny
04-10-2008, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Now you can be proud!! So if those your talking about stop dringking bottled water and drive more fuel efficient cars what will you do? being that you now apparently care so much for the environment:rolleyes:
I have been driving a diesel since 2000.

Man I am a greenie weenie! :D

Thanks for pointing that out! :clap:

eppy 12
04-10-2008, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
i like water :) i like cake......:nerd:

Emerson1
04-10-2008, 02:55 PM
i'm an ozarka girl. we pay 30 a month to have it delivered to our house now.

we even use it to fill the ice trays as well.

the water we have here in forney is NASTY!
Who is WF's water provider?

I drink tap but it goes through our refrigerator filter.

Sweetwater Red
04-10-2008, 03:05 PM
Hands down the worst water in the entire state of Texas has to
be Big Spring's. It is plain awful.

BobcatBenny
04-10-2008, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Hands down the worst water in the entire state of Texas has to
be Big Spring's. It is plain awful.
I guarantee if you bottled it, it would sell. :eek:

Ranger Mom
04-10-2008, 03:49 PM
I guarantee if you bottled it, it would sell. :eek:

Midland and Big Spring get their city water from the same place!

You shouldn't be able to smell water, but you can that...and it's cloudy and has things floating in it.

I think Snyder water may tie into this somehow too!

CRMWD is our "water supply!"

BuffyMars
04-10-2008, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Who is WF's water provider?

I drink tap but it goes through our refrigerator filter.

the nasty water provider. i have no clue.

its BLECH!

Antec
04-10-2008, 08:29 PM
If my grandparents were alive, who owned a grocery for 30 pluas years, 1945-1978

Would be rolling in their graves knowing they are selling bottled water and for how much

My uncles and aunts had stores and beer joints too from Kendleton to Ganado and in betwee

Emerson1
04-10-2008, 08:30 PM
the nasty water provider. i have no clue.

its BLECH!
Sucks for y'all. Ours is alright out of the tap but I usually use the fridge because it comes out cold instantly.

espn1
04-10-2008, 09:04 PM
You can build a good house out of old tires and water bottles.

BobcatBenny
04-10-2008, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by espn1
You can build a good house out of old tires and water bottles.
You sure can, those houses are all over El Salvador! :(

Diocletian
04-10-2008, 11:14 PM
Bottled water is filtered 1000 times better than any public city water...

it's worth any amount of $$ you need to shell out, anyone under 90 years of age could appreciate it

if your choosing tap over bottled your probably BROKE or don't have a taste buds

i've known several people who've worked for city water companies, and that is exactly why i pay for bottled water

it's regulated more at the filtration unit, and the standard is set far higher for taste

bottled water doesn't make you a hippie, complaining about how the evolution of a necessary consumer good makes you look more like a tree hugger, hippies don't like bottled water- they live off the unaltered natural land, remember

espn1
04-11-2008, 12:01 AM
You sure can, those houses are all over El Salvador! :( I plan on building me an Earth Ship within the next 5 years.

waterboy
04-11-2008, 10:47 AM
The water in Gilmer is deep well water, tastes like bottled water, and is good and soft. I drink straight from the tap and there are no stains or deposits anywhere. Every time I go out of town I usually will drink bottled water because , usually, the water tastes pretty bad, and I can also feel a big difference after a shower. I also keep bottled water in my office at work because I don't like the taste of the water in Kilgore, although it's not as bad as it used to be now that the drought is over.

eppy 12
04-11-2008, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by espn1
I plan on building me an Earth Ship within the next 5 years. no need! lease one from stephenville;) http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l239/eppy12/ufo0414a.jpg

ronwx5x
04-11-2008, 11:04 AM
Midland and Big Spring get their city water from the same place!

You shouldn't be able to smell water, but you can that...and it's cloudy and has things floating in it.

I think Snyder water may tie into this somehow too!

CRMWD is our "water supply!"

Ever tried Big Lake water? It would be difficult at best to be worse than that. Tastes and smells a lot like sulpher. Bad color also.

Ranger Mom
04-11-2008, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Ever tried Big Lake water? It would be difficult at best to be worse than that. Tastes and smells a lot like sulpher. Bad color also.

Sounds a lot like Midland water!!

ronwx5x
04-11-2008, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Diocletian

it's worth any amount of $$ you need to shell out, anyone under 90 years of age could appreciate it

if your choosing tap over bottled your probably BROKE or don't have a taste buds

i've known several people who've worked for city water companies, and that is exactly why i pay for bottled water

it's regulated more at the filtration unit, and the standard is set far higher for taste

bottled water doesn't make you a hippie, complaining about how the evolution of a necessary consumer good makes you look more like a tree hugger, hippies don't like bottled water- they live off the unaltered natural land, remember

I'm not sure if you are using a guess (1000 times) or referring to actual research. I am neither broke nor do I feel I have bad taste. I am under 90 years of age. I have been drinking tap water for my entire life, except I do purchase water sometimes when I am driving long distances and don't want juice or a soft drink.

As far as taste, bottled water has no taste whatever or else the filtration and purification process is faulty since all trace minerals are removed.

I'm not a tree hugger, I just prefer to get my flouride treatment on a daily basis and you do not get that from bottled water. In fact, many dentists counsel their patients that they should drink tap water on a regular basis.

Lastly, don't lump personal preferences into personal failure. I don't tell you what to drink so please be kind enough to reciprocate.

Ranger Mom
04-11-2008, 11:24 AM
I'm not sure if you are using a guess (1000 times) or referring to actual research. I am neither broke nor do I feel I have bad taste. I am under 90 years of age. I have been drinking tap water for my entire life, except I do purchase water sometimes when I am driving long distances and don't want juice or a soft drink.

As far as taste, bottled water has no taste whatever or else the filtration and purification process is faulty since all trace minerals are removed.

I'm not a tree hugger, I just prefer to get my flouride treatment on a daily basis and you do not get that from bottled water. In fact, many dentists counsel their patients that they should drink tap water on a regular basis.

Lastly, don't lump personal preferences into personal failure. I don't tell you what to drink so please be kind enough to reciprocate.

The well water at my house evidently had too much fluoride and stained my daughter's teeth. The dentist got a nice little chunk of change to rectify that problem, since bleaching is considered cosmetic and insurance wouldn't cover it!!

ronwx5x
04-11-2008, 11:36 AM
The well water at my house evidently had too much fluoride and stained my daughter's teeth. The dentist got a nice little chunk of change to rectify that problem, since bleaching is considered cosmetic and insurance wouldn't cover it!!

If I believe the water is bad, either tastewise or causes stain, of course I would not drink it and would make other arrangements. Lubbock used to be awful about staining teeth red (iron).

My point was one should not paint ALL PEOPLE with a broad brush just because one thinks they know better. If your water stains teeth, don't drink it. If it tastes bad, don't drink it. But if one chooses to drink tap water, don't automatically insult one's intelligence.

eppy 12
04-11-2008, 11:38 AM
The well water at my house evidently had too much fluoride and stained my daughter's teeth. The dentist got a nice little chunk of change to rectify that problem, since bleaching is considered cosmetic and insurance wouldn't cover it!! it's all creative writing, if he had said enamel treatment, your golden.;)

ronwx5x
04-11-2008, 11:38 AM

P.S. RM, my guess (I'm not a scientist) is the stain was caused by iron, not flouride. Very few people put flouride in their own well water.

Ranger Mom
04-11-2008, 11:39 AM
If I believe the water is bad, either tastewise or causes stain, of course I would not drink it and would make other arrangements. Lubbock used to be awful about staining teeth red (iron).

My point was one should not paint ALL PEOPLE with a broad brush just because one thinks they know better. If your water stains teeth, don't drink it. If it tastes bad, don't drink it. But if one chooses to drink tap water, don't automatically insult one's intelligence.

Out of 5 kids, it only happened to one of them. Porous teeth were what we were told. Our water has been tested, it met all standards. My kids love our tap water....I can't stand it.

Diocletian
04-11-2008, 06:43 PM
the more people the water system has to provide, then the more chance the treatment workers are going to screw up the maint needed to keep it filtered

bottled water, whether you like it or not is the way of the future.....and I love it that way

when i call ozarka and tell them my water you provided me tastes with a small hint of bitterness they reply: "We'll send a technician there to evaluate the cooler, and replace it if necessary tomorrow"

when i call the City of Corpus Christi, and tell them my water turns brown when i let it sit on the table for 4 hours strait, and that my kid threw up after drinking a full glass of it....their reply is: "Do not drink the potable water for at least 2 weeks, we have issued a city wide bann on the use of it due to a human enduced malfunction with the treatment process....oh and we are not responsible for the well being of your child....click.."

after research you'll find that not only the City of Corpus has experienced this problem with their workers ruining the water for everyone...

if you think bottled water is a bad idea then you don't understand why it was invented.......sure it can be a convienent way to consume, but it can also protect you and your family when the City workers $%&* the water up

ronwx5x
04-11-2008, 07:36 PM
the more people the water system has to provide, then the more chance the treatment workers are going to screw up the maint needed to keep it filtered

bottled water, whether you like it or not is the way of the future.....and I love it that way

when i call ozarka and tell them my water you provided me tastes with a small hint of bitterness they reply: "We'll send a technician there to evaluate the cooler, and replace it if necessary tomorrow"

when i call the City of Corpus Christi, and tell them my water turns brown when i let it sit on the table for 4 hours strait, and that my kid threw up after drinking a full glass of it....their reply is: "Do not drink the potable water for at least 2 weeks, we have issued a city wide bann on the use of it due to a human enduced malfunction with the treatment process....oh and we are not responsible for the well being of your child....click.."

after research you'll find that not only the City of Corpus has experienced this problem with their workers ruining the water for everyone...

if you think bottled water is a bad idea then you don't understand why it was invented.......sure it can be a convienent way to consume, but it can also protect you and your family when the City workers $%&* the water up

I don't believe I ever said bottled water is a bad idea. I only spoke to the statement you made that the only people who don't drink it must be "broke or don't have a taste bud". I am not broke and I do have a taste bud, but I still drink tap water if I like it. I don't feel it is necessary to belittle you for drinking it and you should show the same courtesy to people who don't find it necessry.

Bottled water, for the most part, is so filtered it has no taste. That's not necessarily bad, just a fact. If you want to drink it to the detriment of tap water, feel free, just don't insult others for not doing so.

Diocletian
04-12-2008, 08:43 AM
I don't believe I ever said bottled water is a bad idea. I only spoke to the statement you made that the only people who don't drink it must be "broke or don't have a taste bud". I am not broke and I do have a taste bud, but I still drink tap water if I like it. I don't feel it is necessary to belittle you for drinking it and you should show the same courtesy to people who don't find it necessry.

Bottled water, for the most part, is so filtered it has no taste. That's not necessarily bad, just a fact. If you want to drink it to the detriment of tap water, feel free, just don't insult others for not doing so.

i never quoted any of your text, so i'm not sure how you came to "feel" like you been insulted?....... now if you work for a city provided potable water company then I would gladly send you some insults, but I'd much rather do it face to face.

anyway the point i'm trying to make is directed towards the top starting post of which says that bottled water is causing problems for everyone....well my opinion is that bottled water does more good than bad for this world, and I explained why

BobcatBenny
04-12-2008, 09:44 AM
i never quoted any of your text, so i'm not sure how you came to "feel" like you been insulted?....... now if you work for a city provided potable water company then I would gladly send you some insults, but I'd much rather do it face to face.

anyway the point i'm trying to make is directed towards the top starting post of which says that bottled water is causing problems for everyone....well my opinion is that bottled water does more good than bad for this world, and I explained why
Not that I know, but I bet if you factor in all the energy and emmissions that are expended delivering water in bottles as opposed to the tap, then the green crowd would frown and shake their head at you.

ronwx5x
04-13-2008, 01:58 PM

This is your post. You did not direct it at anyone other than anyone who would disagree that bottled water is superior to any "city" water as well stating, and I quote,

"it's worth any amount of $$ you need to shell out, anyone under 90 years of age could appreciate it

if your choosing tap over bottled your probably BROKE or don't have a taste buds"

I take exception to the implication that Benny, I, or anyone else who drinks "city" water must be old, tasteless, and/or broke. It's that simple. If you want to drink bottled water, go right ahead. Just don't call us names if we drink something else. Drinking bottled water does not make you young, tasteful, or rich. And it certainly hasn't made you any smarter.