PDA

View Full Version : District 30 3a district track meet starts today

FutureAD
04-08-2008, 01:19 PM
Not sure if anyone has posted this yet but.... hopefully sinton can pull this out...they have a good chance but west oso stands in their way...Sinton has some strong relays and it will be a battle in the mile relay and probably the whole meet will come down to the mile relay tomorrow...

Phil C
04-08-2008, 01:23 PM
The Corpus Christi Caller/Times and the local newspaper says that Sinton is playing Orange Grove in baseball and softball tonight. The Corpus paper also says that Ingleside plays Aransas Pass and Mathis plays West Oso.

pirate4state
04-08-2008, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by FutureAD
Not sure if anyone has posted this yet but.... hopefully sinton can pull this out...they have a good chance but west oso stands in their way...Sinton has some strong relays and it will be a battle in the mile relay and probably the whole meet will come down to the mile relay tomorrow...

Here is the schedule of events:

Tuesday, April 8th

3:00 p.m. – High Jump – VB , JVG

5:30 p.m. - 100 m. hurdles – JVG,VgG

Shot Put – VB , JVG 110 m. hurdles – JVB, VB

Discus – VG , JVB 100 m. dash – JVG, JVB, VG, VB

Long Jump – JVG , VB 400 m. dash – JVG, JVB, VG, VB

Triple Jump – VG , JVB 300 m. hurdles – JVG, VG, JVB, VB

Pole Vault – JVB , VG 200 m. dash – JVG, JVB, VG, VB

3200 M. run (final) at the conclusion of the 200 m. dash. JVG, JVB, VG, VB

Wednesday, April 9th

1:00 p.m. –

High Jump – VG , JVB

Shot Put – VG , JVB

Discus – VB , JVG

Long Jump – JVB , VG

Triple Jump – VB , JVG

Pole Vault – JVG , VB

Finals – 4:00 p.m.

4:00 – 400 m. relay – JVG, JVB, VG, VB

4:15 – 800 m. run – JVG, JVB, VG, VB

4:40 – 100 m. hurdles – JVG, VG

4:50 – 110 m. hurdles – JVB, VB

5:00 – 100 m. dash – JVG, JVB, VG, VB

5:15 – 800 m. relay – JVG, JVB, VG, VB

5:40 – 400 m. dash – JVG, JVB, VG, VB

5:50 – 300 m. hurdles – JVG, VG, JVB, VB

6:10 – 200 m. dash – JVG. JVB, VG, VB

6:25 – 1600 run – JVG, JVB, VG, VB

7:00 – 1600 relay – JVG, JVB, VG, VB

Probably won't be able to go until tomorrow. Are you gonna be home?

pirate4state
04-08-2008, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
The Corpus Christi Caller/Times and the local newspaper says that Sinton is playing Orange Grove in baseball and softball tonight. The Corpus paper also says that Ingleside plays Aransas Pass and Mathis plays West Oso.

Phil, didn't we talk about this last week? All events originally scheduled for today were pushed back to Friday because of the district track meet.

FutureAD
04-08-2008, 01:26 PM

Though when i say sinton i meant the girls team... just thought id clear that up :D

FutureAD
04-08-2008, 01:27 PM

trust me phil i know it starts tonight...lol haha :D

Buccaneer
04-08-2008, 01:30 PM
Though when i say sinton i meant the girls team... just thought id clear that up :D

I think Ingleside will be the favorite to win the boy's.

FutureAD
04-08-2008, 01:31 PM
Ya ingleside has a strong track team...at one meet this year they beat all the teams by over 100 points

Phil C
04-08-2008, 01:32 PM
I like track and field.

FutureAD
04-08-2008, 01:34 PM
I like track and field.

well its in orange grove if you decide you want to stop by...you can go cheer on the girls in the pre lims they have a strong chance to win this year...

pirate4state
04-08-2008, 01:34 PM
Though when i say sinton i meant the girls team... just thought id clear that up :D If the girls can pull it off -- I will be SO happy for the coach!! :inlove: :)

FutureAD
04-08-2008, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
If the girls can pull it off -- I will be SO happy for the coach!! :inlove: :)

haha so will i...:D he is long over due for another district title...this year can be that year

pirate4state
04-08-2008, 01:37 PM
haha so will i...:D he is long over due for another district title...this year can be that year yes he is & i hope you are right

GO LADY PIRATES!!!

Buccaneer
04-08-2008, 01:45 PM
Is this the 1st time it is being held in Orange Grove? I haven't kept up with it the last few years but it seemed it used to always be held in Sinton.

FutureAD
04-08-2008, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
Is this the 1st time it is being held in Orange Grove? I haven't kept up with it the last few years but it seemed it used to always be held in Sinton.

ya the first time in i think a real long time...because it had been held in AP the last two years because AP had gotten a new track but because of coaching changes and just not having the ability to run a good track meet they didnt want to run it this year but mostly because of coaching changes...but ya after AP decided they didnt want to run it they decided on OG

pirate4state
04-08-2008, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
Is this the 1st time it is being held in Orange Grove? I haven't kept up with it the last few years but it seemed it used to always be held in Sinton. Last year it was in Aransas Pass and before that I think it was in Ingleside. I don't know how they decide who gets to host.

FutureAD
04-08-2008, 01:52 PM
Last year it was in Aransas Pass and before that I think it was in Ingleside. I don't know how they decide who gets to host.

im not sure but its either the superintendants or AD's that get together and decide or it might be both at the same time not sure...i cant remember

pirate4state
04-08-2008, 01:58 PM
im not sure but its either the superintendants or AD's that get together and decide or it might be both at the same time not sure...i cant remember well you better find out Mr. FUTURE AD :p :p

Phil C
04-08-2008, 02:09 PM
Phil, didn't we talk about this last week? All events originally scheduled for today were pushed back to Friday because of the district track meet.

But the West Oso games were supposed to be Friday!

:confused: :eek:

FutureAD
04-08-2008, 02:10 PM
well you better find out Mr. FUTURE AD :p :p

haha i think i have some time before that has to be learned...and im sure theyll tell me once i get the job haha :D

pirate4state
04-08-2008, 02:12 PM
haha i think i have some time before that has to be learned...and im sure theyll tell me once i get the job haha :D HAHAHAHA

Phil - I swear you are gonna drive me to drink! :mad: :D

FutureAD
04-08-2008, 02:15 PM
But the West Oso games were supposed to be Friday!

:confused: :eek:

please tell me he is kidding:dispntd: lol

pirate4state
04-08-2008, 02:21 PM
please tell me he is kidding:dispntd: lol

one never knows with phil ;)

Here is the remaining schedule for softball Phil:

4/11 - @ Orange Grove
4/15 - @ home vs. West Oso (Parent's night)
4/18 - @ Mathis

Playoffs begin May 1st because we recieve a 1st round bye

pirate4state
04-09-2008, 09:53 PM
FutureAD I know you've already heard, but I thought I'd report back. The Sinton girls came up just short tonight. :(

West Oso girls have a great team...congrats to them on winning the meet!!

It was so GREAT that the Sinton 2x200 & 4x400 teams WON!!! And placed 2nd in the 4x100!!! :cheerl: :cheerl:

Congrats to the girls for qualifying all 3 relays!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Congrats to all of our other qualifiers. I'll have exact numbers sometime tomorrow.

Good Luck at Regionals.

As for our boys, I think they came in 4th!!! :eek: But I know they did qualify some individuals in field events. Good Luck to them.

FutureAD
04-09-2008, 10:45 PM
ya and i heard the mile relay came down to the end and was an exciting race...but ya congrats to west oso and to bad our girls couldnt come out on top maybe next year...have most returning...

pirate4state
04-10-2008, 09:32 AM
ya and i heard the mile relay came down to the end and was an exciting race...but ya congrats to west oso and to bad our girls couldnt come out on top maybe next year...have most returning... It was very exciting. Not having any distance runners really hurt us. The past few years we could always count on Sara getting us points! :(

Phil C
04-10-2008, 11:06 AM
one never knows with phil ;)

Here is the remaining schedule for softball Phil:

4/11 - @ Orange Grove
4/15 - @ home vs. West Oso (Parent's night)
4/18 - @ Mathis

Playoffs begin May 1st because we recieve a 1st round bye

We have to be careful. We haven't cinched the district championship yet.