PDA

View Full Version : MARLIN HAS BEEN KNOCKED OUT ABOUT 22 TIMES IN THE LAST HOUR

MARLINFAN
09-28-2003, 07:29 PM
ITS NOT THAT I HAVE BEEN HIDING BUT I HAVE BEEN OUT OF TOWN THE LAST TWO DAYS AND HAVE JUST GOT BACK. I HAVE SPENT ABOUT 30 MINUTES LOOKING OVER ALL THE POST ABOUT FRIDAYS GAME. THIS IS WHAT I HAVE TO SAY, ABOUT FRIDAYS GAME I WAS DISAPOINTED HOW MARLINS OFFENSIVE PLAYED. TO ME THE DEFENSE DID A SPECTACULAR JOB WITH BURNET. THIS MARLIN DEFENSE PUT MORE PRESSEURE ON MCGEE THAT HE HAS SEEN ALL YEAR. I THINK HE IS BETTER THAN LAST YEAR. HE SEEMS TO BE A BIG AND STRONG QB THAT SHOULD GO VERY FAR IN D1 NEXT YEAR. NOW I THINK THAT THE MARLIN OFFENSIVE IS SUFFERING IN THREE WAYS. THE FIRST WAY IS LAST YEAR BURNET COULD NOT STOP #2 TANK SMITH WHO DID NOT PLAY. THAT WAS WHY I THIN THE OFFENSIVE COULD NOT OPEN UP THE PASS GAME. THE SECOND REASON WHY THE O IS STRUGGLING IS BECAUSE OF THE INEXPERIENCE AT QB. #7 IS GOOD BUT UNDER PRESSURE HE UNRAVELS. I SAW THE SAME THING HAPPEN AGANIST WACO U IN THE FIRST GAME OF THE YEAR. THE THIRD THING THAT HURTS THE BULDOGS IS THAT LAST YEAR WE WERE A RUNNING OFFENSIVE, NOW WE HAVE CHANGED TO A SPREAD OFFENSIVE. SO FAR TO ME IT HAS NOT WORKED. IF IT WAS CHOICE I WOULD GO BACK TO THE OLD OFFENSIVE BEFORE DISTRICT. NOW TO THE TALK ABOUT THE MARLIN PEP-RALLY. PEOPLE CALL US GHETTO AND
CALL US A SLUM TOWN CALL US A SLUM TOWN SO THE DANCING IN THE PEP RALLY IS JUST HOW WE DO IT. I GIVE BURNET A LOT OF RESPECT, ENTERING THE GAME I KNEW IT WAS GOING TO BE HARD FOR MARLIN TO WIN BUT I DIDT EXPEXT IT TO BE LIKE THAT. WE HADT BEEN DID LIKE THAT IN 8 -10 YRS. I DONT SEE ANYONE IN 3A THAT WILL PLAY WITH BURNET. WITH MCGEE LIKE HE IS AND SHIPLEY AND WARNER THEY SEEM TO BE UNSTOPPABLE. SOMETHINGS I THINK THAT WOULD HAVE CHANGED THE GAME WAS WHEN BURNET WAS UP 7-0 AT THE END OF THE FIRST I SAW SOME CALLS LIKE THE PASS INTERFENCE ON THE FAKE PUNT WHEN NO ONE WAS TOUCHED AND I THINK MCGEE SHOULD HAVE BEEN HIT WITH SOME GROUNDING CALLS. BUT ANYWAY S NEXT WEEK IS NEXT WEEK AND ENNIS IS PROBALLY CALLING ON THE 70'S TO HELP THEM OUT IN THIS GAME SO WHATEVER WE GO INTO DISTRICT 1-4. BELIEVE ME WHEN TANK COMES BACK THE DOGS WILL HIT FULL STEAM WHEN WE GO INTO THE PLAYOFS. I BELIEVE IN THIS TEAM AND THINK THAT AT THE END OF THE YEAR BOTH STATE CHAMPIONS PLAYED IN LAST FRIDAYS GAME.

cdl625
09-28-2003, 07:38 PM
The last time I can remember Marlin getting beat like that was when they came to Gatesville in '97 Hornets beat the Bulldogs 35-14, but the next year Marlin handled us 35-0.

Pudlugger
09-28-2003, 07:44 PM
ROFLMAO! Marlin's defense played well? THEY GAVE UP 35 POINTS!!!! QUIT KISSING BURNET'S BEHIND AND ADMIT YALL GOT STOMPED ON BIG TIME!!!!! :mad:

marlinbulldogplayer
09-28-2003, 07:55 PM
well burnet is going to win state easily. shipley,mcgee,warner,and levens those kids are something great. i wish yall all the luck the rest of the season ( even though yall wont need it) well good luck and go out and win that div 1 state championship.

olddawggreen
09-28-2003, 08:16 PM
I too have seen a number of post bashing Marlin and their coaches. All I have to say is that until you have played and beaten Burnet, don't bash those that have played them and been beaten. (I am not in any way saying that Burnet can't be beaten, I totally believe in our team and coaching staff, but I take no one for granted.) Marlin has a lot of great players and Im sure they have a good coaching staff. I believe Marlin will do well in district. I would be willing to bet that the coaches at Marlin are already making plans for any adjustments that are necessary. And as far as any coments that have been made about the town of Marlin or their pep rallys, I believe anyone that would make such coments is a discredit to their own community and school. I thought the pep rally looked great! And the people of Marlin that I came into contact with were fine people and very supportive of their team and their school. THEY HAVE MY RESPECT.

jason
09-28-2003, 08:25 PM
marlinbulldogplayer:
well burnet is going to win state easily. shipley,mcgee,warner,and levens those kids are something great. i wish yall all the luck the rest of the season ( even though yall wont need it) well good luck and go out and win that div 1 state championship.nobody wins state easily....theres plenty of good competition out there...

olddawggreen
09-28-2003, 08:40 PM
Thats very true Jason.

espn1
09-29-2003, 05:06 AM
jason:

marlinbulldogplayer:
well burnet is going to win state easily. shipley,mcgee,warner,and levens those kids are something great. i wish yall all the luck the rest of the season ( even though yall wont need it) well good luck and go out and win that div 1 state championship.nobody wins state easily....theres plenty of good competition out there...Yeah! I'm worried about Gainsville. HOLLA!