PDA

View Full Version : All 3 Relays going to Regional

ToroChingon
04-08-2008, 10:32 PM
.Jackets!

charlesrixey
04-09-2008, 06:43 AM
can more than one relay team go to state?

not that it would likely happen, but is it possible?

Gobbler Fan
04-09-2008, 07:12 AM
Cuero has sent 2 sprint relays to state the last three years ......4 golds , 1 silver , 1 bronze.

So yes its very possible and i'm sure it happens frequently .

charlesrixey
04-09-2008, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
Cuero has sent 2 sprint relays to state the last three years ......4 golds , 1 silver , 1 bronze.

not sure why i never knew that

of course, i haven't run track since 8th grade, and that was in clinton's FIRST term (so it's been a while)

44INAROW
04-09-2008, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan

maybe I am misreading the question - and if so, please forgive me - but hasn't Cuero taken 3 relay teams to state the last 3 years? This year the sprint, 800 and mile relay are all going to Regionals again :clap: :clap:

Gobbler Fan
04-09-2008, 08:29 AM
I believe the 4x100 and the 4x200 have qualified for state the last 3 years and the 4x400 has made it the last 2 after dropping the baton at regionals in 2005 ??. Not to shabby I must say .

Now if some of the guy's get healthy in time for regionals ....we may take a few more relays to Austin this year.

:D

4x100jackets
04-09-2008, 10:27 AM
Better enjoy it this yr in Region 4, because next yr you will not be running against the Zapata's, and Hidalgo's any more !!!!!!!!!!

pirate4state
04-09-2008, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by 4x100jackets
Better enjoy it this yr in Region 4, because next yr you will not be running against the Zapata's, and Hidalgo's any more !!!!!!!!!!

:confused:

Who will they be running against??

I_DONT_CARE
04-09-2008, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:confused:

Who will they be running against??
THE SHARKS?

pirate4state
04-09-2008, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by I_DONT_CARE
THE SHARKS?

:doh: They already compete against Palacios!

I'm guessing Sealy, Giddings, etc that are moving into Region IV.

44INAROW
04-09-2008, 10:39 AM
never mind - not worth the time.......

Black_Magic
04-09-2008, 10:46 AM
Snyder had a good district meet too. The got all three relays out to regional and also qualified every event there is in track except the pole vault and the triple jump.

nobogey72
04-09-2008, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Snyder had a good district meet too. The got all three relays out to regional and also qualified every event there is in track except the pole vault and the triple jump.

4 team district.:rolleyes:

NastySlot
04-09-2008, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
4 team district.:rolleyes:

4 team district.....is strong or weak?

Black_Magic
04-09-2008, 10:52 AM
4 team district.:rolleyes: Thats right . Lets see how they do at the regional meet. ;) Id say if they finish in the top 3 teams then you can take your 4 team distirct comment and uhhhh ... retract it.. Snyder also had a 4 team district in football too.;)

NastySlot
04-09-2008, 10:55 AM
Thats right . Lets see how they do at the regional meet. ;) Id say if they finish in the top 3 teams then you can take your 4 team distirct comment and uhhhh ... retract it.. Snyder also had a 4 team district in football too.;)

should do well...you have numbers...esp. if you have events where two qualified.

nobogey72
04-09-2008, 10:57 AM
Thats right . Lets see how they do at the regional meet. ;) Id say if they finish in the top 3 teams then you can take your 4 team distirct comment and uhhhh ... retract it.. Snyder also had a 4 team district in football too.;)

I would agree with your statement. If Snyder has some that get out of Regional, I will take my comment and ......retract it. You might have to post the results on here and remind me though, because the Abilene newspaper probably won't have the results listed.

Gobbler Fan
04-09-2008, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by 4x100jackets

Yeah thats true...we Region 4 have only won 2 State Championship's and runner up the last 3 years in track .

Pity us :D

ToroChingon
04-09-2008, 11:19 AM
That's what I was thinking. LOL!

Don't you love it when an IDIOT comes on bashing kids' successes?

[Correction: All 6 Relays Going To Regional]

pirate4state
04-09-2008, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by ToroChingon

Maybe he's thinking Cuero won't even make it out of the Region!! :thinking: I don't know, but I'm pretty sure those towns moving in have been here before. I couldn't tell you who represented Region IV at state (when they did), but I'm sure someone else could. :)

For the record, I didn't see it as "bashing". More like "trash talking" than anything else. ;)

NastySlot
04-09-2008, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by ToroChingon

people outside of region four have no clue......have coached in this region the last seven years.....grew up in region II and also coached in region III for eight years....kids work hard in all....but as far as being blessed with natural talent...IV is lacking but the kids make up for it with hard work and heart....they will outwork the kids in the other regions....and they know at times the deck is stacked against them but they compete.....bashing the kids..bugs the heck of me.

pirate4state
04-09-2008, 11:28 AM
Oh, I see....maybe bashing the "Zapata & Hidalgo" kids ... got it .... NOT COOL! :mad:

Black_Magic
04-09-2008, 11:34 AM
I would agree with your statement. If Snyder has some that get out of Regional, I will take my comment and ......retract it. You might have to post the results on here and remind me though, because the Abilene newspaper probably won't have the results listed. Should do well. 4x100 and 4x200 are both one of the fastest times at the regional meet. the 100 and 200 meters are top times as well as long jump. points should come in most other events like mile 2 mile 400m ,mile relay