beat the Sea/OKC Sonics by 16 tonight

kepdawg
04-08-2008, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
beat the Sea/OKC Sonics by 16 tonight

I would hope so!

Phil C
04-09-2008, 09:42 AM
I think the Mavs have a good chance to get into the playoffs. This would make all three Texas teams in the playoffs. Very good indeed!

kaorder1999
04-09-2008, 09:44 AM
I think Dallas is a lock pretty much now....Denver and GS will be fighting for that last spot...

Phil C
04-09-2008, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
I think Dallas is a lock pretty much now....Denver and GS will be fighting for that last spot...

ka I think Dallas has the tie breaker against both of them even though I am not completely sure.

kaorder1999
04-09-2008, 09:52 AM
im not sure on the tiebreaker thing but I cant see Dallas falling out of the #7 spot. They are pretty much a lock for either SA or LA in round 1

Texasfootball2
04-09-2008, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
im not sure on the tiebreaker thing but I cant see Dallas falling out of the #7 spot. They are pretty much a lock for either SA or LA in round 1
I think the Mavs own all tie breakers with GS and Denver. Probably only have to win one more game to get in. As for the 8th spot. The Warriors and Nuggets play tomarrow night. Looking at the final four games of the year for both of these teams, the Nuggets are in a must win situation tomarrow night against Golden State even though there tied in the standings. The Warriors have an easy remaining schedule for the most part (Clippers at home, @Suns, and Sonics at home), Denver has @Utah, Rockets and Grizzlies at home. The tie breaker may come into play, but only is Denver wins tomarrow night, if they lose I think GS will be the 8th seed.

As for the Mavs - looking at the remaining schedule I predict the Mavs will play New Orleans on the last day of the regular season with this on the line. Lose to NO and you get SA in round one. Beat NO and you will turn around and play them in round one. To much would have to happen and the schedule doesn't set up for the Mavs to play the Lakers round one.

My Round One Predictions:
*Spurs vs. Warriors
*Hornets vs. Mavs
*Lakers vs.Suns
*Jazz vs. Rockets

as compared to this

*Celtics vs. Hawks
*Pistons vs. Raptors
*Magic vs. 76ers
*Cavs vs. Wizards

My guess is TNT will load up their TV schedule with Western Conference games.

crzyjournalist03
04-09-2008, 10:59 AM
Dallas owns the tiebreaker over Golden State.

Denver owns the tiebreaker over Dallas.

Texasfootball2
04-09-2008, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Dallas owns the tiebreaker over Golden State.

Denver owns the tiebreaker over Dallas.

Did not know the Nuggets/Mavs tie breaker, thanks. I still don't think it will come into play for the Mavs. The Nuggets have the biggest hill to climb just to get the 8th spot. The Mavs would almost have to lose the last four games to hypothetically get into a tie breaker with the Nuggets looking at the Nuggets final four or five games. I personally think the Mavs will win at least two, maybe three of the final four. How they will play is definitley up in the air.

bwdlionfan
04-09-2008, 12:27 PM
These matchups in the western conference playoffs look like 2nd and 3rd round matchups... it's going to be a fun month and a half

Sweetwater Red
04-09-2008, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
These matchups in the western conference playoffs look like 2nd and 3rd round matchups... it's going to be a fun month and a half

It sure is. I just hope who ever represents the West still
has meat on their bones for the Pistons :D :thumbsup: or the
Keltics :rolleyes: :mad: to pick over.:thinking: :devil:

coach
04-09-2008, 01:05 PM
as a mavs fan i am only scared of the spurs la and utah...i think the mavs can beat anybody else...yes that means they can beat houston...

Texasfootball2
04-09-2008, 02:19 PM
One thing I think will really help the Mavs in the playoffs this year is the fact they have play tough meaningful games down the stretch and will be able to carry some confidence and momentum into the playoffs. Unlike the past couple of years where the played the last two or three weeks of the season coasting and playing meaningless games. It seems like in every sport, the teams that have to fight to get in, are always a tough out and teams that clinch early and coast into the playoffs are surprised and upset in early rounds, Hint.....Cowboy fans, Charger fans, Colts fans, Angels fans last year, ect...........

The fact is, I think anybody in the West is capable of making it to the NBA finals, with the exception of who ever is the 8th seed. The East.....well there the east.