View Full Version : All you Cameron fans

Johnny Utah
04-09-2008, 10:40 AM
Soccer next year? Wow!!!

NastySlot
04-09-2008, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Soccer next year? Wow!!!

I saw the job posted on the THSCA website...and was wondering if it was a new sport or if Cameron already had it.

CenTexSports
04-09-2008, 10:54 AM
There are pickup soccer games on the middle school playground every weekend. I think the increasing hispanic population has something to do with it because it appears that the majority of the young men playing are hispanic.

Also the new superintendent may have something to do with it.

NastySlot
04-09-2008, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
There are pickup soccer games on the middle school playground every weekend. I think the increasing hispanic population has something to do with it because it appears that the majority of the young men playing are hispanic.

Also the new superintendent may have something to do with it.

the town I lived in seven years ago 3A now...the same thing happen...pick up games at park...mostly hispanic and they added soccer...where I live now the same thing...and the soccer team is mostly hispanic.............it's a good thing for the hispanic kids....get them involved.

c-town_balla
04-09-2008, 01:04 PM
we had a "club" team this year....we were Robinsons JV and we played about 10 games with quite a few players

Rocket Dad
04-09-2008, 01:50 PM
High School Soccer is good for kids but tough on the overall Ath. program because it overlaps basketball and baseball/track. Most of the kids that will play will be Soccer only and reduce some numbers in other sports. That makes it difficult to be highly competitve in all spring sports in smaller schools.

CenTexSports
04-09-2008, 02:16 PM
I saw the Cameron Super at lunch today and he said that there was a large interest in Cameron and that is why they started it. He also said that they got the allignment from the UIL this week and they will be in a district with the Waco schools.

cshscougar08
04-09-2008, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
we had a "club" team this year....we were Robinsons JV and we played about 10 games with quite a few players

That's how we were this year. We start playing for real next year as well.