PDA

View Full Version : My friends think I'm an idiot...................

nobogey72
04-09-2008, 06:45 AM
for turning down a free trip to the Masters, because my 10 yr old daughter didn't want me to miss her softball game. I think they are probably right about me being an idiot, because I've known that a long time. But, I still think I better be there when the PURPLE HAZE take on the ROCK STARS in a much hyped and ballyhooed battle.:inlove: :inlove:

waterboy
04-09-2008, 07:15 AM
You did the RIGHT thing.:clap: :thumbsup: :D

Adidas410s
04-09-2008, 07:26 AM
hmmm...hmmm...:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

jason
04-09-2008, 07:30 AM
thats why i have a dog, as long as i let him out to pee and let him lick himself, he's happy.....

DaHop72
04-09-2008, 07:40 AM
I have a friend that is there today for the practice round. I think I hate him.:D :D

nobogey72
04-09-2008, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by jason
thats why i have a dog, as long as i let him out to pee and let him lick himself, he's happy.....

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Duh! Who wouldn't be happy under those conditions?:confused: :D

DaHop72
04-09-2008, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
for turning down a free trip to the Masters, because my 10 yr old daughter didn't want me to miss her softball game. I think they are probably right about me being an idiot, because I've known that a long time. But, I still think I better be there when the PURPLE HAZE take on the ROCK STARS in a much hyped and ballyhooed battle.:inlove: :inlove: Very upright dad to do this for your daughter, but what about your downlow golfing buddies.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

CenTexSports
04-09-2008, 07:49 AM
I am assuming you are a serious golfer.

If you have been before or are sure that you will get to go again then you made the right decision.

If it was a once in a lifetime opportunity, then you made a huge mistake.

There is nothing like Augusta. I got to go once and it was great. The course has to be seen in person to be believed. The rough was better than the fairways at 99 percent of the courses I have ever played and I have played US open courses. Plus the food is good and inexpensive as are the shirts and hats.

BTW, I don't necessarily want to go again. Having been there, it gives a better understanding of the course when you watch it on TV and you don't have to get around 40,000 other people.

There would have been other softball games and I promise you that you would remember this trip longer then you daughter would have remembered a single game of softball that you attended.

eppy 12
04-09-2008, 08:16 AM
thats why i have a dog, as long as i let him out to pee and let him lick himself, he's happy..... http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l239/eppy12/ican.jpg:clap: ;)

Texasfootball2
04-09-2008, 08:18 AM

I guess this is why I haven't been happy since I loss the flexibility in my lower back area:thinking:

eppy 12
04-09-2008, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
I guess this is why I haven't been happy since I loss the flexibility in my lower back area:thinking: http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l239/eppy12/thhahawaitwhat.gif

pirate4state
04-09-2008, 09:33 AM
that kinda sucks

i think i would have gone to Augusta :thinking:

either way, it's your daughter and your decision....don't worry about what your friends think :)

jason
04-09-2008, 09:35 AM
should have taken her with you, i think kids under 16 get in free with a parent who has a pass....

injuredinmelee
04-09-2008, 10:13 AM
any from your group going? I want to get a visor from thee but am afraid to give Timmy B. my money ahead of time. ;)

PPHSfan
04-09-2008, 10:18 AM
If I had a ticket to the Masters that I could use or give away....I would find one of my truly good friends.....and tell him to go watch my daughter play softball while I was in Augusta.

nobogey72
04-09-2008, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
any from your group going? I want to get a visor from thee but am afraid to give Timmy B. my money ahead of time. ;)

Tim B and Dr Funk are the only 2 I know that are going. I'd get the visor on Ebay before I'd trust TB to bring me one back. :D

CenTexSports
04-09-2008, 10:51 AM
I got a hat and ball marker last year when one of my suppliers went.

vet93
04-09-2008, 11:53 AM
A good read on this is to apply the "end of life" principle. When you are on your death bed and your are surrounded by the things that count...I would guess that you will have a devoted daughter who remembers her daddy giving up a trip to the masters for her, holding your hand. I doubt very seriously that you will have Tiger Woods, or any of the current great golfers there with you. This principle does not apply to Jason however, because I am sure that he would likely rather have at least a poster of Tiger Woods mounted to the ceiling above his death bed!!;)

STANG RED
04-09-2008, 01:54 PM
for turning down a free trip to the Masters, because my 10 yr old daughter didn't want me to miss her softball game. I think they are probably right about me being an idiot, because I've known that a long time. But, I still think I better be there when the PURPLE HAZE take on the ROCK STARS in a much hyped and ballyhooed battle.:inlove: :inlove:

This is bull crap!!! I am free! I could have gone! :mad: :mad: :mad: What the hell were you thinking man??? Just for this, I am going to tell your wife about all the mean things you have said about her on here.:devil:

Silverback 04
04-09-2008, 02:58 PM
Wow, a softball game over the Masters! I have 3 daughters and have been to countless softball, basketball, soccer and volleyball games, not to mention track meets that i have traveled to all parts of the great state of Texas and beyond to attend. I'm not saying I wouldn't, but I would at least have to think it over before passing up the Masters, in what could be a once in a lifetime event, versus a 10 year olds softball game complete with 5 errors, 12 wild pitches, 8 walks, and at least 14 wildflowers picked in the outfield, per inning.

Congratulations, you are now free to hang yourself.

nobogey72
04-09-2008, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Silverback 04
Wow, a softball game over the Masters! I have 3 daughters and have been to countless softball, basketball, soccer and volleyball games, not to mention track meets that i have traveled to all parts of the great state of Texas and beyond to attend. I'm not saying I wouldn't, but I would at least have to think it over before passing up the Masters, in what could be a once in a lifetime event, versus a 10 year olds softball game complete with 5 errors, 12 wild pitches, 8 walks, and at least 14 wildflowers picked in the outfield, per inning.

Congratulations, you are now free to hang yourself.

Well, it's not the missing the game part that I couldn't (or don't want to) handle. It's that look on her face part when I tell her there is something I'd rather go do, that I'd rather not handle. :(

Texasfootball2
04-09-2008, 03:34 PM
Well, it's not the missing the game part that I couldn't (or don't want to) handle. It's that look on her face part when I tell her there is something I'd rather go do, that I'd rather not handle. :(

Been There, Done That:thumbsup: Amen!:D

Silverback 04
04-09-2008, 03:45 PM
I really do think you probably did the right thing, however, this might have been the perfect opportunity to teach her a life lesson in disappointment. We as parents tend to baby our babies, and then the first time they get to feel real disappointment they don't know how to handle it. Get'em used to it early and then later on when something goes right they'll think they hit the Lotto.

I'm just bustin' your hump, go have fun at the softball game, besides you've already missed Charles Coody's hole in one.