PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer/Gainesville Round 2 Matchup?

agrabfan
10-31-2003, 05:08 PM
Has anyone considered this possibility? If Lindale loses to Winnsboro and Gilmer, and if
Mt. Vernon wins their last two, then there
will be a three way tie for second and one of the
three ( Lindale, Winnsboro, and Mt. Vernon ) will
not make the playoffs. If that team happens to be
Lindale, then Gilmer goes to Division 1. Assuming
Gilmer beats L. Eylau or Pleasant Grove and
Gainesville beats N. Lamar, then Gilmer and
Gainesville would meet in the second round.

3afan
10-31-2003, 05:15 PM
that would be tough luck - kinda like fornay & everman having to play in the 2nd round two yrs ago

Gilmer Buckeye
10-31-2003, 05:46 PM
Well, it's pretty tough luck in Round One if, as is still more likely, we go Div II. Daingerfield has been an historical nemesis of Gilmer through the years somewhat analogous to Texas-OU with us being Texas. (I'm not saying that we are like Texas this year. We actually have an O-line that can block. :D )

We did beat the Tigers, though, in 2001 when we were in the same district, 16-3A, but it was by the skin of our teeth, 20-19.

I won't talk about what happened last year. eek!

This whole Div I/Div II delineation is way overdone. I think it will be just as tough to win Div II this year as it will be to win Div I considering you have to play one more game in Div II.

Gilmer is likely to have to eliminate Daingerfield, Atlanta and Kennedale to get anywhere near the title game. That is one tough row to hoe.

I'll say it again. There should be no more than two teams out of any district making the playoffs and there should be ONE state champion in each classification. Maybe there should be more classifications, but that's another issue.

Buckeye80
11-01-2003, 12:33 AM
Dead issue now! Lindale won tonight and Mt. Vernon lost. Gilmer will go D2 Champ.