PDA

View Full Version : Hamshire-Fannett stuns Jasper

bccards
04-08-2008, 09:46 PM
Hamshire-Fannett was up 12-3 at the end of 1 inning, Jasper battled back to make the final 14 H-F 12 Jasper.. Jasper is having a rough streak now! yuck!

pirate4state
04-08-2008, 09:49 PM
baseball??? wow

What are the distirct standings?

bccards
04-08-2008, 09:57 PM
as of tonights games:
Bridge City (10-0)
Jasper (7-3)
Silsbee (7-3)
Hardin-Jefferson (7-3)
Hamshire-Fannett (4-6)
Orangefield (3-7)
WO-S (2-8)
Kirbyville (1-9)

I think BC has only lost 1 district game since dropping down to 3A, and that was last year to Jasper. if I recall, BC and Jasper had to play a one game playoff to determine the district champion last year, then of course met up in the Regionals...

pirate4state
04-08-2008, 10:01 PM
How many games remain? 3 way tie for 2nd!! :eek: :eek: These kind of districts are fun to keep up with.

Astrosdawg07
04-08-2008, 10:40 PM
Wow how did this happen??? I man there's a chance that Jasper after winning a state championship the previous year doesn't even make the play offs. But I'm willing to bet Mixon gets his kids in line and wins the last three to make sure there is no chance they can't make the playoffs.

buff4life
04-08-2008, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by bccards
Hamshire-Fannett was up 12-3 at the end of 1 inning, Jasper battled back to make the final 14 H-F 12 Jasper.. Jasper is having a rough streak now! yuck!

great pitching for the first inning, NOT lol

j_dog
04-08-2008, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
How many games remain? 3 way tie for 2nd!! :eek: :eek: These kind of districts are fun to keep up with.
Four games to go. See, this is what we have been telling you all about how tough, and how deep this district is. On any given night, even the last place team could knock off any other team if they get a few breaks.

j_dog
04-08-2008, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by bccards
I think BC has only lost 1 district game since dropping down to 3A, and that was last year to Jasper. if I recall, BC and Jasper had to play a one game playoff to determine the district champion last year, then of course met up in the Regionals...
Not quite true. Silsbee first knocked off BC in district last year, then Jasper won 3-2 over BC in Jasper, then went to BC and won there. There was no playoff needed, Jasper finished with the better record. You may remember, Jasper won four of five games from BC last year. Two in district, and 2 out of 3 in QF.

bccards
04-09-2008, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by j_dog
Not quite true. Silsbee first knocked off BC in district last year, then Jasper won 3-2 over BC in Jasper, then went to BC and won there. There was no playoff needed, Jasper finished with the better record. You may remember, Jasper won four of five games from BC last year. Two in district, and 2 out of 3 in QF.

Thanks for the correction, I don't know why I was thinking that had happened. But now that you do mention it, I remember now. I had totally forgotten about Silsbee beating BC. I've slept a few times since then, lol. :D

Bearkat
04-09-2008, 08:34 AM
Lovely 21-3A baseball. The score of the game is a huge surprise to me but not the outcome. Every team in this district is tough. I know the records don't show it, but believe me. If you haven't had a chance to watch a game in this district you don't know what you're missing. There will be 2 very good teams from this district staying home come playoff time. It has to be gut-wrenching for the coaches. Congrats to Hamshire-Fannett.

pirate4state
04-09-2008, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by j_dog
Four games to go. See, this is what we have been telling you all about how tough, and how deep this district is. On any given night, even the last place team could knock off any other team if they get a few breaks. I never had a doubt in my mind that this was a tough district. ;)

Good Luck the rest of the way!