PDA

View Full Version : Tennessee vs Stanford

kepdawg
04-08-2008, 10:50 AM
Candace or Candice

eagles_victory
04-08-2008, 10:54 AM
I cannot wait for this game I love the womens NCAA tournament. I love the Lady Vols but I got to go with The Cardinal tonight. Wiggins is playing better then the hobbled Parker right now and the Stanford supporting cast is playing better then Tennessee's is right now. However, this is a very similar situation to last year when Rutgers was very impressive in their national semi final and Tennessee struggled to get past North Carolina. So you cant ever count out a Pat Summitt coached team. Plus Wiggins and Parker are probably the two best players in the country and two of the better looking players in the country cant ask for more then that.

buff4life
04-08-2008, 01:01 PM
who cares

Phil C
04-08-2008, 01:17 PM
I would love to be wrong but Tennessee dominates again. They are just too strong this year.

kepdawg
04-08-2008, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
I cannot wait for this game I love the womens NCAA tournament. I love the Lady Vols but I got to go with The Cardinal tonight. Wiggins is playing better then the hobbled Parker right now and the Stanford supporting cast is playing better then Tennessee's is right now. However, this is a very similar situation to last year when Rutgers was very impressive in their national semi final and Tennessee struggled to get past North Carolina. So you cant ever count out a Pat Summitt coached team. Plus Wiggins and Parker are probably the two best players in the country and two of the better looking players in the country cant ask for more then that.

It should be an interesting game. I'm sure UT is not too thrilled about the loss to Stanford earlier in the season. That game was decided in overtime. Wiggins has been playing great lately. I think Parker, even with the injury, should be good enough to substantially offset Wiggins scoring. Unless of course Wiggins blows up again and has another 40 point game. UT's role players have to step up. They have the experience and have done so time and time again when needed. I think UT pulls out a close one.

Phil C
04-08-2008, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
It should be an interesting game. I'm sure UT is not too thrilled about the loss to Stanford earlier in the season. That game was decided in overtime. Wiggins has been playing great lately. I think Parker, even with the injury, should be good enough to substantially offset Wiggins scoring. Unless of course Wiggins blows up again and has another 40 point game. UT's role players have to step up. They have the experience and have done so time and time again when needed. I think UT pulls out a close one.

Also look for the officials to help Tennessee win it if it is close with some close questionable calls near the end of the game.

eppy 12
04-08-2008, 01:49 PM
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l239/eppy12/smllv.jpg PERIOD!!!!!!!!:clap: :clap: :cool:

BwdLions
04-08-2008, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Also look for the officials to help Tennessee win it if it is close with some close questionable calls near the end of the game.

Yes, and it's because they're afraid of Pat Summitt like everyone else. That's one intimidating woman.

kepdawg
04-08-2008, 08:32 PM
Halftime

Tennessee 37 Stanford 29

Bull19
04-08-2008, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
who cares ditto

womens basketball is the biggest joke ever.

kepdawg
04-08-2008, 09:43 PM
Final

Tennessee 64 Stanford 48

Bull Butter
04-08-2008, 09:44 PM
Congrats Lady Vols!

What is this? 9 championships now for Pat Summitt?

pirate4state
04-08-2008, 09:47 PM
wow only 48 points for Stanford?? :eek: :eek:

I thought I heard on Sportscenter that they had scored 180 points in their last 2 games!! Impressive for the Lady Vols to hold 'em to less than 50! :thumbsup:

LH Panther Mom
04-08-2008, 09:49 PM
Yay me! I actually voted for Tennessee and I know next to nothing about how any girls' team is this year. :D

g$$
04-09-2008, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
Congrats Lady Vols!

What is this? 9 championships now for Pat Summitt?

8 Championships for Tenn & Pat Summitt, I believe. Summitt is straight, although intimidating, as she is married w/ at least 1 kid. Heck of a player in her day too (college, Olympic gold medalist, etc.). She sets the standard for women coaches.

Candace Parker is engaged to NBA player Shelden Williams. Anybody else remember Candice Wiggins' dad, Alan Wiggins, stud 2B for Padres in the 1980s? He later died of AIDS I think from drugs (sharing needles). Guy could play & really run. Sad deal.

Texas A&M lost a close one in Elite 8 to the eventual NC, not too shabby all things considered. And we were ahead 42-37 late in 2nd half too. Congrats to Tenn (again).

DaHop72
04-09-2008, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by g$$
8 Championships for Tenn & Pat Summitt, I believe. Summitt is straight, although intimidating, as she is married w/ at least 1 kid. Heck of a player in her day too (college, Olympic gold medalist, etc.). She sets the standard for women coaches.

Candace Parker is engaged to NBA player Shelden Williams. Anybody else remember Candice Wiggins' dad, Alan Wiggins, stud 2B for Padres in the 1980s? He later died of AIDS I think from drugs (sharing needles). Guy could play & really run. Sad deal.

Texas A&M lost a close one in Elite 8 to the eventual NC, not too shabby all things considered. And we were ahead 42-37 late in 2nd half too. Congrats to Tenn (again). Summitt has recently divorced her husband.:mad:

g$$
04-09-2008, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Summitt has recently divorced her husband.:mad:

Really? Kim Mulkey (Baylor) did too, but apparently it was more him than her.

Old Tiger
04-09-2008, 04:42 PM
Womens basketball sucks.