PDA

View Full Version : la grange vs. caldwell (b-ball)

Bull19
04-09-2008, 10:29 PM
did i see that right on kbtx that la grange won tonight???

buff4ever
04-10-2008, 12:42 AM
this would be interesting

State_In_08
04-10-2008, 09:02 AM
Yes, La Grange won.

Daddy D 11
04-10-2008, 09:05 AM
dang, whats caldwells record now?

State_In_08
04-10-2008, 09:17 AM
Through last night, district 23-3A standings look like this:

1. Bellville - 6-0
2. Giddings - 4-2
3. Caldwell - 3-3
4. Smithville - 2-4
5. La Grange - 2-4
6. Navasota - 1-5

Bull19
04-10-2008, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by State_In_08
Through last night, district 23-3A standings look like this:

1. Bellville - 6-0
2. Giddings - 4-2
3. Caldwell - 3-3
4. Smithville - 2-4
5. La Grange - 2-4
6. Navasota - 1-5

its gunna be a dog fight for those last two playoff spots

buff4ever
04-10-2008, 10:10 AM
I don't know if it will be a dog fight for both spots or not. Atleast I hope not. If Giddings can take care of business friday agains caldwell, I am confident they will handle smithville again; then you have to think they would hold on to second. Caldwell friday is the key.

If we beat caldwell, then caldwell has to worry about LG, I think LG is figuring something out, they will beat smithville and navasota. That leaves bellville and the final game against giddings.

I will go out on a limb and say that giddins will manage to take care of business, and the last game between giddings and lg will make a difference in whether LG goes or caldwell. That is sort of out there, SO SOMEONE FLAG THIS POST AND REMIND ME OF HOW SMART I AM LATER.:D :D :D

Also for the record, bellville will not make it through w/o a loss. I think that either giddings, lg or caldwell will slip up on them for 1 or 2 losses.

Bull19
04-10-2008, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by buff4ever
Also for the record, bellville will not make it through w/o a loss. I think that either giddings, lg or caldwell will slip up on them for 1 or 2 losses.

:thinking: :thinking: should be interesting to see how the rest of the games unfold in this crazy district.

Bulligator
04-10-2008, 10:37 AM
I would have to agree on Bellville not making it through District unbeaten. But the odds are good that they will move into the playoffs. However, will Caldwell, Giddings and La Grange save their ace pitchers for each other, hoping to beat the other in the head to head matchups? That would give the Bellville bats a little easier time against the weaker pitchers, giving them a better chance to win the games. This could be one possible scenario, or I could just be crazy and thinking ahead too much.

buff4ever
04-10-2008, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Bulligator
I would have to agree on Bellville not making it through District unbeaten. But the odds are good that they will move into the playoffs. However, will Caldwell, Giddings and La Grange save their ace pitchers for each other, hoping to beat the other in the head to head matchups? That would give the Bellville bats a little easier time against the weaker pitchers, giving them a better chance to win the games. This could be one possible scenario, or I could just be crazy and thinking ahead too much.

Yeah, I thought about that scenario, I still just think one of the 3 will slip in on bellville. I think on any given night if you score 4 runs you MIGHT have scored enough to beat bellville.

Buffgal
04-10-2008, 11:56 AM
Are we saving anybody???? Could have fooled me.
I haven't been introduced to Giddings "Ace" pitcher yet. Would really like to see him. I know it's not my kid. I think I might have a heart attack if they put him on the mound.

I agree that La Grange is figuring things out. Didn't see the awful team that everybody was talking about. They played a very solid game against Giddings, no errors and hits when they needed them. La Grange pitcher also got out of several tight spots, with the Buffs having runners on, several times. He did a good job. don't count out La Grange or Smithville

I'm actually more confident about Caldwell (other than them having home field advantage) than I am about Smithville. Smithville's inside curve was an adjustment for the Buffs.

Hope the bats are back. Buffs were smarter at the plate last night against navasota. Everybody had better at bats. got to keep this going or they won't make it past anybody in this district. Each team has some bright spots but none are overpowering and can suffer an unexpected loss.

KL3
04-10-2008, 12:50 PM
I think on any given night if you score 4 runs you MIGHT have scored enough to beat bellville.

Everybody keeps talking about the lack of Bellville offense, but they've been scoring more than people realize.

KL3
04-10-2008, 01:01 PM
This is what Bellville has scored in their last 9 games:

13,11,8,6,7,6,4,4,18. An average of 8.5 runs/ game.

buff4life
04-10-2008, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by KL3

take out that 18 run game, and they are averaging 5.4 runs per game in district

buff4ever
04-10-2008, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by KL3

Note the teams these games are played against and you will realize none of them have better than average pitching. All I am saying is that on any given night an average or slightly better pitcher can hold this team to 4 or less runs. Granted sometimes they may score more, like I said to score 4 or more might be enough on any given night. Look at the amount of runs bellville scores in games agaiinst good pitchers and you will realize it is around 2.5 I would guess. (Before District)

KL3
04-10-2008, 01:07 PM
And if you take out the 6,7,6,4, and 4, they are averaging 18 runs a game in district.

buff4ever
04-10-2008, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
take out that 18 run game, and they are averaging 5.4 runs per game in district

Also a good point. Thanks 4life

buff4ever
04-10-2008, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by KL3
And if you take out the 6,7,6,4, and 4, they are averaging 18 runs a game in district.

Since I am asking this in a question, I hope it doesn't get me in trouble, But are you Stupid?

buff4life
04-10-2008, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by KL3

when looking at the average and the standard deviation the 18 really looks like a fluke...more mathematical to take out one and take a say more normal average than your attempt to make mine look wrong and be funny :D

Daddy D 11
04-10-2008, 01:18 PM
what district does this district match up with in the first round?

buff4ever
04-10-2008, 01:20 PM
D-24, it will be tough for D-23 in both games to match up against D-24, IMO.

buffbaseball
04-10-2008, 01:44 PM
your right, district 24 is gonna be tough matchups for d23...needville is in the top 10, sweeny can swing the sticks, and columbus is pretty good from what i hear.

hookandladder
04-10-2008, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Bulligator

It will be hard for La Grange to hold their ace, Scubert left the game yesterday after just 3 batters he faced. To many breaking pitches, elbow went out. Do not know how serious but with him out and Hrbacek out, Supak is our only starting pitcher left. I will go out on a limb and say LG pitchers average 1 to 1 fastball to break pitches, maybe even more breaking pitches than fastballs. This will cause any pitcher elbow problems very quick.

Brahma84
04-10-2008, 02:24 PM
These are the play-off matchups from the UIL website from 07. I assume they will use the same bracket this year.

Winner 23- Bye/ then winner of Runner-up in 22 or third in 21

Second in 23 plays third from 24/ then winner from 22

Third in 23 plays runner-up from 24/ then winner from 21

Current standings from 3Abaseball.com

23-3A
Bellville 6-0
Giddings 4-2
Caldwell 3-3
Smithville 2-4
LaGrange 2-4
Navasota 1-5

24-3A
Sweeny 8-1
Needville 8-1
Columbus 6-3
Sealy 5-4
Wharton 4-5

22-3A
Cleveland Tarkington 7-1
Kingwood Park 7-1

21-3A
Bridge City 10-0
Jasper 7-3
Silsbee 7-3
Hardin-Jefferson 7-3

Still lots of baseball to play.

buffbaseball
04-10-2008, 08:45 PM
Buffgal, i know francis, masek, marlow, and berry personally, and i dont think they would appreciate you bashing their pitching on the internet like you are. after all you are from giddings aren't you? show a little pride in the buffs and be happy that they're in a position to make the playoffs for the first time since '04. in response to your other comment, i would probably have a heart attack too if your kid stepped on the mound. also, dont worry about giddings's bats, they'll come around, i mean we are talking about giddings here...just get your kid goin and the rest will fall into place...after all, every lineup needs their cleanup hitter to start hitting and driving in runs.

giddingsblazer2
04-10-2008, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by buffbaseball
Buffgal, i know francis, masek, marlow, and berry personally, and i dont think they would appreciate you bashing their pitching on the internet like you are. after all you are from giddings aren't you? show a little pride in the buffs and be happy that they're in a position to make the playoffs for the first time since '04. in response to your other comment, i would probably have a heart attack too if your kid stepped on the mound. also, dont worry about giddings's bats, they'll come around, i mean we are talking about giddings here...just get your kid goin and the rest will fall into place...after all, every lineup needs their cleanup hitter to start hitting and driving in runs.

take it easy.....

Buffgal
04-11-2008, 08:54 AM
Buffbaseball,

No bashing ever from here, just facts. I too know all of these kids , changed a few of their diapers. Do have alot of pride in them, personally and in their athletic ability. I have made countless sandwiches at tournaments, washed many pair of baseball pants while they played video games and covered them w/blankets as they slept on my floor. Never, ever doubt my loyalty to them, any Buff (or probably you) for a minute. I was only referring to a previous post by Bulligator on the next round in which he said "However, will Caldwell, Giddings and La Grange save their ace pitchers for each other, hoping to beat the other in the head to head matchups? "

If you have really watched any of the games in our district, you would surely have to see why I smiled at the comment of "ace pitchers being saved". Where are they??????? For that matter, on any team not just the Buffs. Some I've seen are on the track of being an "ace", but they all need to mature. And before I get jumped on for this comment. My definition of "ace" is a homer-like pitcher that is completely dominating batters and comes in to put a game away.

Trust your coach. If he doesn't think the clean up hitter is doing his job, he'll change the line up. I assure you on this point that Coach knows exactly what he is doing. & remember, at any given point in the game, there is a new lead off hitter and a new clean up hitter. Whoever steps up to the plate has to do their job.

Batting looked much better Wed night all through the line up. See ya @ Caldwell and will be the first one to celebrate a Buff win.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-11-2008, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Buffgal
Buffbaseball,

If you have really watched any of the games in our district, you would surely have to see why I smiled at the comment of "ace pitchers being saved". Where are they??????? For that matter, on any team

I would say Talerine from Bellville is the District Ace, once Mueller gets to be 100% after throwing spring football, he will be #2. And Huebner is not to shabby. All 3 will be back next year.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-11-2008, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
It will be hard for La Grange to hold their ace, Scubert left the game yesterday after just 3 batters he faced. To many breaking pitches, elbow went out. Do not know how serious but with him out and Hrbacek out, Supak is our only starting pitcher left. I will go out on a limb and say LG pitchers average 1 to 1 fastball to break pitches, maybe even more breaking pitches than fastballs. This will cause any pitcher elbow problems very quick.

La Grange #1, and #2, are hurt? Who will pitch vs Bellville?

trg
04-11-2008, 10:13 AM
Good luck to the Bulls against La Grange tonight!!!! Go #5. We love ya.

Buffgal
04-11-2008, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
I would say Talerine from Bellville is the District Ace

Record shows he is setting the pitching "ace" standard for this district and his leadership & competitiveness is outstanding. He is definitely out there to win every time.

buff4life
04-11-2008, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by buffbaseball
Buffgal, i know francis, masek, marlow, and berry personally, and i dont think they would appreciate you bashing their pitching on the internet like you are. after all you are from giddings aren't you? .

i'm pretty sure you know as well as anybody from giddings, we have good pitchers but no true dominant ace...not bashing just giving them the incentive to work harder

Buffgal
04-11-2008, 12:39 PM
Thanks buff4life

Really hurt my heart that someone would ever think that I didn't love my Buff guys!!!!

Bulligator
04-11-2008, 01:25 PM
I wasn't at the game Wednesday, but heard Smithville gave Talerine a hard time. He gave up 5 - 6 walks and 7 hits. He has shouldered most of the load this season and may be getting a bit tired. They also said that was the most hits given up by Bellville in District play all season.

Buffgal
04-11-2008, 01:51 PM
How could Talerine (I thought his name had 2 l's??)
had a hard time against Smithville?

Wasn't the score 18 to something? Doesn't sound like a few walks or hits hurt anything.

Bulligator
04-11-2008, 03:08 PM
The Smithville pitchers had a harder time. Bellville scored 15 of its 18 runs in just two innings. And most of them were scored on 2 outs after a Smithville error would have ended the inning. The report was that Tallerine pitched the entire game, even after the 10 run lead.

Bellville-- 1 0 2 7 0 8--18-13-0
Smithville 0 1 0 0 2 1---4--7-3

Brahma84
04-11-2008, 03:38 PM
This was Tallerine's worst outing as far as control. He probably walked more batters in this game than in most of his other starts combined. I'm sure that it was just a lack of focus. He has really pitched well this season. Both he and Huebner are 3-0 in district. Huebner has been a great plus. After his slow first inning start against Giddings, he has really pitched well, with wins against Giddings, Caldwell and Navasota. I think Mueller will start against LaGrange tonight and I expect LaGrange to throw Supak.

CHS_Grad '85
04-11-2008, 10:11 PM
I don't know if it will be a dog fight for both spots or not. Atleast I hope not. If Giddings can take care of business friday agains caldwell, I am confident they will handle smithville again; then you have to think they would hold on to second. Caldwell friday is the key.

If we beat caldwell, then caldwell has to worry about LG, I think LG is figuring something out, they will beat smithville and navasota. That leaves bellville and the final game against giddings.

I will go out on a limb and say that giddins will manage to take care of business, and the last game between giddings and lg will make a difference in whether LG goes or caldwell. That is sort of out there, SO SOMEONE FLAG THIS POST AND REMIND ME OF HOW SMART I AM LATER.:D :D :D

Also for the record, bellville will not make it through w/o a loss. I think that either giddings, lg or caldwell will slip up on them for 1 or 2 losses. Sorry to disappoint ya... Caldwell 8 Giddings 7

ProudHornetMom
04-11-2008, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by CHS_Grad '85
Sorry to disappoint ya... Caldwell 8 Giddings 7

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Congratulations Hornets!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-13-2008, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Buffgal
Record shows he is setting the pitching "ace" standard for this district and his leadership & competitiveness is outstanding. He is definitely out there to win every time.

You will see him vs Giddings tuesday night.

HawkEye
04-13-2008, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Brahma84
This was Tallerine's worst outing as far as control. He probably walked more batters in this game than in most of his other starts combined. I'm sure that it was just a lack of focus. He has really pitched well this season. Both he and Huebner are 3-0 in district. Huebner has been a great plus. After his slow first inning start against Giddings, he has really pitched well, with wins against Giddings, Caldwell and Navasota. I think Mueller will start against LaGrange tonight and I expect LaGrange to throw Supak.

I would throw Colton Eubanks and Cory Ochs into the mix for the "aces" of the district title. Eubanks has been dominant in his last three outings (11 K vs. Navasota, 13 K vs. Smithville, and 11 K vs. Giddings). Ochs shut down the high powered Giddings offense in their first meeting (3 runs in 5 innings) and also allowed only 2 runs to the Brahmas in that outing.

XMan
04-13-2008, 10:05 AM
I would have to say that there are no aces on any of the staff's in this district this year. Bellville has guys that for the most part throw strikes and the Brahmas play the best D, so their pitchers give up the least runs. Very rare is the game that any of the pitchers even touch 80. An ace is a guy who can shut the other team down at will and strike out a multitude of hitters. Sadly, the baseball in this district is not up to par. The teams of the 90's would have a field day playing anyone in this years group. Hopefully, Bellville can maybe advance in the playoffs but it will be tough for anyone in this dist. to advance.

just my .02

HawkEye
04-13-2008, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by XMan
I would have to say that there are no aces on any of the staff's in this district this year. Bellville has guys that for the most part throw strikes and the Brahmas play the best D, so their pitchers give up the least runs. Very rare is the game that any of the pitchers even touch 80. An ace is a guy who can shut the other team down at will and strike out a multitude of hitters. Sadly, the baseball in this district is not up to par. The teams of the 90's would have a field day playing anyone in this years group. Hopefully, Bellville can maybe advance in the playoffs but it will be tough for anyone in this dist. to advance.

just my .02

Ochs is mid 80's getting into upper 80's, and Eubanks is upper 80's touching 90+. They are both starting to throw their best baseball when it counts.

XMan
04-13-2008, 10:30 AM
No disrespect, but on whose gun did you actually see these numbers?????????

HawkEye
04-13-2008, 04:25 PM
No disrespect, but on whose gun did you actually see these numbers?????????

Astros and Pirates scouts have been out to see Eubanks in the last couple of weeks.

XMan
04-13-2008, 05:33 PM
So you have personally seen these numbers come up on the guns? Im not saying he doesnt, im just wanting to know if anyone has actually seen the numbers or if it is heresay. Who does this guy play for?

buffbaseball
04-13-2008, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by HawkEye
Astros and Pirates scouts have been out to see Eubanks in the last couple of weeks.

what summer team does he play for? he must be pretty good if he has big league teams looking at him

HawkEye
04-13-2008, 08:21 PM
Yes I walked up behind the Astros scout running the gun (he was on the first base side of the press box against the fence) against Gatesville. Eubanks was consistently upper 80's early in the game, hitting as high as 92. His velocity dropped as the game went on. He is going to Blinn next year.

He had same velocity on Friday. Guy from Pirates was there. Credit the Buffalo hitters, early in the game they put him in play and the Hornets kicked it around. Eubanks got stronger as the game went on. 11 K's on the night, holding Giddings scoreless for the last four.

XMan
04-13-2008, 08:49 PM
Well awesome for him. Wish him the best of luck and a long career.

the x

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-13-2008, 09:28 PM
Ochs is mid 80's getting into upper 80's, and Eubanks is upper 80's touching 90+.

90+ what is this guy smokin??

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-13-2008, 09:36 PM
I would throw Colton Eubanks and Cory Ochs into the mix for the "aces" of the district title.

Tallerin, Huebner, and Mueller are all undefeated in District, there is your mix. Bellville is 7-0 the least the Brahmas can be is a District co-champ, one more win and the Brahmas are the #1 seed again.

HawkEye
04-13-2008, 09:53 PM
90+ what is this guy smokin??

Cory Ochs held the mighty Brahmas to 2 runs in 5.2 innings in the Bellville 4-2 win (10 inning game). He is legit mid 80's guy. Colton Eubanks has struck out close to 40 batters in his last 3 outings (two complete game wins vs. Navasota and Giddings, and 10 of the 13 innings against Smithville). He is throwing very hard. Show up next Friday night at Caldwell and see for yourself. There is a reason he got a full scholarship to Blinn. He is 87-88 mph and has touched 90 at times this year. Very good curve also. The Hornets are not a great offensive team, and that is what has killed them all year. 8 runs on the Buffalos the other night could ignite the offense, though.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-13-2008, 10:09 PM
Cory Ochs held the mighty Brahmas to 2 runs in 5.2 innings in the Bellville 4-2 win (10 inning game). He is legit mid 80's guy. Colton Eubanks has struck out close to 40 batters in his last 3 outings (two complete game wins vs. Navasota and Giddings, and 10 of the 13 innings against Smithville). He is throwing very hard. Show up next Friday night at Caldwell and see for yourself. There is a reason he got a full scholarship to Blinn. He is 87-88 mph and has touched 90 at times this year. Very good curve also. The Hornets are not a great offensive team, and that is what has killed them all year. 8 runs on the Buffalos the other night could ignite the offense, though.

Before the 1st Bellville, Caldwell game you were saying Ochs was the Caldwell ace, now it is Eubanks, make up your mind, hope to see this Eubanks vs Bellville in round 2. As for Blinn if he is that good why is he not going to a 4 year collage? You make fun calling the Brahmas (mighty) no one from Bellville saying they are mighty, just 7-0.

HawkEye
04-13-2008, 10:23 PM
Before the 1st Bellville, Caldwell game you were saying Ochs was the Caldwell ace, now it is Eubanks, make up your mind, hope to see this Eubanks vs Bellville in round 2. As for Blinn if he is that good why is he not going to a 4 year collage? You make fun calling the Brahmas (mighty) no one from Bellville saying they are mighty, just 7-0.

I actually think the Brahmas are mighty. With an average offense, and outstanding pitching they are leading 23-3A. They are not as good as they have been recently, yet they are still winning. Tradition=at least 2 wins a year. I respect Bellville.

Ochs out pitched early on. He and Eubanks are 1a and 1b as far as Hornet starters. If Caldwell had put runs on the board all year, their 7-13-1 record would be reversed. They have also play a very difficult schedule over the course of the entire year. It prepared them for district competition.

HawkEye
04-13-2008, 10:32 PM
By the way, a Brahma win over Giddings on Tuesday, combined with a Hornet win over Navasota puts Caldwell all by themselves in 2nd place.

Go Brahmas! Tallerine needs to have his good stuff vs. the Buff offense.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-13-2008, 10:51 PM

They have also play a very difficult schedule over the course of the entire year.

Dont we all?

hookandladder
04-14-2008, 06:25 AM
La Grange #1, and #2, are hurt? Who will pitch vs Bellville?

Scubert went to the Doctor last week, said it looks like he will have Tommy John surgery. Supak will get the nod unless Hrbacek come back, you never know with him. Sick or hurt seems to find him pretty often.

KL3
04-14-2008, 07:19 AM
So Bellville plays at Giddings Tuesday and at Caldwell Friday?

KL3
04-14-2008, 07:21 AM
Nevermind, I just saw FBB's post.

Brahma84
04-14-2008, 07:48 AM
Bellville has 2 of the last 3 at home.
We play @ Giddings, then Caldwell and Navasota at home.

Also, Huebner is 4-0 and Tallerine 3-0 in district. Mueller has pitched only a few innings in district and does not yet have a win. They are trying to rest his arm a little.

I remember Hrbacek form little league. He was good. He has seemed to struggle with injuries in high school. With Scubert out, someone is going to have to step up to pitch, Supak can't pitch the last three games.

XMan
04-14-2008, 01:17 PM
Something is really fishy at Caldwell. They have 2 stud pitchers but they are 5-13????? Tough schedule, who did they play???? I dont think the Caldwell posters know what a really dominant pitcher even looks like. Giving up 2 runs in 5+ innings makes you ok, but not dominant. Against a dominant pitcher the other team rarely hits the ball out of the infield, much less scores.

Bull19
04-14-2008, 01:32 PM
Something is really fishy at Caldwell. They have 2 stud pitchers but they are 5-13????? Tough schedule, who did they play???? I dont think the Caldwell posters know what a really dominant pitcher even looks like. Giving up 2 runs in 5+ innings makes you ok, but not dominant. Against a dominant pitcher the other team rarely hits the ball out of the infield, much less scores.

ditto. couldn't have said it better X.

the ochs kid from caldwell is not throwing high 80's PERIOD. no way did he hit 90. after watching him throw against bellville he is low 80's.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-14-2008, 01:39 PM
Something is really fishy at Caldwell. They have 2 stud pitchers but they are 5-13????? Tough schedule, who did they play???? I dont think the Caldwell posters know what a really dominant pitcher even looks like.

What he said!!!!

KL3
04-14-2008, 05:14 PM
I think what XMan said earlier is correct. There are no "dominant" pitchers in this district right now, but very rarely do you get those absolute shut down pitchers.

In the last few years, I can think of Homer Bailey of course and Lucas Luetge a couple of years ago from Bellville as truly dominant pitchers. Jess Buenger probably would have been, but he didn't pitch much his Jr. and Sr. seasons after pitching Bellville to the regional finals his sophomore year.

Those guys had 10 strikeout games every time and didn't give up hardly any runs at all. Giving up 4-5 hits a game would have been about the most all year, especially for Bailey.

HawkEye
04-14-2008, 10:03 PM
What he said!!!!

Friday night, Caldwell HS, be there and see for yourself. Huebner/Mueller vs. Eubanks. You will see some very good high school baseball. Bellville will be trying to wrap up the district title and Caldwell will be trying to cement the #2 spot. Should be a great game.

Bull19
04-14-2008, 10:06 PM
Friday night, Caldwell HS, be there and see for yourself. Huebner/Mueller vs. Eubanks. You will see some very good high school baseball. Bellville will be trying to wrap up the district title and Caldwell will be trying to cement the #2 spot. Should be a great game. i thought the game's being played in bellville. thats what 3abaseball.com has listed?

48minutes
04-14-2008, 10:09 PM
not a pitcher in the district can hit 90. nm

XMan
04-15-2008, 06:13 AM
Hawkeye, you got the lineup made out yet???? Who is on first? Just remember, first name fast ball, last name offspeed!!!!! If the boys in red start relaying, make sure you change your signs.

hookandladder
04-15-2008, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by Brahma84
Bellville has 2 of the last 3 at home.
We play @ Giddings, then Caldwell and Navasota at home.

Also, Huebner is 4-0 and Tallerine 3-0 in district. Mueller has pitched only a few innings in district and does not yet have a win. They are trying to rest his arm a little.

I remember Hrbacek form little league. He was good. He has seemed to struggle with injuries in high school. With Scubert out, someone is going to have to step up to pitch, Supak can't pitch the last three games.

Hrbacek is back again, do not know if he will pitch again this season. He played the last game and was told he could barely run around the bases, We play Smithville tonight and with Supak throwing around a 120 pitches last Friday night, you would think he would not pitch again. Scubert will have Tommy John Surgery, will be out 9 to 10 months to many breaking pitches. The sad thing about Scubert other than having to have surgery is he has a plus fastball and did not need to throw so many breaking pitches. One year out of baseball at his age will be hard to overcome, wish him well. We will need him his Senior year.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-15-2008, 11:00 PM
Friday night, Caldwell HS, be there and see for yourself. Huebner/Mueller vs. Eubanks. You will see some very good high school baseball. Bellville will be trying to wrap up the district title and Caldwell will be trying to cement the #2 spot. Should be a great game.

Game is in Bellville, and Bellville has already won District tonight vs Giddings, Seems like you sould have been more worried about Caldwells game vs Navasota tonight instead of setting up Friday nights game in Bellville. Sounded like you sould have pitched 90 mile plus Eubanks tonight.

Bull's-eye
04-16-2008, 02:03 AM

Those Bellville boys wrapped up that title on tuesday. Caldwell may catch a break, as Bellville could possibly rest their top pitchers.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-17-2008, 11:26 PM

Where is HawEye? Caldwell will catch a break, Bellville will start all 11 and 12 year olds, they were picked out at the LL games. The High School District Champ Brahmas will be given the night off.

Bull's-eye
04-18-2008, 02:51 AM
Where is HawEye? Caldwell will catch a break, Bellville will start all 11 and 12 year olds, they were picked out at the LL games. The High School District Champ Brahmas will be given the night off.

Will the UIL allow that? :confused: :D

Brahma84
04-18-2008, 06:52 AM
Mueller will get the start tonight against Caldwell. I know being district champs is what counts, but it would be nice to win out. Cerny will have the boys focused like it is just another game. That being said, Caldwell's last loss has put them in a situation where this game is very important. They have more on the line. Should be a good game.

KL3
04-18-2008, 07:10 AM
What time does the game start tonight?

Bull19
04-18-2008, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by KL3
What time does the game start tonight? 7

trg
04-18-2008, 08:32 AM
Good luck Bulls...Let's keep the winning streak alive going into the playoffs!!!!

48minutes
04-18-2008, 11:20 AM
If Caldwell throws one of there 90+ pitchers then the game will not even be close, so lookout Brahmas. The heat is coming tonight. :)

orangeblood
04-18-2008, 10:22 PM

Good thing Bellville played the 11-12's we needed the win. And as far as this pitching crap. There was a New York Mets scout at the game he was there to see Eubanks, he told me he sniffed 88mph 1 time and was average at 84-85mph. And as far as dominant goes the records and stats usually tells the tale. Nice job on our #3 pitcher coming in and holding off the Bellville surge. Wish he had came in earlier in a few other games.........................
Nice job Caldwell and Staff. Beat Smithville.......Win it to be in it..

Gators17
04-19-2008, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by orangeblood
Good thing Bellville played the 11-12's we needed the win. And as far as this pitching crap. There was a New York Mets scout at the game he was there to see Eubanks, he told me he sniffed 88mph 1 time and was average at 84-85mph. And as far as dominant goes the records and stats usually tells the tale. Nice job on our #3 pitcher coming in and holding off the Bellville surge. Wish he had came in earlier in a few other games.........................
Nice job Caldwell and Staff. Beat Smithville.......Win it to be in it..

For me to ever believe that Eubanks is hittin 88 at all in one game, I'd have to see it with my own eyes. I batted against him last night and thought he was lucky to be hittin 84. Don't get me wrong he's a good pitcher, but nothing like he's being cracked up to be.

Oh, and you're #3 pitcher did come in, in a few other games..he's the one who gave us the win in caldwell.;)

XMan
04-19-2008, 09:32 PM
Congrats to the Hornets on the Fri night win. They needed a big win and were able to get it.

HawkEye
04-20-2008, 10:08 AM
Congrats to the Hornets on the Fri night win. They needed a big win and were able to get it.

After striking out 11, 15, and 11 in his last 3 games, Eubanks wasn't sharp on Friday. He gutted it out enough to win.

orangeblood
04-21-2008, 09:12 AM

IMO a dominant pitcher is: If the team has played 20 games and you pitched 10 games your record is 10-0 thats dominant. But we are talking High School. Where most pitchers are average. IMO we have 2 pitchers that are good and throw in the low to mid 80's. Some will say we should have won more games if our offense had scored more runs. IMO we had games won but our pitchers ran out of gas as everyone watched. Remember IMO....
IMO we should have had second place already taken care of. IMO we should have had a chance at the District Title. As much as I have heard about how great our pitching is on and off the field. You know sometimes it's ok not to brag about how good something is to everyone. Especially when at best it's average as our record indicates(District Record)............

Bull19
04-23-2008, 08:37 AM

:2thumbsup :clap: :clap: good post buff.

only thing is you didnt think navasota would beat them.:p