PDA

View Full Version : So did Jason ever get to Vegas???

Adidas410s
04-10-2008, 10:32 AM
It shows online that the 8:40 flight last night never took off... :(

GreenMonster
04-10-2008, 10:36 AM
I Don't Care! :mad:

Go ahead, ask me if I care.

In reality though, that would suck. I flew to Vegas on American a couple of years ago and if this was happening to me I'd be so supremely pissed off.

Ranger Mom
04-10-2008, 11:21 AM
He just sent me a text.....said they just landed in Seattle and will leave for Vegas at 11:00...(how far behind us in Seattle...2 hours??)

They flew from Texas to Seattle to go to Vegas?????

pirate4state
04-10-2008, 11:23 AM
I'm sure with all the cancelled flights that was the best AA could come up with!

and yes, pacific time is 2 hours behind

Ranger Mom
04-10-2008, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I'm sure with all the cancelled flights that was the best AA could come up with!

and yes, pacific time is 2 hours behind

That sucks!! Does AA comp people for 1. getting them to their destination a day late and 2. flying them across the country on what should have been a 3 state hop??

pirate4state
04-10-2008, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
That sucks!! Does AA comp people for 1. getting them to their destination a day late and 2. flying them across the country on what should have been a 3 state hop??

Sometimes. Knowing jason I'm sure he made them give him something for his loss time! :D

kaorder1999
04-10-2008, 11:31 AM
i would be MAD!

pirate4state
04-10-2008, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
i would be MAD! Yeah, he was suppose to be in Vegas yesterday. Wonder what that did to his hotel reservations? :eek: That's gotta suck!

Adidas410s
04-10-2008, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Yeah, he was suppose to be in Vegas yesterday. Wonder what that did to his hotel reservations? :eek: That's gotta suck!
Esp so considering he did a prepaid pkg. At least it was through AA vacations. Here's Jason at the airport last night:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/newslink/thumbnail/dallasnews/0815/american_9964-t240.jpg

They had a picture on the front of the DMN today of another guy that was on the flight last night that was cancelled. It looks like Jason's was the only Vegas route that was cancelled as the earlier ones all took off. The question is...was he cancelled because of weather or inspections. If inspections, here is what AA is obligated to do:
- Reroute you on the next flight with any available seat.
- Provide lodging, if available, if you are delayed overnight.
- Provide amenities after delays. (meaning free drinks???)

They also have something listed where you can send your hotel bill if you paid for it on your own. In this case, I would hope that the 1st night of his trip is reimbursed.

3afan
04-10-2008, 12:41 PM
his flight never took off. AA put them up at the Gaylord in Grapevine ... then they left at 7AM this morning on an Alaska Airlines flight to Seattle, then to Vegas ..... last I heard they we waiting for the connection in Seattle

Jason called his mom and had her convinced that they were diverted around Seattle and that they were in Anchorage, Alaska ... he finally told the truth ... I think

BobcatBenny
04-10-2008, 04:00 PM
. . . jason is still sitting at DFW? :doh:

Emerson1
04-10-2008, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
. . . jason is still sitting at DFW? :doh:
He should be sitting on the tarmac right now in Vegas

BobcatBenny
04-10-2008, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
He should be sitting on the tarmac right now in Vegas
Any chance he will complain about all the money AA saved him? :)

jason
04-12-2008, 11:14 PM
wow - what a trip....

american totally botched the flights on tuesday and wednesday - and apparently thursday and friday also....

our flight was supposed to leave at 8:40, and around 8:20 they said it would be delayed until about 9 - then it was 9:30, then 10, then they said it had to be inspected and they were waiting on an inspector, so they said it would be 10:30 - then it got pushed to 11 when the inspector showed - then they announced the cancellation around 11:30 - people were LIVID, including me....

since the flight was canceled they put us up at the gaylord in grapevine (we didnt get there or checked in until 1am) - since we had already checked our baggage, they wouldnt give it back to us, and told us it would be in vegas when we got there, so i didnt have ANYTHING, luckily the hotel had toothbrushes for us, it was really nice hotel though but since we all had 7am flights leaving in the morning, american set up a shuttle to be there at 5:15, and to leave at 5:30 to get us all there - well, it was around 6 and it still had not shown up so we all had to pay our own way back to the airport...

once we got there, we found out (after waiting in the security lines) that american had not given us boarding passes, but only vouchers for flights on the other airlines so we had to fight the check in lines to get boarding passes and then wait in line in security again...

as i got up to the terminal they were closing the doors, and i told them we had to wait on my girlfriend who was getting breakfast (with the $10 food voucher that american had given us)...

once we got to quit dealing with american, the trip was great - we eventually made it to vegas on alaskan air (which was really nice) around 2pm vegas time...so we went from dfw to seattle and had to kill a few hours in the airport there....

american airlines will be sending us each a $500 travel voucher for the screw up....

even though we lost at least half a day, we had a good time, at at some fancy restaurants, saw a show, did the tourist stuff down on the strip, and spent a LOT of time at the roulette table....

best of all, when it was all said and done, i was up around $1k, and when i got home, had about $250 more then what i took out there (plus the $500 travel voucher)...looks like we'll be going back in october for my birthday....

DU_stud04
04-12-2008, 11:47 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080412/ap_on_bi_ge/american_airlines_cancellations

SintonFan
04-13-2008, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080412/ap_on_bi_ge/american_airlines_cancellations
We just flew in from Heathrow tonight with Continental. They have one of the youngest fleets out there. The flight was fine but their baggage handling leaves something to be desired. They left my checked box of souvenirs in London! :mad:

Adidas410s
04-13-2008, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by jason
wow - what a trip....

american totally botched the flights on tuesday and wednesday - and apparently thursday and friday also....

our flight was supposed to leave at 8:40, and around 8:20 they said it would be delayed until about 9 - then it was 9:30, then 10, then they said it had to be inspected and they were waiting on an inspector, so they said it would be 10:30 - then it got pushed to 11 when the inspector showed - then they announced the cancellation around 11:30 - people were LIVID, including me....

since the flight was canceled they put us up at the gaylord in grapevine (we didnt get there or checked in until 1am) - since we had already checked our baggage, they wouldnt give it back to us, and told us it would be in vegas when we got there, so i didnt have ANYTHING, luckily the hotel had toothbrushes for us, it was really nice hotel though but since we all had 7am flights leaving in the morning, american set up a shuttle to be there at 5:15, and to leave at 5:30 to get us all there - well, it was around 6 and it still had not shown up so we all had to pay our own way back to the airport...

once we got there, we found out (after waiting in the security lines) that american had not given us boarding passes, but only vouchers for flights on the other airlines so we had to fight the check in lines to get boarding passes and then wait in line in security again...

as i got up to the terminal they were closing the doors, and i told them we had to wait on my girlfriend who was getting breakfast (with the $10 food voucher that american had given us)...

once we got to quit dealing with american, the trip was great - we eventually made it to vegas on alaskan air (which was really nice) around 2pm vegas time...so we went from dfw to seattle and had to kill a few hours in the airport there....

american airlines will be sending us each a $500 travel voucher for the screw up....

even though we lost at least half a day, we had a good time, at at some fancy restaurants, saw a show, did the tourist stuff down on the strip, and spent a LOT of time at the roulette table....

best of all, when it was all said and done, i was up around $1k, and when i got home, had about $250 more then what i took out there (plus the $500 travel voucher)...looks like we'll be going back in october for my birthday....
Glad to hear you had a good time...won some money...and enjoyed Vegas. Hopefully you remembered to get a players card to rack up some rewards points too! Spend a little bit of time at Harrah's properties and you should at least get free room offers for weeknights at any property not named Caesars! :)

jason
04-13-2008, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Hopefully you remembered to get a players card to rack up some rewards points too! Spend a little bit of time at Harrah's properties and you should at least get free room offers for weeknights at any property not named Caesars! :) we actually never thought about it, and we gambled enough to earn something next time we go - and we are actually going to try and user our travel vouchers in october for another trip on my birthday.....oh well......

we weren't making $1,000 bets or anything, but we would have between $50 and $200 on black/red or even/odd per spin, which is a lot to us....