PDA

View Full Version : la grange vs. bellville (softball)

Bull19
04-09-2008, 06:33 PM
previously unbeaten la grange loses to the girls of bellville 3-0.

zebrablue2
04-09-2008, 07:34 PM
crazy district. congrats to the lady brahmas. good win...

Reds fan
04-09-2008, 08:25 PM
Bellville 3
La Grange 0

Murphy played very well tonight, 3 hit shutout and hit a home run.
Peschel had a huge 2 out double to drive in 2 runs in 2nd frame.

KL3
04-09-2008, 08:43 PM
How many HR's does Murphy have this year?

Reds fan
04-09-2008, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by KL3
How many HR's does Murphy have this year?

I think 4 now:clap:

18handicap
04-09-2008, 08:54 PM
You never know where and when 18handicap just might show up. Congrats to Bellville on a well played game.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-09-2008, 09:34 PM
Way to go Bellville Softball. What are the district standings after tonight?

Reds fan
04-09-2008, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Way to go Bellville Softball. What are the district standings after tonight?

La Grange 7-1
Giddings 5-2 *
Bellville 6-2
Navasota 2-5*
Smithville 1-6*
Caldwell 1-6*

*awaiting 4/9 scores
Smithville @ Navasota
Giddings @ Caldwell

18handicap
04-09-2008, 10:57 PM
According to KBTX, Giddings 12, Caldwell 2

hookandladder
04-10-2008, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by 18handicap
You never know where and when 18handicap just might show up. Congrats to Bellville on a well played game.

Who might really care.

hookandladder
04-10-2008, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by Bull19
previously unbeaten la grange loses to the girls of bellville 3-0.

Was told some of the players were really nervous before the game, being as young as they are it will be interesting to see if this plays a factor the rest of the season. No Senior in the starting lineup so leadership could become a problem. Navasota will definitely test them, hopefully they will step up.

18handicap
04-10-2008, 06:44 AM
Why are you so negative? Were you there?

I was there to cheer LaGrange as I still support them. Their pitcher comes to College Station for lessons and I still do business in the LaGrange since I did buy a piece of land near town when I was coaching there. I intend to build there when I retire. My grandparents were raised there, so I will always support the Leps. I made my comment in jest because of a couple of the Bellville parents who post on here saw me there and we talked for a few minutes.

LG has some very good young talent and they will be successful the rest of the year and into the playoffs.

nette_mom
04-10-2008, 07:57 AM
I just wanted to say Congratulations to my Bellville Brahmanettes!!!! Also, I would like to commend the fans from LaGrange. It is so nice to see two teams fight hard to win a game. LaGrange wanted the game more than us when we were in LaGrange and deserved their victory. We wanted the game last night. I don't think age has a thing to do with it! It is who shows up to play!!!
LaGrange team and fans are a class act!!!! It is so nice when each side cheers for their team and doesn't degrade players on the opposing team. Maybe some of the fans from other teams should TAKE NOTE!!!! Good Luck to both teams in the playoffs and let's represent District 23 with classs and pride!!!!! WHOOP!!!!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-10-2008, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
Was told some of the players were really nervous before the game,

I am sure the Bellville girls were just as nervous. Way to go Bellville Softball. What was the # of wins in a row for the leps before this game?

Bull19
04-10-2008, 10:07 AM
I am sure the Bellville girls were just as nervous. Way to go Bellville Softball. What was the # of wins in a row for the leps before this game? 56

18handicap
04-10-2008, 10:10 AM
Coach told me 23. That is one great streak. I was telling one of the pitcher's dads that LG was like the Rockets!! But LG will do better in the playoffs than I think the Rockets will do!

PutMeInCoach
04-10-2008, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
Was told some of the players were really nervous before the game, being as young as they are it will be interesting to see if this plays a factor the rest of the season. No Senior in the starting lineup so leadership could become a problem. Navasota will definitely test them, hopefully they will step up.

Nervous?...Just an excuse when you lose. Plain and simple LG didn't hit the ball.

Leadership doesn't come from classification. A leader needs to have courage, vision, perseverance, confidence, self-discipline, honesty, sense of humor and be a risk taker. Many underclassmen have these traits...they are just diamonds in the rough. What a better time to shine than in the face of adversity.

Best of luck LG in the playoffs.

jayfan1
04-10-2008, 10:17 AM
AMEN

Bull19
04-10-2008, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by PutMeInCoach
Nervous?...Just an excuse when you lose. Plain and simple LG didn't hit the ball.

Leadership doens't come from classification. A leader needs to have courage, vision, perseverance, confidence, self-discipline, honesty, sense of humor and be a risk taker. Many underclassmen have these traits...they are just diamonds in the rough. What a better time to shine than in the face of adversity.

ditto. once you make varsity you're expceted to perform, lead, etc. your on the team for a reason. you have no room for excuses just because you're an underclassman

jayfan1
04-10-2008, 10:38 AM
AMEN again !

PutMeInCoach
04-10-2008, 12:22 PM
With Bellville getting the win this makes things very interesting for their game against Giddings on Friday. Any predictions?

hookandladder
04-10-2008, 02:12 PM

Leadership doesn't come from classification. A leader needs to have courage, vision, perseverance, confidence, self-discipline, honesty, sense of humor and be a risk taker. Many underclassmen have these traits...they are just diamonds in the rough. What a better time to shine than in the face of adversity.

Did not mean it as an excuse, Bellville was definitely the better team last night. The final score proves it, I am just stating the obvious that LG is a young team with no seniors in the lineup. If one of the younger players does not step up to be a leader, this could hurt you in the playoffs. Our team that won State had players step up and take charge, that is all I am saying. Not trying to make excuses about losing 1 District game, I think our coach is very happy to be where she is right now in the standings.

Reds fan
04-10-2008, 06:40 PM
With Bellville getting the win this makes things very interesting for their game against Giddings on Friday. Any predictions?

You are right, this second round matchup is interesting. No prediction, just hope both teams play well and injury free

PutMeInCoach
04-10-2008, 09:03 PM
Any coach would be happy to be 1st in the district standings...that's a given.

Are you saying your team doesn't have anyone in a leadership role now? I wouldn't think a team could win 23 straight without someone leading. Have they just been lucky? It's only 1 loss. I think your notion of someone stepping up and being a leader or it could affect them in the playoffs is just silly. All you're doing is planting a seed of doubt into the heads of the players that do read this board. Focus on their positives.

Yes, LG is a young team...any success now only gives a glimps of what the future MAY hold.

Personally, I think LG will make a good playoff run as long as they keep playing like they have been.

Bellville vs. Giddings: I agree it's going to be one heck of a game. I'm definately going to watch that one. I too hope both teams play their best and are injury free.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-11-2008, 09:47 AM
Were is the Bellville vs Giddings game?

Reds fan
04-11-2008, 09:50 AM
Were is the Bellville vs Giddings game?

@ Giddings 7pm tonight, wish I could be there:( .

trg
04-11-2008, 10:07 AM
Congratulations to Bellville on your win against La Grange. Way to go Alyssa on your homerun!!!!!

Good luck against Giddings tonight. We're pulling for you.